Confused - files modified every month on the 3rd

Hi,

I'm running a webserver using Windows PHP+Apache+MySQL. Something weird seems to happen on the 3rd of every month to my files, and I dont know what it is. It happened last month, Jan on the 3rd and now this month on the 3rd too. I dont know how long it's been going on for either or if it went on before this, because I haven't really noticed till now.

The file modification time of certain files changes, all at the same time, same second it seems too, on the 3rd of every month. The majority of the files go unharmed, but I have had, 1 or 3 that just got "blanked" out. e.g. no content anymore.

I have checked my access logs, I dont see any thing suspicious at all. My FTP account and password is very strong. I dont think I'm being "hacked" by someone on the 3rd of every month from the outside, but I think there could be a virus of sorts in there? Or, could it be some of the programs I have running? Such as Norton AntiVirus/Firewall?

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks for your time.

I know there is a Windows Virus going around that is set for the 3rd of the month. That would be my guess. Double check that you have up to date virus patterns and run a scan. Also check the files to see if you are compromised.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...worm27-ON.html

Search google or your antivirus providers site. It was on the news last week.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

Hmm yeah I had heard about that one, but it seems strange because I thought that one was supposed to erase like Limewire, Norton and other programs. But at the same time it's on the 3rd so...

Anyhow I ran a virus check with Norton. I have the latest updates, but it doesn't find anything.

I cant find the edit button >_< so sorry for the double post

but I seriously think it's Norton, it must be set to auto scan every couple days or so at night when I dont know. I just ran that scan and a bunch of my files had their file modifcation times changed.

Can anyone reccommend me a new virus scanner to try out, that's good for windows based servers?