VPS is crashing ...any help please?

Hi ...
    Hope some one help me in this issue..

I have a VPS (Vitrtuozzo/Cpanel), something strange is happening regarding server load, server load starts to increase rapidly then the server crashes (after like 20-30 min) .. I contacted my company (they reply in 2-3 days ), and their reply was that "an account is taking my resources" . They didn't identify this account, and seems I am left in the dark at this moment . Also I have very few clients on this machine, I doubt they are right!

Can any one give me some guidlines that can help ? May be a service is hanging? so how to detect it ? Even some links to posts regarding this issue will help. I am not a frequent WHT person...

Thanks in advance

When the system crashes what process is taking up CPU or memory? Once you know that it possible to startc tracking it down
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

Can you post 'top' output here? What do you get when you run:

netstat -nap | grep :80 | wc -l

netstat -nap | grep SYN | wc -l

what do you get when you run:

mysqladmin status
    Have a question?

Thanks vaserv and Milovan for your replies...

just got this message from the cron deamon:

/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtermcap.so.2: cannot open shared object file: Cannot allocate memory

is it something global or can give an indication?

Milovan: will try to post results you requeted...

When your vps is really messed up it may just be easier to get a new vps and move. Ask your provider if you can get a new vps and move without paying double fees.

zinet: his VPS isn't messed up, it's running out of resources.

migo225: is there any way you can do:

cat /proc/user_beancounters

If not, ask your host to provide you with the output OR try to login to VZPP and see what exactly is running low there.

In the meanwhile, I would suggest that you do (most likely this will solve your resource problems for a brief moment -- where you should be able to do 'cat' on user_beancounters):

service httpd stop (/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd stop).
    Have a question?

Quote Originally Posted by zinet
    When your vps is really messed up it may just be easier to get a new vps and move. Ask your provider if you can get a new vps and move without paying double fees.
    "Cannot allocate memory" - he ran outta RAM...
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Just as elix said

Any luck with this migo225 yet?
    Have a question?