hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Managed Hosting and Services : managed windows solution

Forum Jump

managed windows solution

Reply Post New Thread In Managed Hosting and Services Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

managed windows solution

I have made some bad decisions recently. I went from hosting my own three rack servers to moving to a dedicted solution. The dedicated solution is not working. I think I meed a managed windows solution.

I am currenltly using plesk (but can change to something different), I am running coldfusion mx7 (I have a license), I need php, mysql, and some sort of mail server (as long as it is managed by someone else and my spam is reduced I would be happy).

I have 65 domains, several send large newsletters monthly. I have about 15k max emails going in/out daily. I assume on a managed server that this would be reduced by about half (assuming they can get rid/filter of the spam hitting the sites). I use about 50-75 gigs per month of throughput.

I am willing to consider anything, but someone needs to drive the process if it requires moving from windows to linux.

I have been with my current host for 6 weeks. My previous host I stayed for 2 years and the one before that I was there for 3 years.

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

bill

Sponsored Links
Old
Managed Hosting Expert

There's no need to move from Windows to Linux in order to use PHP/MySQL, you can stay on a Windows platform no problem.

What is your budget?

Dan

█ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

Old

I have been anywhere from 125-235. Not sure if this is possible in the windows environment. I see this is easily done in the linux environment.

again, my main gola is to have a server that will not be compromised in 3 weeks and where the software piece is hadndled by someone else. Specifically the mail part that always seems to get out of control with spam.

thanks
bill

Sponsored Links
Old
Managed Hosting Expert

Out of interest what mail server are you running on your Windows machine?

You should be able to do what you want for that budget, but I would be looking at the higher end of your price range if you want good management. Unfortunately many Windows admins these days don't know what they're doing and this is where Windows gets its bad reputation.

Dan

█ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

Old

so, any recommendations for a good windows managed solution?

I my manchines in the past I ran Imail. ON the plesk 7.5.6 it is running an old version of mailenable. it sucks.

thanks

Old
Web Hosting Master

Give www.got-management.com a shot. They do Windows management. We have been using them for over a year for our servers and they do a fantastic job, Linux and Windows.

From Shared to Dedicated - 100TB/1Gbps/10Gbps plans, Cloud Servers, Colo & VPS available in US and EU - Optimized for Minecraft and Social/High Traffic Websites. DDOS Protection Now Available! Current Specials
Professional. Painless. Polite. All Managed.
- Like Us on Facebook.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Would you prefer a specific location for your server or is that not a main factor?

Old

Keep me in my price range and I will be happy.

and maybe the U.S. too.

Old
Junior Guru

I will recommend DEHE.com .. ask them for management by sending email to sales@dehe.com

They are very good with plesk and windows enviornment as they are managing if for me from last 8 months and i am very happy with them.

Regards.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Zynstra Launches Managed Hybrid IT Solution for SMBs with HP, Microsoft Web Hosting News 2014-02-10 14:49:52
JaguarPC Listing 2013-12-11 23:26:58
CloudOpt Launches Speed-as-a-Service for Windows Azure Cloud Web Hosting News 2013-10-21 10:40:59
GlobalSign Launches Auto Enrollment Gateway for Windows Environments Web Hosting News 2013-08-21 11:41:18
BackupAgent Adds Integration Feature with Windows Azure Web Hosting News 2013-03-14 16:48:49