hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : The Worst Resellers - EVER!

Forum Jump

The Worst Resellers - EVER!

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2002, 01:51 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

The Worst Resellers - EVER!

Hello everyone,

You have all probably have bad experiences with web-hosts in particular resellers but I think this lot take the biscuit.

www.esitehosting.co.uk used to offer reselling packages for £10 a year. We were quite new at the time and saw this as a great opportunity so we signed up and all was well.

Just two weeks in the server was done for 3 days solid.

At Xmas the server went down on the 20th December 2001 guess when it was working again........................27th January 2002!!!. We lost so much money due to this we left.

They gave their customers no information during that period but did leave a “manager” who later told everyone "I am only 14 years old and have no idea please don't get mad or I will lose my job".

The owner of esite sold to a new lot who have since taken over I think you can see why.

They got new servers and did not even tell us for DNS changes so our sites were down again.

Once the DNS was updated they had lost some of our sites!.

As some of the sites were in PHP the MY SQL databases had to be copied but they evidently did not know how to do this. We requested support and got this reply.

"We are deleting your accounts as of 17th May 2002"

That was it nothing else.

Does it not seem that these people buckle under pressure?. Just one simple support request and they delete all our accounts.

I am surprised to see they are offering new reseller packages and hope new resellers don’t get their fingers burnt.

We now have accounts with MC Host and VO who have been excellent apart from a little hickup with MC Host this week which has since been sorted through Marc from MC Hosts knowledge something esite can learn from.

David

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2002, 01:55 PM
Web Hosting Master

Guess what, ive also been with them. I asked if i could run a irc server and they said ok then 1 day later they froze my account because it was using to much resources, they offered a refund fair enough. So i asked for the refund no answer emailed them again no answer 1 month later emailed them again guess what no answer. Emailed them asking a question using a diffrent email address guess what, they answered!. I never got my refund and my account is still frozen. What a nightmare.

Old 05-10-2002, 02:11 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Looks like we are not alone.

Thats exactly one of the problems we had....no replies to E-Mails.

When we used to get no reply we would then use a different address and asked about a package guess what....reply within 1 hour! when we put this to them "we did not get an E-Mail about our packages".

David

Last edited by UktopHost; 05-12-2002 at 02:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2002, 02:17 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
"We believe that our customers deserve the best"
lol what rubbish

Old 05-10-2002, 02:18 PM
Web Hosting Master

Even better i should ask about buying them heh.

Old 05-10-2002, 02:26 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

lol your probally get them for £10.

What really annoys me is when companies like esite think they are the huge company is some glass fronted building.

Last edited by UktopHost; 05-12-2002 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-10-2002, 02:41 PM
Web Hosting Master

lmao :lol:

Old 05-10-2002, 06:01 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Wink And there is more!!

I have been contacted tonight from yet another angry www.esitehosting.co.uk customer.

"I used to use eSite as my hosting company until one day out the blue they informed me that my account is going to be deleted in 7 days because they have not recieved payment which was payed to the old owners over 6 months before.

I was with them for about 8 months but only had my hosting for about 6 Months because of downtimes which I was not informed about

The last time my account went down so did MY SQL which they would not help me fix because I was not hosted by them (Who was I hosted by then)

I agree that homer would have made a better company owner at least we would be guarnteed some decent support."

Mr Froggatt.

As you can see esitehosting.co.uk certainly make an impression. If you have had a bad expierence with them we would like to hear from you.

David

Old 05-10-2002, 06:22 PM
Web Hosting Master

Thats life

Old 05-10-2002, 07:07 PM
Older than the Internet

They also have fully working demos of CPanel and WebHost Manager too in their "Reseller's" section.

Old 05-11-2002, 03:26 PM
Web Hosting Master

They didn't know how to move mySQL databases?

cPanel #1 Web Hosting Control Panel Included
WHT members benefit from our industry leading 60 day money back guarantee with no small print
Now accepting PayPal™ - Click here to order now

Old 05-11-2002, 03:34 PM
Web Hosting Guru

What do you expect for the price... You get what you pay for.

Old 05-11-2002, 03:38 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by kdghsu
What do you expect for the price... You get what you pay for.
My apologies; I wasn't aware of their prices. This is actually a very good point: some people seem to expect everything for nothing. While good deals do exist, almost limitless features for three bucks a month simply can't be done (just an example).

I think a lot of the people coming on here and whine about no support and poor performance every time they choose another $1 host should ponder why they are getting burnt each time... Isn't paying a reasonable amount for reasonable features worth the peace of mind of knowing that you can rely on good support and a great company?

cPanel #1 Web Hosting Control Panel Included
WHT members benefit from our industry leading 60 day money back guarantee with no small print
Now accepting PayPal™ - Click here to order now

Old 05-11-2002, 03:58 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Hi,

You are both quite right you do get what you pay for and if you read my previous replies you will see I have said that allready.

But you do also have to remember a few of things:

(1) When they offer a package they must supply that package no matter how much it costs

(2) When a company makes claims such as "We employ full time staff to both assist with support and monitor servers" they must do this. This company only had three employees one was the owner the owner, one just "said on his butt all day" according to the owner and of course a 14 year old "manager". They offered no support whatsoever and the server was down for 3 weeks solid over Xmas. If you read my previous messages you will see more examples of false claims.

(3) No matter how much a customer pays he must recieve the advertised item or service we certainly did not and have numerous ex customers who feel the same

As I also mentioned we since opened accounts with MC Host and VO so we do appreciate that its worth paying more for a decent service. At the time of going with esite we thought it best to choose a local company as they were only 20 miles away they were the ideal solution. We had also spoken to the owners beforehand and all seemed great.

Regards

David

Old 05-11-2002, 04:03 PM
Web Hosting Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by UktopHost
Hi,

You are both quite right you do get what you pay for and if you read my previous replies you will see I have said that allready.

But you do also have to remember a few of things:

(1) When they offer a package they must supply that package no matter how much it costs

(2) When a company makes claims such as "We employ full time staff to both assist with support and monitor servers" they must do this. This company only had three employees one was the owner the owner, one just "said on his butt all day" according to the owner and of course a 14 year old "manager". They offered no support whatsoever and the server was down for 3 weeks solid over Xmas. If you read my previous messages you will see more examples of false claims.

(3) No matter how much a customer pays he must recieve the advertised item or service we certainly did not and have numerous ex customers who feel the same

As I also mentioned we since opened accounts with MC Host and VO so we do appreciate that its worth paying more for a decent service. At the time of going with esite we thought it best to choose a local company as they were only 20 miles away they were the ideal solution. We had also spoken to the owners beforehand and all seemed great.

Regards

David

Yes they should live up to their word.. but how can they? these are basically fly by operations that have no chance in ever succeeding and that is obvious!..

there is no way they can have full time staff, ect offering prices that low.. and i dont see why people expect the world for 1$!!

It's called common sence... think about it next time picking a host people!

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
ServInt Designs New Custom Shop Ordering System for Hosting Resellers Web Hosting News 2013-01-23 11:35:44
Web Host Go Daddy Sees 95 Percent Increase in Indian Resellers Over Q3 2011 Web Hosting News 2012-10-30 15:07:50
ResellerClub Module Helps Resellers Provision Hosting Products through WHMCS Control Panel Web Hosting News 2012-09-06 16:17:27
IT Delivery Platform Colt Acquires Cloud Platform ThinkGrid Web Hosting News 2012-08-13 12:08:20
Tucows Mobile Service Ting Now Available to OpenSRS Resellers Web Hosting News 2012-05-11 13:29:01