Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    33

    ServerWizards x TouchSupport

    I am running a Web Hosting business and am in need of a server management solution for my new Linux Server.
    I filtered it down to ServerWizards and TouchSupport. Both seem to be knowledgeable and good.
    However, currently I am more towards TouchSupport since their presentation on their website is much clearer and also more professional in some way.

    Question is if someone used already both of those 2 companies and can really compare them. I am worried that 24/7-pro-active support is advertised but maybe they cannot keep their promises.
    Also, the installation of essential security features is essential and I rather pay a few bucks more than dealing with some fishy solution.

    Anyone can share his/her experience?

    Thanks a lot.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    654
    i know its not what you asked for but nobody else has said much in this thread so ill just say i used serverwizards for about 6 months they were absolutley spot on.

    they can have a server set up in about half an hour and if you want anything customised they will do it.

    you can sit there and ask them questions all day and they will come back with answer after answer theyre so helpfull i cant wait untill i use them again.

    hope that helps.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    654
    oh and also... theyre security is top notch i ran a 45 minute scan on my server looking for all the known loopholes and flaws it tested about 2000 different things and the result was 100% success... (the free one ev1.net lets you run)

    serverwizards

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    949
    ServerWizards have been great for me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    47
    ServerWizards is great! Been using them a couple of times, really good support.
    Albumart.org - The number one site for album art

  6. #6
    I read another threadwhic said they don't have 24/ support. Maybe they focus on US customers? Have you guys tried them like 04:00 AM early morning?

    thanks for your info

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    949
    My personal experience has been that they respond to tickets marked as "High" priority all throughout the night. I have not put in too many tickets past 1 or 2 am Eastern, but the few times I have, they were responded to promptly.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    2,539
    We used Touch Support last year and I would have to say they where pretty bad. Our helpdesk is all very basic issues which anyone with basic Internet knowledge could answer yet they where simply unable to even answer basic questions.

    They never listened to instructions either, we told them when they had tickets they could not handle to respond to the ticket and move it. Alot of the time they either didn't respond or they responded but didn't move it. After informing them many times about it they still done it. Now I really do not know what is so hard about such a basic instruction.

    The primary reason for the helpdesk is because we have such a vast range of sites it's for users to let us know if theres a problem so we can easily identify and fix it. In examples of server problems, the whole point would be for them to spot it and then fix it, but I will struggle to find you 1 example in the months and months we used them where they did actually fix anything. They use 2 different people for "techs" and the junk they put on your desk so by the time it does go anywhere, myself or someone else has already fixed it.

    We ended up switching to Assistanz.com who are alot better already, I very rarely have to deal with tickets now along and it has cut down my work load.

    -Scott
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: sales@admingeekz.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodeba
    oh and also... theyre security is top notch i ran a 45 minute scan on my server looking for all the known loopholes and flaws it tested about 2000 different things and the result was 100% success... (the free one ev1.net lets you run)
    qhick hijack, anyone have a link to this test tool?
    UrlRedo.com - short URL service

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,026
    Login to ServerCommander and run this scanner

    Quote Originally Posted by dsotmoon
    qhick hijack, anyone have a link to this test tool?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott.Mc
    We used Touch Support last year and I would have to say they where pretty bad. Our helpdesk is all very basic issues which anyone with basic Internet knowledge could answer yet they where simply unable to even answer basic questions.

    They never listened to instructions either, we told them when they had tickets they could not handle to respond to the ticket and move it. Alot of the time they either didn't respond or they responded but didn't move it. After informing them many times about it they still done it. Now I really do not know what is so hard about such a basic instruction.

    The primary reason for the helpdesk is because we have such a vast range of sites it's for users to let us know if theres a problem so we can easily identify and fix it. In examples of server problems, the whole point would be for them to spot it and then fix it, but I will struggle to find you 1 example in the months and months we used them where they did actually fix anything. They use 2 different people for "techs" and the junk they put on your desk so by the time it does go anywhere, myself or someone else has already fixed it.

    We ended up switching to Assistanz.com who are alot better already, I very rarely have to deal with tickets now along and it has cut down my work load.

    -Scott

    As I recall, we were never contracted to work for you. We worked for a company that contracted you along side of us, and from memory, you never liked that arrangement as part of our contract dealt with system administration (which was also your department). I noticed you've been bashing Touch Support every chance you get, and I honestly do not understand why, but we would certainly appreciate it if you would stop giving people an incorrect impression of our hosting support services.

    Thanks!

    Dave
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    2,539
    Quote Originally Posted by TS-Dave
    As I recall, we were never contracted to work for you. We worked for a company that contracted you along side of us, and from memory, you never liked that arrangement as part of our contract dealt with system administration (which was also your department). I noticed you've been bashing Touch Support every chance you get, and I honestly do not understand why, but we would certainly appreciate it if you would stop giving people an incorrect impression of our hosting support services.

    Thanks!

    Dave

    Dave you tell me what was not true. Go on tell me one thing in my entire review that was untrue.

    As for bashing touch support whenever I can, I would love for you to back that one up also. I suggest you have alook at my posts and you will see otherwise. Infact if I bash Touch Support at every chance I get show me ONE example of this other than this thread.

    You are so quick to "defend" your company on something which IS entirely true that you have not even bothered to research before you open your big mouth.

    -Scott
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: sales@admingeekz.com

  13. Newsletters

    Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •