Question Webalizer Configuration

I am using Webalizer and I need to change the defaults on the stats information, particularly in the info about the Top x information. My boss wants to be able to see the Top 30 search strings instead of the default Top 20. I know that she will want to modify the other graphs/tables in the same manner. ALso, she asked it it can be determined as to what type of connection the user is using when accessing our sites. Any info on that?
    We're all humanary stew, if we don't pledge allegiance to the Black Widow

Okay, I got the webalizer.conf figured out and in place. However, can I determine what type of connection a user has when accessing a site?

I don't think Webalizer can show you that kind of information. Have you looked through all the documentation on the Webalizer site?
    Blacknight
    ICANN accredited domain registrar

I did and you are right, WEbalizer does not show that type of information. To be honest, I think that this type of info is not available as how does one know how one connects to the net. It maybe available, but it brings up a lot of questions as to the ethics of doing this.

In terms of marketing, I am not sure how this type of information will help, but I was asked to get it. I will keep on searching until I find the answer.

Thanks!

There are a lot of stats programs available, so you might be lucky... Though, to be honest, it would be very hard to see what kind of connection the person has. The HTTP protocol doesn't remember anything, so....
    One slim possibilty would be to perform some kind of reverse DNS lookup on the connection IPs. Universities etc., use a LAN etc., But whether you'd be able to get the kind of information you need or not is another question...
    Anybody else got any bright ideas?
    Blacknight
    ICANN accredited domain registrar

6. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Related Posts from theWHIR.com