Whatever should I do?

Heres the scenario -
    I just bought a new server. Brilliant intel machine with cPanel and whm... so everything was going swimmingly, I'm very happy. Then, my problems comes along. I've got ip addresses to set the nameservers up, but none of the registrars I use (I tried 4) will accept the ip address nameservers so that I can actually get a domain pointed to the server to use as a tld nameserver.
    If anyone understood that, I'd really appreciate it.

Usually there are 2 spots at any given registrar for nameservers. 1 to specify the name/ip combo and 1 to just specify which nameserver to use.

You want to find something like "Register" or "Create" nameserver to create the name/IP pair.

Hope that helps,
    Iggy
    Evolve Networks - Hosting, Design & Development for Business and Individuals
    EosC - Evolve Networks Loaded Edition of osCommerce

Yeah, I found some sort of register section with one of my registrars. I tried to put all the information I had in, and it told me it was succesfull... so I suppose I just wait out the 36 hours that it informed it would take before I see what happened.

Hey, you're in seattle too?
    Cool

Just slurping my evening latte and tending to servers (when not reading webhostingtalk

Iggy
    Evolve Networks - Hosting, Design & Development for Business and Individuals
    EosC - Evolve Networks Loaded Edition of osCommerce

6. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Related Posts from theWHIR.com