Thumbs down RegisterFly.com's email server... IS WAY TOO SLOW!!!

I've a hosting account (shared server) with RegisterFly and so far everything has been great for the last year...

Except, their email server is too damn slow!!! Most of the time it takes around 10 hours to cycle an email! I'll even send an email to myself and won't get it back until the next day (but if I send an email through another account to myself I'll get it within a minute.).

Does anyone else have this problem? This can't be normal.

For the record...

I finally had this bright idea to email RegisterFly's support department (major duh ) and low and behold they emailed back and within a couple of hours they had it fixed!

So all's cool with their email server now and emails cycle within 60 seconds.

Congratulations on learning one of the first lessons to be taught from WHT: Contact your host before making a post on a 3rd party forum that has nothing to do with them!

Quote Originally Posted by GOT!
    For the record...

I finally had this bright idea to email RegisterFly's support department (major duh ) and low and behold they emailed back and within a couple of hours they had it fixed!

So all's cool with their email server now and emails cycle within 60 seconds.
    Good to see you got it fixed, 10 hours was well bad, it may of been due to someone spamming the mail server or something, some people signup to cheap plans to just abuse SMTP servers, thats why i had a system setup to detect spammers

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Congratulations on learning one of the first lessons to be taught from WHT: Contact your host before making a post on a 3rd party forum that has nothing to do with them!
    Agreed
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

The normal email-cycle time only lasted a day or two Emails are currently taking 3 hours to cycle. At least I know it's not me (because it was actually fixed after RegisterFly replied to me and told me they were on it).

I wonder what's going with their server. Perhaps they did have a spammer and they stopped him and then he started up again.

How long have you been with them..... It could be very possible that somesite is mass emailing or there are mailbombs.
    Can you not call support?
    Let us know what happens.
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

RegisterFly is notorious for having some very slow mail servers. However, as you temporarily discovered, they also have some that are appropriately quick. I suggest calling back again and requesting "permanent" placement of your account on one of their better servers.

I do get the impression that the squeaky wheel gets the grease at RegisterFly. Just keep at it by contacting tech support. And FWIW, I also sent in a few sent/received logs to make certain they knew the problem was not in my head. That is, route some e-mail through RegisterFly and also via another path that you know works as expected. That tangible proof seemed to help me. (However, generally speaking their e-mail hosting really sucks, even when it's working as it should. There are others that offer better service add-ons than does RegisterFly.)

Thanks ZenWarrior (and everyone for that matter).

Quote Originally Posted by ITAhmed
    How long have you been with them..... It could be very possible that somesite is mass emailing or there are mailbombs.
    Can you not call support?
    Let us know what happens.
    I'm on my second year with RegisterFly. I've emailed them twice now and each time the problem is fixed with in 24 hours and the email-cycle-time drops to under 60 seconds. But then again, a few days later the problem returns to 10-hour-cycle time (like it is right now ).

I don't understand why they can fix it for one day and then it's messed up after that.

GoDaddy is looking better and better every day RegisterFly's service is crappy!