Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pet Rescue = SCAM, (I'm Pissed)

I have to get this off my chest because I haven't been this pissed off in a while. Please read. Maybe I'm just over reacting.

My wife and I decided a couple of weeks ago that we wanted to enter the realm of dog ownership. We live in a large town home with two other cats, but have no yard. It's obvious to both my Wife and I that we're going to need to a smaller breed dog for two reasons:

1. So our cats don't get eaten
    2. It's not fair to own a large animal if we can provide a place to run around freely during the day.

So I start researching. I come to the conclusion that small dogs aren't cheap. I'm really not concerned if the dog is a pedigree, or registered with the AKC. I now realize that I'm going to be shelling out some decent cash if I want a small dog. I have no problems with the money but I wanted to make sure I checked with the local shelters, pet stores, and pet rescues in my area. I started looking at the shelter animals, which linked me back to a site called "petfinder.com". All the pets at the county shelter are also listed on this site. I could also search all the regional shelters which I found to be a great tool when looking for a dog. While looking, I noticed many of these dogs are being handled by non-profit organizations which just so happened to be in my area. Im excited now.

So I make my way over to "http://www.newleash.org/" which is local to my area. My Wife and I both see a puppy we would be more then willing to adopt. In order to be considered for adoption you must fill out a pretty long form. No problem I think. The form asks me about other pets I've owned. I let them know that I owned a cat that died of natural causes for 13-14 years, 2 cats which I currently own, and a ball python named "nakers". On the form I also have to agree to allow someone from their agency to inspect my home, which I prefer them not to but hey whatever beggers can't be choosers. You can see the form here, they ask for a lot of information but nothing I would consider out of the ordinary though.

http://www.newleash.org/dogapp.asp

Now I realize just because I am filling out this form, that doesn't mean I'm getting the dog I want. I'm told via form mail that I will be contacted shortly. So I wait a couple of days. My wife and I are growing impatient, we want our cute cuddly creature to play with. She decides to call the rescue. We're told we'll get a call back later that evening. We wait, no call back. Whatever they're busy, we understand the world doesnt revolve around our need for a puppy. We wait several more days and decide to call back. The very rude women explains she already contacted us, and that were not eligible for adoption and that they already put this in writing via email.

She was right, she did contact us about 30 minutes prior to our call via email. This is what the email states:

"After careful consideration, we've decided that we're not comfortable with adopting Song Bird to a home with a snake. We hope you understand."

Now I wouldn't have been upset at all if another family had taken this puppy, but I was simply being told that because I own a pet of a different species that I can't adopt one of their pets. Now the snake I own is a ball python. They are one of the most commonly owned snakes in the world, not to mention one of the most timid snakes in the world. The name "ball" comes from the snaking coiling up into ball when it feels threatened. Secondly my snake is in a locked terrarium because I don't want him getting out or attacked by my cats. Now a couple of years ago I might have agreed with these people because I didn't like snakes at all. I thought they were animals with zero personality and not very fun. When I agreed to watch this guy for my friend, I had deep reservations. Over time I became more comfortable handling the snake, he's a beautiful creature and does have a personality. In fact, my youngest cat and him play on daily basis. It appears the snake is just as curious as the cat is.

I didn't understand how they could come to this conslusion when they've never even seen the snake or did a home inspection? I felt like I had been discrimnated upon simply because I owned a snake. I also thought that the purpose of an animal rescue was to put pets in to good homes?

Mad as hell I start researching these "Pet rescue" which I now realize are 100% tax scams. On my visit to the pound, all of the puppies had been spoken for. There were no available puppies at the pound, and the guy working at the pound told me puppies go very quickly. They had 2 puppies and both had two holds on them from 2 different dog rescues.

These people go around to all the shelters snagging up all of the puppies or what they call rescuing puppies. A dog thats spay/neuter plus shots costs 37.50 from any Los Angeles Animal Shelter. These people require a 200+ dollar donation for just the dog and a 300+ dollar donation for obedience school. In essence they are taking a 37 dollar dog and selling it again for no less then 500 dollars. I always thought donations were something you did out of the kindness of your heart not a requirement. I don't even think legally these people can require a donation for these dogs, however they say clearly say on their site you "must" make a donation.

"We ask for a $200 tax deductible adoption donation. For dogs that have completed training, an additional $300 training donation is required.

