I am looking into running LDAP for my network of sites. I am running Redhat Fedora. I am considering CentOS.
My requires are fairly basic.
1. Manage Users for mutiple hosted sites from a single database.
2. Provides upgrade path from Fedora to CentOS.
3. Work 100% independant of existing Server User Management Schema.
4. Does not interfere with CPanel.
5. Can be managed easily via SSH.
From what I have been able to gather, 1 and 2 can be accomplished with either Directory Service.
What are your thoughts on my requirements and these two software platforms?
What are you thoughts on OpenLDAP vs Fedora Directory Services? Pro's/Con's would be good.