the me agian issue.....

you are quite correct, however the "me again" as a new thread was by error...the reason why i decided to ask instead of doing an extensive search is because with small lines of code like this, this is where forums and communities come in, so people can help each other, when users ask question in areas that i have a bit of knowledge on i help in the same way you helped me, so it saves me time and makes the forum a good place to hang out, a nice community.

I would not ask for code that i know is going to be pages and pages, a few lines from a well versed person are a much better way to go than to spend hours searching.....

my 2 cents :-)

Once again thanks for the code

i did it again....

its one of those days....i keep hitting "new thread" instead of "post reply"

.....one of those days

LOL!

No worries.... I simply wanted to point out that there are very few questions asked that have not already been asked, and answered. The power of the Internet is there to serve your every query.

Do pick up a basic PHP book or download the very nice Windows Help format version of the PHP on-line manual from http://php.net - You can easily query the help text to find basic answers.

Its clear that you are not that familiar with PHP - but that need not stop you from forging ahead. Spend a little time reading the language reference part of the guide, learn about looping, conditions, grouping (braces).

ASP being fairly similar the concepts you learn on one will be useful on the other, albeit with different functions etc.

Okay,
    I'm not sure which thread to post to,
    So I'll post different things to both of them.
    So There!

Here's a thought.
    What if you did it through XMLHTTP?
    You set up a 404 handler that reads the bogus URL, remotely grabs the good one replacing all the good URLs from the remote page with Bogus ones on the output? That wouldn't be hard. All you have to do is write the script and mess with your metabase a little.