hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : HostingCon : Reminder: Pricing Goes Up/Hotel Group Discount Ends June 16th

Forum Jump

Reminder: Pricing Goes Up/Hotel Group Discount Ends June 16th

Reply Post New Thread In HostingCon Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-2006, 02:02 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Reminder: Pricing Goes Up/Hotel Group Discount Ends June 16th

Just a reminder for any who have not registered for HostingCon 2006 yet. The pricing for registration to the conference goes up after June 16th ($100 more for Full Conference, $50 more for Single Day, and $25 more for Exhibits Only). If you're planning to attend but have not registered yet, I suggest you do so before then.

Also, the group discount at The Mirage ends June 16th, so if you haven't booked your rooms at The Mirage yet, I'd suggest you do so soon too.

Powerful, easy to use antispam services

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2006, 08:13 PM
Junior Guru

whats the normal cost on that room?

I'd like to stay at the mirgage just to make things simple but what are some hotels near the mirage?

Web Hosting, Dedicated Servers, Boston Colocation, Reseller Hosting, VDS/VPS, Web Design, and Full Server Management

Old 05-31-2006, 10:34 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

I think the normal price is $179 per night.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2006, 02:37 AM
Community Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by remcom
...what are some hotels near the mirage?
See this map. Treasure Island is close in price (currently $129/night for the conference dates), and Imperial Palace and Barbary Coast are more budget choices.

You can find hotel reviews here.

Lois

[edit] It never hurts to ask about hotel discounts. Treasure Island, for example, has a discount for AAA members.

Do you have a WHT question or concern? Please open a helpdesk ticket.

Old 06-01-2006, 04:19 AM
WHT Addict

There is something I can say about all conferences. Staying in the conference hotel always makes the most sense. Why? When you dont stay there, you often miss out on alot of networking oppurtunities. This has been true of every industry conference I have ever been too. What do I mean by networking oppurtunities? Say you meet a potential vendor, and they are taking a bunch of guys out, but everyone wants to run upstairs and change, or you want to drop all your conference material off, well if you have to run across the street, or across town to do all that, chances are you are going to get left... :-)

Old 06-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Mirage is selling out!

I have just placed a booking with Mirage today, 13th June. Although that it is ending on 16th June, they told me that the rooms for HostingCon rate is sold out. The rate is $179.

However speaking with a disappointed voice, the girl asked for her supervisor's permission to offer at $139. I was lucky to get it.

So everyone, better be fast.

Old 06-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

cdgan,

Whoever told you that at The Mirage is incorrect. We do still have rooms left in our block, though they are definately going fast so your comment about everyone being fast is correct.

Please send me an email to groberts@hostingcon.com with your name and the approximate time you reserved your room so I can follow up with The Mirage and make sure this doesn't happen again. Thanks!

Old 06-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Also, as a reminder, pricing goes up after Friday, June 16th. If you are planning to attend but haven't registered yet, or you know someone else who wants to attend but hasn't registered yet, now is the time to do it!

And don't forget you can use the discount code INET2006 to get $70 off Full Conference registration or $25 off Exhibits Only registration.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:51 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Hello George,

'cdgan' is me, Bryan from Comdev. I got my credit card confirmed and got the reservation code. I believe that should be alright.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:47 PM
Community Liaison 2.0

Treasure Island is now booking for $99/$99/$119, Sunday-Tuesday nights, and they are upgrading everyone who books to a strip-view room.

I just jumped on it

Old 06-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

We're travelling from Colorado on Sunday, staying in the Mirage 4 nights and leaving for home on Thursday. I opted to stay in the Mirage because last year we tried to save a few measly dollars and wished afterwards that we hadn't.

I guess we lucked out, but here is detail of our "deal" - we got round-trip airfares from our local airport (not having to drive to Denver and park there with worth $50 at least) - and we got Mirage room for two and round trip to Fort Collins/Loveland with Allegiant for $795.

The round trip airfare alone would have been $456 - so that makes our room a measly $339 for 4 nights - or $84.75 per night.

At those rates, if COULD be worthwhile booking with the same airline as ours, and never intending to fly!

http://www.allegiantair.com - I have no affiliation with the airline, they just fly from here!

Old 06-26-2006, 11:58 PM
Owner of the net for a day

They fly from my location in texas direct to vegas as well, but it came out to be quite a bit more when I found a real steal for hotel rooms on hotels.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by nod32usa
We're travelling from Colorado on Sunday, staying in the Mirage 4 nights and leaving for home on Thursday. I opted to stay in the Mirage because last year we tried to save a few measly dollars and wished afterwards that we hadn't.

I guess we lucked out, but here is detail of our "deal" - we got round-trip airfares from our local airport (not having to drive to Denver and park there with worth $50 at least) - and we got Mirage room for two and round trip to Fort Collins/Loveland with Allegiant for $795.

The round trip airfare alone would have been $456 - so that makes our room a measly $339 for 4 nights - or $84.75 per night.

At those rates, if COULD be worthwhile booking with the same airline as ours, and never intending to fly!

http://www.allegiantair.com - I have no affiliation with the airline, they just fly from here!

Old 06-27-2006, 12:42 AM
WHT Addict

We went with America West Direct and a nice pad at the Wynn. Prices were reasonable.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – June 21, 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-06-24 17:14:42
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup -- January 18, 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-01-18 16:54:55
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - June 15, 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-06-15 17:21:42
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - June 8, 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-06-08 16:44:00
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - June 1, 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-06-01 16:55:20