Alternative to FDCServers

Hello everyone!

I've been browsing these forums and seeing alot of negative posts about FDC servers. A friend of mine is using them, and IMO havn't seen to much of a problem with them. I've been doing server management for him on his box and have noticed that his server is black listed on a few spam lists and the connection isn't perfect, but it's enough to run a website.

His server is co-located. He doesn't rent any servers from them so i can't really say anything about their rentals.

Anyway, i was wondering for near the same price that he pays ($180 monthly) who can he colocate with who offers the same deals?

Cpanel
    Allows IRC Networking
    Large Amount of Bandwith (1500gigs atleast)

I've been with FDC for a year now and our box has been doing very well. We get a stupid amount of BW, support has always spent a lot of time helping us, and sales is always friendly.

FDC maybe had rough patches in their early years, but they've since then done a lot to make them selves better.
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Honestly, if hes happy with FDC, and has no problems.. I'd stay with them.
    Ussually staying where your comfortable and content is the best choice, as opposed to trying to find the 'better' version.. unless you do research to ensure your choice will be fit.

Truth is, every hosting company out there has good and bad reviews.. (you can't satisfy everyone.. and sometimes people go with the wrong host for their needs).

If you still want to check out changing the location of the server, I can reccomend the two hosts who I've used (currently with LayeredTech), and have had nothing but good things to say..

LiquidWeb
    LayeredTech

Both are amazing IMO, and you'll find great reviews on both here..

Whatever you choose to do, good luck.

gigeservers have cpanel offered and allow IRC. They offer 1000GB outgoing bandwidth and unlimited incoming. Perhaps you can mail them for quote.