If you look on the website http://www.newleash.org/, you'll see their center looks like nothing more then a well off persons home. They were also nice enough to mention how they converted their swimming pool to salt water because its more healthy for dogs. I think it's a bunch of crap. I think these people know exactly what they're doing and making a lot of money at the same time.

I'm still searching, but I'm no longer dealing with these people who think others aren't smart enough to take care of a dog.

I haven't got my puppy yet, I'm looking at the Shiba Inu breed and the Olde English BullDogge breed. At least with a pet store I wont be discriminated upon because I own a snake.

If anyone can lend a hand, or has any extra info please feel free to pass it on. Thanks.

I think it's perfectly reasonable for the site to refuse to give you a puppy when you have no outside exercise area and you already have two cats and a python ... which you agree "plays" with your cat!
    I guess that I don't have to tell you what pythons do and maybe that could cause some to think it an unsuitable "companion" for a small puppy, even if that is incorrect.
    As for the cost of animals from rescue centres, most charge a reasonably high figure nowadays so as to avoid unsuitable persons taking them.
    You may feel that your puppy would be fine at your home and you are probably right but it is after all someone elses decision in matters of rescue animals.

Quote Originally Posted by grandad
    I think it's perfectly reasonable for the site to refuse to give you a puppy when you have no outside exercise area and you already have two cats and a python ... which you agree "plays" with your cat!
    I guess that I don't have to tell you what pythons do and maybe that could cause some to think it an unsuitable "companion" for a small puppy, even if that is incorrect.
    As for the cost of animals from rescue centres, most charge a reasonably high figure nowadays so as to avoid unsuitable persons taking them.
    You may feel that your puppy would be fine at your home and you are probably right but it is after all someone elses decision in matters of rescue animals.
    Who said I don't have an outside exersize area? I said I don't have a backyard? The meadow between town homes is actually very large, in fact larger then any backyard I've ever seen in any average home. The dog is a very small size, and thats besides the point because I wasn't declined for that reason.

Just to make it clear, when I say my cat and snake play, I mean they observe each other through the glass of the terrarium which is always locked for the snakes safety.

Python do squeeze their prey to death. This is assuming I'm an irresponsible pet owner who lets my snake run around the house and doesn't keep their pet well fed. The snake has never once made it outside of it's environment without me or another human being taking it out. Secondly if you seen how small this snake was, you'd be laughing.

The cost isn't a huge deal. I knew right away that getting a small breed/lap dog was going to cost some money. The dog I'm currently interested in purchasing is 1400 dollars. I read the FAQ on these sites and they all require minimium 500 dollars. I've seen purebreds with a year health warranty on them cost less... So something is wrong.

My whole point which I guess you missed, was that these people are going around and taking ALL the puppies from the pound and local ads, preventing people like me who would provide an excellent home ownership, and then telling me I'm not fit because I own a tiny snake thats locked in it's cage. Then they sale these dogs for hundreds of dollars to provide for their mansion on top of the hill.

Placerita Canyon, where this so called rescue is located is home to thousands of rattle snakes. Unlike their dogs who are kept in 3x5 cages all day and night, my dog would be indoors most of the day. So the likelyhood of a snake attack is greater on their end then mine.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=622
    http://parks.co.la.ca.us/placerita_narea.html

If you look online, the nature center rangers for Placerita Canyon advise that all residents and hikers be aware of rattlesnakes.

I just don't think these people are a non-profit organization. Buying a dog for 37.50 then selling it for 500.00 equals for profit in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by case
    We live in a large town home with two other cats, but have no yard.
    Maybe like me the rescue centre just read your words and not your mind?

Most reputable rescue centres have policies on who they will allow to "adopt" pets and various criteria are set down in order to arrive at a decision - you appear not to fit the criteria but that doesn't mean that you don't get to have a pet - you can always buy one from a normal commercial outlet.

you can always buy one from a normal commercial outlet.
    Or adopt a grown dog, either through a different shelter or rescue organization, or maybe you'll find one through your local newspaper. There are always people who can't keep their pets any longer for various reasons. It's harder to find homes for grown animals because most people want puppies or kittens. Older animals have the advantage of already being trained and socialized, and you know what their personalities are like.

Lois
    "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt

I would suggest to look for a local "breed" rescue for the specific breed you're looking for. Those are more reputable than most. Though if you plan on adopting, a puppy is hard to come by anyway and it's usually the older dogs that are already a year old and older that are the ones to be abandoned/surrendered.

