When sending mail to new server, "550 relay not permitted" is returned. Simple Fix?
Hey, I've been working on this for some time now, but I'm not sure on how the settings were transfered over to this server. I wish I was there when it was done.
Anyways, we got a new server and we transfered all the accounts to the new one. The old one is gone. When people send emails to their email accounts on the server, this is returned:
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 relay not permitted
----- Original message -----
Received: by 10.70.47.5 with SMTP id u5mr160761wxu;
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 20:44:25 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.70.39.10 with HTTP; Tue, 14 Mar 2006 20:44:25 -0800 (PST)
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 04:44:25 +0000
From: "CrewXp Media" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
My brain and eyes hurt. I'm going to take a break, be back in a hour. THXXX
Sending mail OUT from the server is fine.
EDIT: I changed some things. Now I dont get the message returned. Now it seems like it sends, but NOTHING shows up in when I login to the webmail ([email protected]) to check it.
I found that my new Comcast Cable modem had firewall and some other services going on and that they were causing the problem. Once I had those services turned off, and the modem was just doing simple modem work, and not routing and not being a firewall, the email started flowing back to my email service within 10 minutes. I have my own firewall and the email server is behind this. The Comcast modem was blocking the flow of traffic.
Hope This helps, as I had done all the other work with chaning my DNS, new ISP, etc. Good Luck.