Question Looking for an expert for hire

Hello,

I am looking for someone to manage our company's servers once our sites becomes live. It should be an experienced technician who can help us configure our servers for best performance (software and hardware) and help us monitor the servers and take care of problems if and when they arise. We will have 3-4 eCommerce sites, each on its own dedicated server, and this should be real easy for an expert who deals with these kind of issues on a daily basis. Please PM me if you are interested.

Moved to employment offer/requests
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

What operating system and control panel would these dedicated servers be running?

Quote Originally Posted by DependableSupport
    What operating system and control panel would these dedicated servers be running?
    I'd like to know this too. If you are planning to use linux and cPanel, Id be more than happy to help
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Please before you hire anyone; Get referrances and contact these people. Someone can claim to know anything and 'say' they are doing something and you truly won't know if you don't know the knowledge. If I were you, I would simply find a DC that fully manages the server for you. They'll do all the work if things go wrong.

will do. What do people usually recommend around here for managed servers? You don't think it will be cheaper to buy an unmanged server and hire a company that will do the monitoring and admin for ~$30-$50 a month?

It may be cheaper to do so, but who's saying any number of those people have a clue what's going on? I would seriously look for a DataCenter that fully manages the server - thus having someone that DOES know what is going on.

that make sense.. :-)
    So, again, What do people usually recommend around here for managed servers?

I will recommend , get server from a company that offers atleast server monitoring service so that in any case server is down DC can fix it. Just for example, silver plan from theplanet (servermatrix.com) is best.

Along with this plan, you can get some management service from a good company range between $30-50 and its best and cheaper combination
    Cloud Hosting
    ~ Shared Cpanel Hosting, Cpanel Reseller, Business Cloud Hosting, SSD Cpanel Reseller Hosting ~

Quote Originally Posted by DavidIl
    You don't think it will be cheaper to buy an unmanged server and hire a company that will do the monitoring and admin for ~$30-$50 a month?
    Yes it would be cheaper.
    But you will get exactly what you have paid for - service worth ~$30-50.

I remember seeing somewhere on WHT "if you think hiring a professional is expensive, try hiring an amateur". Got nothing to add.
    Host80

Actually $50 per month per server for simple upkeep and updates is quite a fair price.

Once servers are operational they rarely have problems if configured properly and won't be a problem to handle. Of course this all depends on your choice of control panel (if any) and software to run on the server.

Defining everything in the initial agreement will be very important.

I will agree that $30 - $50 per month for all of your servers is budget at best and dangerous at worst. I would have to wonder just who I was providing my root passwords to if someone was charging that much for 4 servers.