I'm just curious but...
    donation is required.
    Isn't that a contradiction of terms? Donation implies a giving of money without anything in reciprocation. Requiring means mandatory. What is this? "You must give us money only if you want to."

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico
    I'm just curious but...
    Donation is required
    Isn't that a contradiction of terms? Donation implies a giving of money without anything in reciprocation. Requiring means mandatory. What is this? "You must give us money only if you want to."
    Went to a famous museum in NYC and there was a sign that read "suggested donation $5". I tried to walk past (being broke at the time), and was stopped and asked to leave unless I donated. The "suggestion" is because a non-profit apparently can't demand fees, but they can refuse entry.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Went to a famous museum in NYC and there was a sign that read "suggested donation $5". I tried to walk past (being broke at the time), and was stopped and asked to leave unless I donated. The "suggestion" is because a non-profit apparently can't demand fees, but they can refuse entry.
    They can refuse entry, however, can they refuse to give you a pet because of it? *wonders if it's been tested in a court*

Hmmm... your post makes it sound like all rescues are scams or something.

I do think it's poor that they chose to refuse you because you own a snake and before visiting your house though. I know when I went of petfinder to look for a dog I got poor responses so ended up going to a shelter and getting a nice little puppy. The county shelter didn't have any pups to adopt right away as they were all on hold for interviewing families, but the smaller no-kill spca had some. You should check around for smaller shelters.

Rescues can cost a lot of money to run. Vet bills, food, and so on. I don't think that asking $200 for a dog is a lot, especially if it's had vet care, training and all of that stuff. Getting a dog from a shelter for $40 and taking care with a risk of having for pay a lot in vet bills and food of wouldn't exactly be some huge profit.

Case I suggest finding another resuce group. As a foster and volunteer I can explain there are more expenses than just spay/neuter at least from the good groups.

Each animal is first taken to a vet for an initial exam for health and any vacinations that the vet feels needed at this time. Remember the foster animals leave in the foster homes. We have our own pets so health is a big concern. Even though fosters are kept seperate from our own pets during a quaratine period illness can still be brought in.

After the animals are brought home they are cleaned and treated with flea, tick, and heartworm preventative. While the animals are quarantine we watch the animals for signs of illness and access the social skills. The groups I work with will not display an animal until it is healthly, socialized, and ready for adoption.

Then if the animal is old enough he/she is spayed/neutered if needed. In Texas rescue groups are required to alter the animal before leaving. During this period any other medical and behavior concerns are dealt with. Also the animal requires a rabies vacination before adoption is possible. In addition we have to be able to feed the animals. Many years ago pet stores and food companies donated the moajority of our food. Not so anymore, so rescue goups have to buy food.

The adoption fee goes to cover all this expense. Any left over funs are used to treat the really broken animals like a cut whose tail was cut off for one, or a lab that was shot multiple times at close range with a pellet gun, or a cat thrown out of a moving car and breaking her hips and legs.

In the end most fosters end of spending our own money because we cannot wait for donations and will not jeopardize the animals health.

As for the shelter having so many animals tagged that is hard for people looking but is good news in a way. It means those dogs and cats will not be put to death. Rescue groups get the bulk of the fosters from city shelters because this is where the larget numbers of animals are out to death each year (an estimated 8-10 million a year).

Whew! sorry I get heated about this subject. As for the group that rejected you I believe that was not handled properly. All applications should be reviewed and handled in person. That way if a concern of the environment or other pets could have been discussed. I work with a lady that will foster any thing legal to keep in a home (dogs, cat, birds, ferrets, bunnies, horses, pigs, and yes snakes!) So If they were concerned they should have contacted you.

Rescue groups are just like people some are good, some laxy, and some are those crazy wacky cat ladies that give us a bad name. What makes me made about this is that now you have a bad taste for rescue groups.

By the way Shiba Inus are great dogs.

case... dude, know a friend, who knows a friend that has a friend with a dog to give you. You seem to making this harder than it should be.

I was in your situation a couple years back and contacted people that I knew. It took about 2 months, but someone was able to get me in contact with someone with some puppies. This was a mix between boxer and somethine else. Did not matter, I wanted a fairly small dog with short hair. He was it.

Paid nothing for him.

