Question: How does one approach with a web hosting offer?

Hi,

Has anyone approached someone on a requests forum with a hosting offer or has posted a request themselves?

For web hosting requesters: how do you like offers to be made? Should hosts just list the exact features of their package and nothing else? Or should they tell you about characteristics that differentiate themselves from competitors (reliable uptime, customer support, etc.)? Or should they put both?

For web hosting companies:
    if you don't mind sharing, how do you normally make such approaches?

Thank you.
    Ilya, eBoundHost
    ilya (at) eBoundHost (dot) com
    847-436-4678

What exactly do you mean? If you are wondering how companies MAKE offers, I suggest (highly) that you checkout the "reseller/shared hosting offers" forum on this site to see how posts are worded, etc, etc......

That is a good way to get an idea of how to present an offer to potential clients (in this case, people browsing that part of the site)......

Makes sense to me, and I have gotten a great ROI from the free advertising here. It's all about how you word an offer, and how it is formatted. Do some studying of different posts, see which ones get a lot of views, which get very few. Then go back and see why.
    Dimension 4 Hosting >> Learn More
    Friendly, Honest Webhosting
    From 1 Gig to 100 Gigs+
    Shared and Reseller plans available

eBoundHost

Thank you, I will do that kind of research. I was just wondering whether anyone had an opinion of whether it was best to simply place the features of the package or also add points about the company like your uptime or friendliness, whatever it may be. Thank you again!
    Ilya, eBoundHost
    847-436-4678

Well, it depends on what you are selling and to whom you are selling.

If the person has requested "cpanel web hosting", then you should of course specify your ability to deliver this requirement.

It always surprises me how often the "responses" to requests do not even meet the requirements of the request.
    We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

mrzippy -- I've noticed that too. Let's say one can meet someone's requirements, then what does one do? Just post those specs and a price or add more like uptime, support, etc.?
    Ilya, eBoundHost
    847-436-4678

It's up to you, and what kind of "sales pitch" is appropriate for this potential customer.

It can be a real waste of your time to give a personal sales email to every request... but then you also might get more customers. It depends on how much time you have available, and how much you "feel" the person who is looking for web hosting will read the information you provide.. or understand what it means.

When replying to generic "requests for information/quote", I typically give them basic information about our company that I feel they might want to know about. Like when we incorporated, how many clients we have, the fact we offer 100% uptime, etc... but then I don't always include this information.
    We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!