hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Security and Technology : PHP problems on Solaris 10

Forum Jump

PHP problems on Solaris 10

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Security and Technology Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

PHP problems on Solaris 10

Hello everyone. I'm hoping someone can help me with my PHP problem I compiled PHP 5.1.2 on Solaris 10 (sparc) with this command:

./configure --prefix=/opt/php --with-mysql=/usr/sfw --with-apxs2=/usr/apache2/bin/apxs --with-snmp=/usr/sfw --with-libxml-dir=/usr/include/libxml2 --with-zlib=/usr/local

The first time I tried compiling I got a bunch of erros and had to run

cd /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.3.2/install-tools
./mkheaders

After running this, I did the PHP ./configure command again (as shown above) and it compiled with no errors. Now when I run PHP I am getting another error that I can't figure out how to fix:

# /opt/php/bin/php
/opt/php/bin/php: error: `/opt/php/bin/.libs/php' does not exist This script is just a wrapper for php.
See the libtool documentation for more information.

I couldn't find anthing in the libtool documentation that seemed to help. Anyone have ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2006, 11:03 PM
Retired Moderator

After you configured php did you run make and make install? (I assume these commands are the same on Solaris)

Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Old 05-01-2006, 11:12 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Yes, I did the make and make install and it worked great and it didn't look like there were any errors. I made a copy of most of what was on my SSH screen after the make install, so I'll double check that to make sure. I know the make install configured Apache for me and moved over the files it needed to.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

I was looking things over and I did find a warning:
Quote:
libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /export/home/brandon/download/extras/php/php-5.1.2/libs'
The /export/home/brandon/blah/blah was where I compiled PHP from. Even after doing that, I still get
Quote:
# /opt/php/bin/php
/opt/php/bin/php: error: `/opt/php/bin/.libs/php' does not exist This script is just a wrapper for php.
See the libtool documentation for more information.
I did ls -a /opt/php/bin and there is no .libs directory. In that /export/home/whatever directory where I ran the libtool command for there are 2 files: libphp5.la libphp5.so

Are these files supposed to go somewhere?

Old 05-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

I just now noticed that /opt/php/bin/php isn't a binary executable program, but a shell script that was generated from libtool or something. According to the file (attached), I guess I need extra libtool libraries or something. How do I know which ones I need and get PHP working? What other steps do I need to take?
Attached Files
File Type: txt php.txt (3.2 KB, 96 views)

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Nominet Pilot Program Hopes to Help SMBs Combat Cyber Threats with Support, Advice Web Hosting News 2014-02-07 15:12:39
Windows Azure, Xbox Live Experience Problems as Xbox One Launches Web Hosting News 2013-11-22 13:05:40
NSA Data Center Plagued by Electrical Problems Web Hosting News 2013-10-08 14:12:56
Amazon Web Services Northern Virginia Outage Rocks Instagram, Vine Web Hosting News 2013-08-26 14:33:03
HostingCon Preview: Q&A with David Koston of Fortuity LLC Web Hosting News 2012-07-10 12:54:20