Put the word out you are looking for a dog... something will come through. Getting wrapped up in "tax scams" and non-profits seems to be a waste of time and does nothing to help your blood pressure.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Me and my girlfriend recently got a dog together from a rescue. As luck would have it we went to the Zoo on the day all the different local rescue groups were present and she fell in love with a black lab (not 100% black lab, but definatley the majority). She took the money she had in her pocket to go get a tatoo that night and instead decided to give Abott a nice home (came in with another female dog named Castelo). In any event the rescue society we went through were by and far some of the best people I've ever met or spoken to. Every one of them seemed to be extremely in love with their jobs.

Abott cost us a tiny $175 to take home that very day and he has been worth so much more than that. I agree 100% that the people should have spoken to you about the snake (I have seen many ball pythons and they are most certainly nothing to worry about so long as the owner is at least a little bit compotent).

When they asked us if we had any other pets it made us laugh a bit as at her house her mother has two other dogs and one bird, at my house there is 3 other dogs (7 if you count our current puppies here), 2 fish (mine), and 4 lizards (mine). The lady laughed a bit, asked us questions about the different pets, the yards, etc.. and when they found out that my backyard is extremely huge with an electric fence they were quite happy about everything.

When it was time to sign the papers their was a problem as neither of us was 21 at the time, since the dog would be at her house for the majority of the time they were nice enough to contact her mother so the transfer could go through that day. Rescuing a dog is by and far one of the most morally rewarding experiences you can go through and I would never purcahse a dog from a commercial outlet again after having done so.

*edit* Just to add our dog was full grown from a place that did nothing but large dogs.
    Last edited by dollar; 04-09-2006 at 07:15 PM.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Fact

By the way Shiba Inus are great dogs.
    A neighbor just got one a few months ago. Very cute puppy and beautiful grown up

Maybe like me the rescue centre just read your words and not your mind?

Most reputable rescue centres have policies on who they will allow to "adopt" pets and various criteria are set down in order to arrive at a decision - you appear not to fit the criteria but that doesn't mean that you don't get to have a pet - you can always buy one from a normal commercial outlet.
    Again, it has nothing to do with the reason why I was declined. Small dogs do just fine indoors with proper daily exercise. I've made it clear that I requested a "small breed" for that exact reason as not to be unfair to a larger breed dog. So what does the yard have to do with my gripe? They put it in writing why they declined me, for the snake.

Understand, I'm not upset at all about not getting the dog. I knew going in that I probably wasn't the only person on the planet that wanted this cute girl.

I'm upset that these people take dogs that would otherwise be adopted out to people such as myself, then determine who can have them and who can't. I'm upset that a dog that would normally be 37.50 from the pound including shots and spay/neuter is then in essence sold 4 weeks later for no less then 500.00+ dollars. I'm upset that they've discriminate against snake owners. I'm upset that after they declined me on this dog they didn't even bother to ask if I would be interested in the future or if any of there other dogs might be a good match.

I should make it very clear (which i did not, and I apologize)that not all of these outlets do this because I did contact one organization who asked me to come in, told me I would have to fill out some paperwork and could choose from several of the puppies they currently had available which were all spay/neuter and had shots. She ASKED me for a donation of 100 dollars on any dog they were fostering that I would plan on taking home that day. This would have been great had the breeds of dog been of smaller size.

I've thought long and hard about getting a grown dog. I'm just not sure how large an impact it would have on my currents pets lives. I want to make this as smooth as possible for my other pets whom which I consider family. I figured a puppy would be a less of a threat and easier for all the pets to transition into what I hope is friendship amongst themselves.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the suggestions and clarfiications.

The plan from this point, I'm going back to my local petstore tomorrow to look at the Shibu Inu pup more closely(actually ask to see him, not just look). I have to at the very least see and touch the dog I'm gonna have. He's 1400 dollars, but I can have him on my terms.

It is upsetting that I had such a sour experience with something that I thought was supposed to be so good for all parties involved. Don't worry Odd Fact I really like animals a lot and this place has actually inspired me to maybe lend a hand to an honest organization...as long as snakes and town homes are ok.

The only thing about pet shops are that some get their animals from puppy mills

I have two Sharpei's. One is 5 yrs old and the other just turned 6 months old. They barely make it in the large breed category but are smaller than the average large breed. I live in an apartment and they get plenty of exercise. I take them to the dog run area where they run off leash and play with their friends. The pup tests my older dog very often. They are both male. Sometimes my older dog will give in and play, other times he will growl to let him know he doesn't want to be bothered. A high energy pup is a lot of work to take care of especially if you already have pet members. At least if you had an older dog, you would already know their temperament Just my thoughts. I would've adopted a Sharpei from a local rescue but I would've been denied since I live in an apartment. Yet the area I live in is heavily populated with dog lovers. We have about 4 or 5 dog parks in walking distance.

