Thread: 2checkout fees

2checkout fees

Hi all,

2checkout charged us these fees very high: R Held, R Released
    Do you know what are these fees ?

I have submited a ticket to 2checkout and waiting their answer, but I still would like to get some explains here

Thank a lot,
    Tommy
    Tommy Tran - tommy @ vinax.net ::: VINAX, LLC ::: http://vinax.net ::: Since 2004
    Premium Dedicated Servers and Colocation in downtown Chicago (350 E. Cermak Rd)
    Premium Bandwidth, 100% Network & Power Uptime SLA, 24/7 Prompt Tech Support

At first glance, my guess would be that it stands for "Reserve Held, Reserve Released."

Was it a 10% item? I do not use 2CO but my understanding is that they have a 10% rolling reserve so it would make sense if that is what that line item is. I'm sure some merchants using 2CO can chime in here and verify that 100% for you though.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

2co does, in fact, hold a certain percentage of your processing transactions for a period of 3 (or is it 6) months. This isn't a "fee" per se, it's them ensuring their own safety. At the end of a certain period of time (I believe it's 3 or 6 months, haven't used them in ages), they do release those funds.
    That would be what you're lookingg at there though, reserve funds.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

i may be wrong, but they may be used in an event of a chargeback and no funds in the account
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

The rolling reserve is their "insurance" for your account. Steven hit the nail on the head!

Hi all,
    Just got their responses today:

The reserve level is a percentage number that 2CO applies to your total sales not refunded in a payment period. This number is set and changeable only by 2CO. The reserve level starts at 5% and will change at our sole discretion. This reserve amount is an additional amount of money taken out per payment period to protect customers, us, and you against excessive chargebacks, refunds, and items returned in the event that you go out of business, become unreachable, or simply stop processing through 2CO. Reserve funds are held for 89 days, then released to you.

The Release Level is a number set by you that allows you to instruct us to hold funds on your account until they reach the indicated level. Once it has reached this level, payment will be sent by the method specified on your account ON THE NEXT PAYMENT CYCLE. The release level is applicable to all three payment methods.
    I understood *R Held, R Released* right now.
    Holding these money for 3 months is...too long

Thanks all fast replied.
    Tommy
    Tommy Tran - tommy @ vinax.net ::: VINAX, LLC ::: http://vinax.net ::: Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by ServerVina
    I understood *R Held, R Released* right now.
    Holding these money for 3 months is...too long

Thanks all fast replied.
    Tommy
    Of course if 3 months is too long for you the there are plenty of other processors to choose from

The reserved fund is to use for any chargaback ... but will release to you 6 months later
    Give them a chance = http://www.worldvision.org =

Need a Server at Singapore | Hong Kong | Malaysia | Texas?
    Not to worry WE can HELP you ::: DirectAdmin on Linux Server :::

Quote Originally Posted by GigabitONE
    The reserved fund is to use for any chargaback ... but will release to you 6 months later
    They only held it for 89 days.
    If they hold it 6 months, I should be die

Quote Originally Posted by bluedreamer
    Of course if 3 months is too long for you the there are plenty of other processors to choose from
    Yeh, I'm looking for other processors.
    2checkout hold 5.0% for 3 months, and their fee is too high 5.5%
    Could you please give me some good processor ?

Thanks,
    Tommy

Usually, the industry standard is 10% Rolling Reserve for 180 days.
    Remember that if anything happens to one of their merchants THEY are responsible, not you. This includes fees from Visa/MC, chargebacks, merchants going out of business etc.

Furthermore, using a third party processing company actually means you are requesting them to loan you money, i.e. if you have a sales volume of 10,000/month, you would loan 60,000 USD as they have a 180 day chargeback risk on all your orders.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerVina
    Yeh, I'm looking for other processors.
    2checkout hold 5.0% for 3 months, and their fee is too high 5.5%
    Could you please give me some good processor ?

Thanks,
    Tommy
    If you are in the United States (Los Angeles) and doing more than $1,000 a month, consider a merchant account with an electronic payment gateway. The more volume you have, the cheaper it will be in the long run. Plus you will usually get your money in a couple of days, compared to one - two weeks with 2CO