Question Looking for a cart that allows me to design the way I want...

I'm looking for a shopping cart that allows me to design the way I want...No templates (like Agora, OSCommerce, etc.).

I want to control the layout/feel, add a few lines of coding to the HTML where I want the option to buy to appear and that's it.

Right now, I use VirtualCart (a spinoff from Americart), but I'd like to offer something I can run on my VPS (and make a some more money vs. the $24.00/yearly I make per user through my Virtual Cart affiliation). VirtualCart does the job, but they haven't added any new features in years...

I'd prefer something I can buy once and be done (vs. VirtualCart's $249/yearly fee).

The solution needs to have the ability to hold the credit card numbers on a secure section of the Web site, most of my clients have physical credit card terminals and hand-key in Web/phone orders.

Thanks in advance!

Hello Leo, although not cheap, you may want to look at shopsite.

If you use their inbuilt templates, it will generate static html pages you can edit - alternatively, it will generate code you can attach to your buy now buttons on any site and integrate into the shopping cart.

Hope this helps...
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

And have a look at www.jshop.co.uk - you have full control over the layout and the source code is totally separate from the templates.

I think that you can change any cart you want but it all depends on your programming skills. I use CandyPress which is good for me since I know ASP.

-------------------------------------------------
    SUPERHOSTUSA.NET
    ALL YOU NEED FOR HOSTING AND MORE!