question for american Lost fans

whys there such a gap between episodes now?

Good Question! I can't stand getting into a TV show but Lost has me freaking hooked.

I think there is an issue with the time alloted to created the shows. Perhaps when they were recording there just wasnt enough time to show all of them. Or perhaps this season was written one way, and they later thought it was better to cram together a few episodes.

With a show like this I am sure there is just too much they film and then say "hey we can't show that! It will give bla bla bla away"

Who knows, but I cringe when I see a rerun... no fun at all. I want to know what the island is about!
    DBLHost.com
    US Based Shared Web Hosting • cPanel+Softaculous • Email Hosting • Domain Names
    https://www.dblhost.com

well im not worried abotu any of that, i'm more interested to find out if they've given a reason for the gaps or not? it might be just that they're filming/editing/whatever but usually whole series are finished before the first one is shown on tv, arent they?

They are and they aren't. From my understanding they need to get some sort of a rating idea before they decide to go ahead with filming the next season. And us americans want our seasons in order, so there is no down time.
    DBLHost.com
    US Based Shared Web Hosting • cPanel+Softaculous • Email Hosting • Domain Names
    https://www.dblhost.com

Way too many shows do the same thing. There are more weeks in the "season" than there are new episodes, so they use reruns as "filler". They toss in new episodes during "sweeps" periods, and a few new ones here and there at other times - enough to keep you hooked but not enough to fill the whole season with only new episodes. I would prefer to see all new ones back to back and with a shorter season if need be, as would most everyone I think, but that's not likely to happen. Darnit.

It's the same in Canada btw, there are way too many brakes this season. But I must admit I prefer having brakes if it means having better episodes, I don't want them to fill the spots with boring episodes.
    Last edited by GoTek-JP; 03-17-2006 at 01:15 PM.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed hosting solutions / AS63447
    Web Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Servers

we dont generally have that problem in the uk - if a series lasts 10 weeks, it'll be shown for 10 sequential weeks. if it lasts for 20 it'll be shown for 20 sequential

24 was shown in double episodes for the first 2 weeks, and then single from then on until the current

What I've heard from checking through the ABC forums is that they have 26 shows to do for a season and 35 weeks to show them in. Seems the producers of the show are just as ticked off as the fans about it too.

The result is a bunch of repeats. I suppose we notice it a lot more with Lost given that we're all looking forward to another piece of the puzzle each week.

I believe the count stands right now at 26 weeks, 15 new episodes and 11 repeats (or something close to that).
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.