Boxes with large storage space for backups

I'm looking for servers similar to EV1's "backup box" offering, except I'd like internet access (low bandwidth OK), as I'd like to backup multiple servers in different NOCs to one central backup server.

EV1 offers a storage server for $59/month with a 200 GB hard drive. Again, the problem here is while I have an EV1 server... I have other servers as well I'd like to backup here.

The only other comparable offer I found here would be HighVelocity special offer ($65/month and if I prepay, get a free upgrade on my HD to 160 GB).

Any other providers that offer servers like this, low CPU speed but high storage (maybe I missed some special offers, or didn't check a provider I don't know much about).

Thanks!
    Jim Reardon - jim/amusive.com

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=490757
    2.4GHz Cel, 512MB RAM, 120GB, 800GB/mo: $69/mo. & $0 setup

They run different offers. I got one with a 200GB drive for about the same which I use for backups.

How much total storage space do you require, and do you plan that to increase alot in the future?
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

I'd say at LEAST 120, preferably 160-250. I don't see the need to increase happening within a year or two (the numbers are really about half my usage, but I want a lot of extra space in case I do grow)... but the option to be able to add on another HD in the future if I need to would definately be a plus, in the case I do need more than I order initially.

Why do you want to use your own server for this? Why not just a regular backup service? I use bqbackup.com, and they offer 100 GB of backup space for $20/mo. 1TB for $150/mo. I'm sure if you want something in between like 300 GB or whatever, Scott would be willing to work with you. I' definitely suggest you look into that instead of running a new server just for backup.

BQ Internet looks interesting (especially as they allow rsync), however, I know nothing about them and their website certainly does not inspire confidence (don't mean to be rude here).

The fact is I have my own, my customers, and my user's personal information on these servers. If I order another server, I have control over the security. If I lease space on someone else's box, that's out of my control. Especially for the small price difference (eg: 200 GB for $40 with no idea who may be looking at my data; hopefully $60-$70 for the same and have full control).

I hadn't heard of BQInternet so I will look into it further, thanks for the tip.

I've been using BQInternet for sometime now and Scott is very responsive and so far I've not ran into any issues with the backups as yet. The prices are pretty neat too and what I like is the unmetered transfer which would work great especially if you have tons of places to backup from.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

+1 for BQinternet don't know how they could offer the plans for so cheap, definitely go for it

Thanks for the positive comments on BQ -- while I'm glad he has many happy clients, I'd like to keep this on topic for other suggestions on similar plans, or places I can get a box per my specifications.

Unless there is a way to rsync AND encrypt files on the fly I doubt BQ would be a solution for my needs, currently.

fwiw Scott posts here as bqinternet, lots of informative posts.

You could check out cyberwurx. I got a server from them for a few months (just a test box). Chris worked out a good deal for me, something like 50 bucks for a good machine with 200 gigs of transfer. Haven't talked with him in quite a while, but if you discuss your situation with him he'll probably be able to fit something in your budget.

Lastly, I have a $50/mo XP-2400 at LayeredTech. When I got my first box there they wouldn't give me any kind of a discount for using little bandwidth, so I doubt you can go that route..but maybe you could get the same machine and throw in another hard drive and you're set.

In general it will probably be easier/cheaper to go with a backup service..you might want to check out gnax, as they offer a backup service as well, and are probably better known than bqinternet.