The pound where right for refusing you. A dog with cats and a snake just doesnt work. As for the quote about a $200 tax donation, it says donation and the $300 for training school "required" is personally reasonable, they are hardly going to pay for dog training for you. I dont mean to spoil the party but you need to think rationally.

I usually only deal with registered Humane Society's when looking for a pet. I know the local one here is run by volunteers, and they work with local vets to vaccinate and treat the animals. When I bought my cat last year, it cost me $90. I thought it was a little expensive (I grew up on a farm where we had farm cats, and would give the kittens away for free each year), but when I found out the place was run by volunteers, and the costs were to go for food and medical bills for the animals, I didn't feel bad about paying it.

But you do need to be wary, there are some organizations out there who are in it only for the money. Not all are bad, but at the same time, not all are good.

To be honest, I wouldn't give out a puppy to a home with a snake either. Sure it could be a harmless snake, but it's their dog, and their choices should be respected.

I rescued my dog, was a 6 wk. puppy, from local animal control. If I ever adopt a dog again, I'll defintely get a grown one, mainly because everyone else takes puppies, so they're guaranteed a home, and older dogs are usually euthenized if no one adopts them within certain period of time.

The organization you contacted probably isn't only a "tax scam" because those people sell dogs to just about any dogs as long as they get the money. Their fees $200 or so, is basically what the dogs first vet visit costs. When we brought out puppy to the vet the first time, we had to pay $160 for all shots and deworming and such. Plus we paid $60 adoption fee which is more than $200. So if the dog/puppy has all the shots, dewormed, spayed/neutered, then $200 is an ok price. Yes, they do get money from the government, but they should because they have to pay for dog supplies, and those cages, leashes, food, etc.. ain't cheap for bunch of dogs.

So really, I don't think they are bad people at all. But as long as you're looking to adopt and not buy then it's all good because buying a new pet from some stores is more like supporting dog mills that basically reproduce just for money and nothing else.

Also this website seems to be like a humane society, and most humane societies charge ALOT more for adoption fee than animal control does. That's again because they give them all shots, they're already spayed or neutered, etc...

In general, a dog + 2 cats + snake =/= good. It can work out, but it's also quite possible that it might not. Anyways, if you want to adopt, just go to local animal control shelter, adopt a grown dog, small breed, and it'll be alot easier.
    IntelliSerp - The most accurate and intelligent keyword rank tracking software.

Quote Originally Posted by Flammable
    The pound where right for refusing you. A dog with cats and a snake just doesnt work. As for the quote about a $200 tax donation, it says donation and the $300 for training school "required" is personally reasonable, they are hardly going to pay for dog training for you. I dont mean to spoil the party but you need to think rationally.
    The pound did not refuse me anything? In fact the people at the pound we're very helpful and said if I wanted a puppy to check back early monday morning before the rescuers got there. I plan to be at the pound rise and shine tomorrow before I make my trips to the pet stores just in case.

How does a dog, cat, and a small snake in an enclosed environment not work? What doesn't work about it? What exactly are you implying and do you have any factual information to back up your claim? I await your reply.

By law a non-profit organzation cannot require any type of donation for anything.

I never disputed the fact that dog training was expensive. I was however able to find numerous dog obedience classes and schools which span over greater periods of time for much less money. In fact PetSmart offers 8 weeks of training for 99 dollars and 5 months of training and dog socialization for 250 dollars with certified professionals.

The trainer at PetSmart explained that it's best to start training after 10 weeks in a socialized setting. The dog requires it's second set of shots by law which can not be administrered until after ten weeks, and it's not safe to socialize a dog who has not recieved it's second set of shots. Since this women thought I already owned a dog 9 weeks of age like the one I was trying to get, I asked her about starting younger. She explained again that anything before 8 weeks is rather pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by WHTer
    To be honest, I wouldn't give out a puppy to a home with a snake either. Sure it could be a harmless snake, but it's their dog, and their choices should be respected.
    See, this is the problem. Not only is it smalled minded to assume, its just down right ignorant and offensive. You've made your mind up and don't have all the fact. It's an uninformed decision. I can only hope you don't make decisions like this in your everyday life or based on partial information. I notice no one has given a valid reason why they wouldn't allow snake and dog to coexist in the same household.

