Question Anyone here using this

I would like to know if anyone is using Vonage or another company like this.

http://www.vonage.com

If so, tell us what of think of it, does it work good and you happy with it?
    Thank you,

Point Action Services, Inc.
    https://pointaction.com

Using Road Runner All In One Package. No problems so far. Very pleased with it. Thought of Vontage, but decided to go with RR

I've been a Vonage subscriber for a little over a year. Started on the $15/mo. plan and upgraded later. I have it connected to my Comcast cable modem which has had near 100% uptime. The only problem is the line will cut out if I upload files to the Internet. The fix is to enable reserved bandwidth on my router (Linksys WRT54G), but not all routers have that option. Because I've reserved some bandwidth for my Vonage, my Internet connection runs a LITTLE slower.

I'm paying the same amount for phone + Internet now as I was when I was a Verizon subscriber. But in return I'm getting free long-distance, a portable phone number (the number goes whereever the box goes), and I have all my voice mails emailed to me.

Overall "A" in my book.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

I use Via:Talk. Gotta say best VoIP service i've used. I didn't like Vonage because they didnt have any local numbers plus Via:Talk was a bit less expensive.
    WHT's Own Tekster

Do i have a "Technical Support" sign on my back?
    Listen To Tekster Radio!

I have use Lingo and Vonage. I believe vonage gives better quality, I have it connected with my Road Runner cable. I just didn't want to get the Digital Phone by road runner because I believe is basically the same but $10 bucks more.

Well I am planning to get Vonage this weekend. It is is nice to hear from others about this before I get into this.
    Thank you,

Point Action Services, Inc.
    https://pointaction.com

Quote Originally Posted by veldon
    I would like to know if anyone is using Vonage or another company like this.

http://www.vonage.com

If so, tell us what of think of it, does it work good and you happy with it?
    I like it, haven't used in over a year and a half but did like it back then. I personally think you shouldn't share your phone connection with internet due to not being able to make an emergency call if your internet is down, and you'd be surprised how many people actually do have bad luck.

If you want to use it as a biz line and do lots of long distance, or want to use it for long distance it is pretty good, not to mention real phone companies have ridiculous fee's and don't deserve the biz. In Canada to have a phone with no long distance plan or anything costs close to $30 a month plus your long distance charges.
    Linux Admins the name, troubleshooting and administrating Linux Systems is my game

They provide a great service. A+
    FrogJumper.com, Superb Cpanel Web Hosting.
    Excellent, High Paying Affiliate Program.

I have been using Lingo for about a year. Quality is so-so, but lately I have been experiences sporadic outages. It's very frustrating because you never know when its working or not :-) I will be switching to Vonage soon. I'm really excited about the virtual phone software they have!

Mac