hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Security and Technology : New server, please review build before purchase

Forum Jump

New server, please review build before purchase

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Security and Technology Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2006, 02:02 PM
WHT Addict

New server, please review build before purchase

Hello,

I have built a server off of newegg.com. I need it for expansion, to run both audiospy.net and mp3realm.org and other future websites.

The current server is a p4 2ghz OC to 2.2ghz 2gb memory and gets more sluggish as more visitors join.

The site is about 5gb of innodb, 1gb of myisam and a few other small tables for statistics and site warnings.

I have chosen a dual opteron for this, I have read that opterons handle large innodb tables in MySQL better than dual xeons do.

Here is the link to the new build
http://audiospy.net/newegg/

Please give your critism

Thank you,

Josh Trier.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Web Hosting Guru

I'd get Hitachi drive instead of WD, they seem to fail a bit less often (though your never know).
Also, if you can afford it, get more memory. InnoDB really likes it, if you manage to put all of it in buffer pool, most likely you'll get better speed on single CPU comparing to dual CPU with only 1 gig buffer pool.

Old 01-29-2006, 01:09 AM
WHT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfTuner
I'd get Hitachi drive instead of WD, they seem to fail a bit less often (though your never know).
Also, if you can afford it, get more memory. InnoDB really likes it, if you manage to put all of it in buffer pool, most likely you'll get better speed on single CPU comparing to dual CPU with only 1 gig buffer pool.

I actually never had a problem with western digitals SE's, haven't tried RE's yet.

Yes I will get more memory as needed, trying to keep it minimum for now.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2006, 08:37 AM
Web Hosting Master

In going with a dual opteron setup, I'd reccomend a serious hardware raid controller or two. You can get a great performance increase if you have a seperate raid array for the mysql/var partition then the primary OS. Your main bottleneck here will be the disk I/O & ram. You can always add more ram, but I'd committ to a better hard disk infrastructure to begin with.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:43 PM

Hey this Oshaka guy seems to have little respect for other peoples property and blatantly states in his "legal" Disclaimer that he doesn't know the status of the copyright for the materials he presents ( he has not only violated my copyrights but encouraged others to do so by distributing script to steal content from my website )

Please do not help this person as you are helping an individual who does not respect the rights of others

JoshTrier-is-a-Thief

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Liquid Web Launches Storm Private Cloud Web Hosting News 2013-11-22 13:42:02
Vault Networks Launches Monthly Subscription-Based Cloud Servers Web Hosting News 2013-06-14 11:30:06
Cbeyond Launches Windows Server 2012-Based Data Center Managed Service Web Hosting News 2012-10-15 11:07:18
Web Hosts, Cloud Hosts Launch Services Based on Windows Server 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-09-05 13:51:50
How Cloud Orchestration Tools Influence Cloud Infrastructure Design Web Hosting News 2012-04-30 16:38:40