European hosting company starting in USA - looking for partners/employees

Hello,

I own a medium size web hosting company in the Netherlands. I'm now starting a web hosting business aimed at the USA.

I'm looking for people that have most (or all) of these qualities:
    - able to write decent english texts / proofread texts
    - have some experience with hosting
    - be able to give friendly support
    - work from home
    - be available several hours per day
    - be able to operate part of the hosting business by himself (with help from our technicians)

I'm open to any suggestions regarding freelance, employed, or any combination.

Our website is www.webshepherds.com. The english part of the site is very limited right now because so far we've only focussed on the Netherlands. We are working on a brand new website, which will be much much better from a marketing/sales perspective.

- EDITTED. I wrote a statement here about Christians 'vs' non Christians that I regret. All people are created equal. All responses are very welcome. -

Please contact me by email or MSN messenger: robert@heessels.com

Thank you,

Robert Heessels
    Alphamega
    Last edited by Robje; 05-14-2002 at 05:11 PM.

Re: European hosting company starting in USA - looking for partners/employees

plz delete this post. thanks.

Re: European hosting company starting in USA - looking for partners/employees

Originally posted by Robje

Since I am a Christian and really believe in what I stand for, I would prefer Christians to respond to this message.
    just christians? isn't that segregating from others? IMHO

I suspected such a reaction

Of course reactions from others are welcome too. I'm not discrimination. Just looking for someone that best fits the way we work.

i just don't see why you needed to include that, you should judge an employee/partner on their ability, not religon.

i'm also trying not to make you feel bad or anything, its just my view on your post.

But my 'religion' is much more than something that has little to do with my job. It has great effect on the way I work, so I prefer someone that has this same effect in the way he likes to work. That way our cooperation would be much smoother. Just the same as I would prefer someone aged 25 over someone aged 60.

Since 'real' Christans are hard to find in the hosting business I wanted to mention it.

No hard feelings. You're just being hounost and I like that.

Sent you an e-mail.

I don't see any harm in this message, he is saying it very politely and he is being plain honoust.

There is more than a thin line between racism and.. ermm.. non-racism
    Nico V.
    KazaaSkins.Com - Now online!

Yes, while I completely understand his post, and am proud to say I am a Christian....

<< Since I am a Christian and really believe in what I stand for, I would prefer Christians to respond to this message. <<

Just because you are a Christian doesn't mean anything now days, and it certainly doesn't mean you are going to be a better employee or even a better person for that matter, just look at all those good Christian Catholic priests.

So while I don't take any harm to it and have e-mailed him about the job, I just don't see the point of why he said that. I pesonally think it sounds arrogant and gives the impression that a Christian would do a better job. Plus the fact I don't think a TRUE Christian should try to judge/discriminate against anybody based merely on their religion.

LOL, Robje, you must be f*cked (in a nice way) in the head.

Your looking for "real" christians? There's no such a thing by the way. How is a christian gonna help your business? You would take a christian over a hard working catholic who brings you 20 sign ups a day?

I'll never understand cult members.

Offensive and Illegal

As a Christian I am offended.

In addition, the establishment of religious and age requirements is illegal in the United States. You can not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, religion, or national origin. Perhaps that is ok in the Netherlands.

the the establishment of religious is illegal also in most european coutrys.... (netheland included)

a nicer way of putting your sentence would be:

" Also, I am an active christian and religion is a large part of my life, I need someone who will understand when I take religion over work.... blah blah something like that"

<< You would take a christian over a hard working catholic who brings you 20 sign ups a day? <<

I am not for sure if you are just really confused or what, but the last time I checked a Catholic was a Christian. So how can you choose a Christian over a Catholic, when Catholics are Christians. Please get your facts straight before you blast someone!

I am not going to get on a whole religion discussion over your post, but your comment about there being no "real" Christians has no meret what so ever, and I will just leave it at that.

"Christians" thing doesnt make no sense to me. LOL. Muslim, jews, hindu, etc all work same. I dont see why would it be difference if you hired muslim or jew? Same thing, eh?

Well...

I take *some* offense at the comment sighting Christians, being Hindu myself. However, there's a good chance that I misconstrued what he meant.

Maybe the writer is going for something a little more broad, and phrased it incorrectly. What I get from the statement is that he's looking for someone that will gell with the company, and whose morals fit that of the company. Most companies excersize some sort of *ism, as people work well with people they share interests with. That means that I'm probably going to hire *smarter* people, instead of fools Or hire people who like the same music I do (bad example )

Originally posted by MSSTATEBDFAN
    << You would take a christian over a hard working catholic who brings you 20 sign ups a day? <<

I am not for sure if you are just really confused or what, but the last time I checked a Catholic was a Christian. So how can you choose a Christian over a Catholic, when Catholics are Christians. Please get your facts straight before you blast someone!

I am not going to get on a whole religion discussion over your post, but your comment about there being no "real" Christians has no meret what so ever, and I will just leave it at that.
    No, there are differences.

Revelation,

I think they practice facism.

LOL

<< No, there are differences. <<

Wait a minute, you are going to tell me that a Catholic is not a Christian?? This is getting very interesting to say the least!

What does religion have to do with hosting anyway
    Sam Weber

Perhaps their servers only stay running for people who accept Jesus as their savior?

This thread has to be the most bizarre I've seen here.

If you are interested, I have the domain PERSONALJESUS.COM for sale.

Originally posted by timechange
    If you are interested, I have the domain PERSONALJESUS.COM for sale.

You're too much

Originally posted by Avail

You're too much

To be taken with a pinch of salt & humor. Even though I own the domain, my intention was to warm up this 'freezing silence' and not to pitch a sale.

Hosting

If your hosting is aimed at and named a religous name - I don't see a problem with it being a specific religion. There are lots of businesses in the US based on a specific religion - ie stores, radio stations, colleges so I see no problem with this.

JDT
    ▄▀▄ Jeremy, CEO - Batcave Network
    ▄▀▄ Deals on Hosting, VPS, Domains, Dedicated Servers since 1997
    ▄▀▄ http://www.batcave.net
    ▄▀▄ We always have a deal going - hosting for cheaper than a domain!