e-commerce turnkeys

I’ve heard that the ValueWeb turnkey plan is good – http://www.valueweb.com/ecommerce_leader.htm - does anyone have any experience with them? Can anyone inform me of pros and cons of using a turnkey, vs. simply using Yahoo! Stores?

Although i have never used this service. I will say that yahoo stores are as real as it gets. I like them alot and they are certainley a very sleek unique looking store, that i think personally is the best. It also seems the price agrees.

I've never used ValueWeb but a few of my clients have come to me from Yahoo Stores. From what I understand, Yahoo stores are great for beginners as they basically walk you through anything you need to do - but when you start getting into advanced changes and modifications, you'll want to go with a more professional solution like an open-source shopping cart (i.e OSCommerce).

Quote Originally Posted by thegamerscup
    Although i have never used this service. I will say that yahoo stores are as real as it gets. I like them alot and they are certainley a very sleek unique looking store, that i think personally is the best. It also seems the price agrees.
    Unless they changed something recently, I remember all yahoo stores look the same.

Anyway, does Yahoo offer everything (merchant account, gateway, etc.) like Paypal Pro does for a monthly fee and % charge per transaction? Or do you have to have your own merchant account and gateway?

Also, I used to think that if you searched on shopping.yahoo.com for an item, owners of Yahoo stores that carry that item showed up. I did a search now for a digital camera and they have a compare prices feature, but the shops listed are big-time, non-Yahoo stores. What am I missing?

Thanks,
    Learner

re

Yahoo offers a bundled solution mixed with paypal.
    payQuake - affordable merchant accounts
    questions? call us toll-free 866.866.5520