It's not their dog, it's up for adoption. They are foster parents, not owners. If they didn't have a system of getting all the best puppies in the area from the local pounds this dog would already have a home, possibly my home. If it was their dog they wouldnt be trying to sell it.

The organization you contacted probably isn't only a "tax scam" because those people sell dogs to just about any dogs as long as they get the money. Their fees $200 or so, is basically what the dogs first vet visit costs. When we brought out puppy to the vet the first time, we had to pay $160 for all shots and deworming and such. Plus we paid $60 adoption fee which is more than $200. So if the dog/puppy has all the shots, dewormed, spayed/neutered, then $200 is an ok price. Yes, they do get money from the government, but they should because they have to pay for dog supplies, and those cages, leashes, food, etc.. ain't cheap for bunch of dogs.
    Ill try to make this as clear as possible for a 3rd time. When you take a dog home from the pound in Los Angeles County the dogs must have/be:

1. First set of shots.
    2. Spay/Neuter.
    3. Healthy enough to be taken home.
    4. Registered with the local county shelters.

http://animalcontrol.co.la.ca.us : "Dog adoption fees include spaying and neutering costs, initial vaccinations, a 7 day exchange and a free health examination at participating veterinary offices. License fees for adult dogs are required in addition to the adoption fees"

It's actually quite a bargain when you get a puppy from the Los Angeles County Shelter because it comes with a lot of things that you wouldn't get for 37.50 anywhere else. All the things you had to pay for with your adopted dog, this puppy already recieved from the government at cost.

I don't know where you take your animals, but my animals see a great Vet and office visits are only 35 dollars. I paid 13 dollars each for both sets of shots. The last time the vet cost me 90+ dollars is when I had to buy medicine for my cats urinary track infection.

Secondly, I don't care about price of the dog. If I'm willing to spend 1400.00 in a pet shop, I'm willing to spend 500.00. What I dispute is how they arrived at this cost of 500.00 dollars. This isn't about money for those paying attention. It's about principle. I know why the people in pets shops sell dogs for large amounts of money... PROFIT, I'm baffled as to why this group thinks they can charge the same amount yet call it non-profit.

Also this website seems to be like a humane society, and most humane societies charge ALOT more for adoption fee than animal control does. That's again because they give them all shots, they're already spayed or neutered, etc...
    Again, as explained, the Animal Control Shelter provides all the services you speak of for 37.50 prior to the release of any dog as stated above. This animal rescue claims to only rescue animals from animal shelters and if fact in this dogs bio they mention getting this dog from the East Valley Animal Control Shelter.

In general, a dog + 2 cats + snake =/= good. It can work out, but it's also quite possible that it might not. Anyways, if you want to adopt, just go to local animal control shelter, adopt a grown dog, small breed, and it'll be alot easier.
    I've stated why I can't bring an adult dog into my home. You think a small, non biting, non venomous snake is bad for a puppy? I can only imagine bringing a dog who I have no idea likes cats into my home, and having it maul or bite one of my cats. For obvious reasons a puppy is better suited. If I could trust that an adult dog would be good with my cats, I'd take an adult dog.

Having a snake when trying to get a puppy is like driving an 18-wheeler to your cousin's wedding. They're going to look at you and say, "Just what the hell are you trying to do?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Richard H
    Having a snake when trying to get a puppy is like driving an 18-wheeler to your cousin's wedding. They're going to look at you and say, "Just what the hell are you trying to do?!"
    They should take the time to learn about snakes then.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

For those of you still stuck on the snake issue. Here are some pictuers of Ball Pythons.

http://www.nashvillepetproducts.com/...l%20Python.jpg
    http://gutt.sg.free.fr/Images/python%20ball.jpg
    http://www.venomousreptiles.org/data...ages/13445.jpg
    http://www.blackpineanimalpark.com/i...on03.04web.jpg

A ball python in a locked terrarium is no threat to any other pet in the house. Small children are more of a threat to pets than ball pythons.

But I guess the Matrix says it best "Ignorance is bliss"

removed
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard H
    My family would be like "love the new wheels bro..take me for a ride after joebob gets hitched?"

YEEEHAWW...

Okay not really.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast