hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Any hosts that offer domain migration?

Forum Jump

Any hosts that offer domain migration?

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Any hosts that offer domain migration?

Should I decide to move my 120+ domains (only about 2 gigs of data) hosted on a plesk platform to another provider, are the any webhosts that include such a service (i.e. they would copy all the stuff + email and ftp settings etc.)?

Sponsored Links
Old
Aspiring Evangelist

There are hosts that will cetainly do it. You should prepare a list of hosts that you like, then contact each one individually and ask if they would do this.
I recommend that you pick one that is very technical. Companies that own their own servers/co-locate them tend to have more technical knowledge, IMO.

Ask a lot of questions before selecting the company. If you get a gut feeling that a company is too slow or not technicall apt at doing this, then you are probably right.

Old
& Goliath

While that's a large number of domains: I'm certain the majority of hosts given sufficient time would have no issue migrating them on your behalf.

Quite a few hosts even offer transferring accounts off of your old server free of charge with signup: Others may charge a minor fee.

Good luck with the hunt nonetheless!
Are you looking for another plesk host? What amount of bandwidth/storage are you going to need (I assume 2gigs or higher for the storage )?

Sponsored Links
Old

Well see my previous email about email hosting as to why I would want to leave my previous host, but anyway yes I would like another Plesk host as I like that control panel and feel comfortable with it. Would I just need to give the new host my username and password and then they could move ho whole thing?

Regarding b/w and storage then about 500 gb b/w a month and 2 gigs is more than sufficient.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Google to Launch Domain Registration Service; Should Web Hosts Be Scared? Web Hosting News 2014-06-23 18:02:59
RiverMeadow Software Raises $12M in Funding to Support Cloud Migration SaaS Web Hosting News 2013-09-04 09:58:26
Siter Launches cPanel Plugin for Domain Dialing Web Hosting News 2013-08-20 16:15:40
Rackspace Offers Customers Free Cloud Migration Service Web Hosting News 2013-08-13 16:08:49
Page.ly Grows Managed WordPress Hosting Platform with BlogDroid Acquisition Web Hosting News 2013-06-27 15:43:37