VR hosted colocation san jose, CA

Anyone recommend using VR Hosted vr.org in San jose, CA? They are in Market Post Tower. Looking to co locate a single server in bay area.

Thanks!

I'm unaware of them. But a trace did show that they have a cogent feed onsite
    http://Ethr.net jay@ethr.net
    West Coast AT&T / Level3 / Savvis Bandwidth, Colocation, Dedicated Server, Managed IP Service, Hardware Load Balancing Service, Transport Service, 365 Main St, SFO / 200 Paul Ave, SFO / PAIX, PAO / Market Post Tower, 55 S. Market, SJC / 11 Great Oaks, Equinix, SJC

They also have a netoptex.com Connection as well
    West Coast AT&T / Level3 / Savvis Bandwidth, Colocation, Dedicated Server, Managed IP Service, Hardware Load Balancing Service, Transport Service, 365 Main St, SFO / 200 Paul Ave, SFO / PAIX, PAO / Market Post Tower, 55 S. Market, SJC / 11 Great Oaks, Equinix, SJC

Aside from the bandwidth factor, MPT is an awsome facility. We are located in it and wouldn't even consider anywhere else . There are plenty of bandwidth providers in the facility; you could always find cheap space with one provider and find decent bandwidth with another and run a cross connect. Do your homework before you go with one company, you should be able to find some really competitive rates. What I would recomend is getting a cab w/ hurricane electric and running a cross connect to them. Last I heard it was like 4-500 for a cab, but I might be mistaken. ( My partner told me that so.. )

Sorry for double post but wow, they charge 1500 for a full cab. Thats a lot. 800 or so alone for half rack o_O. They better be good for that price
    ---
    edit
    ---
    Aha I just noticed that it includes bandwidth my bad

I'd highly recommend vr.org. I was partnered with the owner back in '99 in another venture; he's a good guy who runs a good business. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Now selling BigVPS's!
    Jacksonville Colocation and dedicated servers by colo4jax
    We are *not* a reseller. We own our servers, switches, routers and racks.

been very good to us

They have been extremely helpful and responsive for us. Given that most people don't even bother replying to email, this was very refreshing.

I think you can get cheaper prices if you ask. The half rack pricing we were quoted was a bit lower.

The facility is also first rate.

Wink Big phat reccomendation

I own a company that is located on the same floor, just accross the floor from vr.org's cage space (one of our facilities). The guys that run the show are super knowledgeable, they know what they're doing (seriously, they know the little things, like how to run bundled cabling properly), and they also know Gentoo.

Based on what I've seen, and the quality of people I've met in the NOC, this is a first rate operation. I'd reccomend them highly.

Quote Originally Posted by Netriox
    What I would recomend is getting a cab w/ hurricane electric and running a cross connect to them. Last I heard it was like 4-500 for a cab, but I might be mistaken. ( My partner told me that so.. )
    I believe it's $325 or $350 for a cabinet w/ 15 amps. But I hope you don't mind power cutting out . In the past two years my machine has been hit by three outages. 1 being the building wide I'm sure many people recall, and the other 2 only affecting the row I'm in.
    Silicon Valley Web Hosting - Bay Area Bare-Metal and 1U to Full Rack Colocation

www.svwh.net

Unusual...

Wow, really, that's cheap as heck. I've gotten quotes from other outfits in the building for clients. The building is more like 450-550 for a cabinet w/20 amp power being an additional 150-200/mo + transit. I've been 500, but that's the lowest price in Market Post Tower compared to what I've heard.

$500 is hard to get nowadays now. You are more looking at $600+