Thread: SQL problems

SQL problems

I manage a web site (Quickjams.com) that hosts song lyrics for various artists. I have SQL disk usage that is currently 21.8Mb. on my server and growing. Recently the load time on the site has plummeted. and the SQL is growing daily. Anyone have any server suggestions? I estimate that total SQL disk usage wil top out at 85-100Mb. Any suggestions on improving load time, or anything else that would help?

adamsteve@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steveadams
    I manage a web site (Quickjams.com) that hosts song lyrics for various artists. I have SQL disk usage that is currently 21.8Mb. on my server and growing. Recently the load time on the site has plummeted. and the SQL is growing daily. Anyone have any server suggestions? I estimate that total SQL disk usage wil top out at 85-100Mb. Any suggestions on improving load time, or anything else that would help?

adamsteve@gmail.com
    www.elix.us has some tutorials that might help.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveadams
    Recently the load time on the site has plummeted.

intr.v. plum·met·ed, plum·met·ing, plum·mets
    To fall straight down; plunge.
    To decline suddenly and steeply: Stock prices plummeted.

I think what you ment to say was the load was sky rocketing? Meaning it was getting loaded up quite heavily.
    Mega Hosters Inc. - The Last Host You Will Ever Need!
    Hsphere Control Panel, 24/7 Phone Support, EasyApp, Shared SSL, Daily Backups, Dedicated IPs, PHP4 & PHP5, FFMPEG, Legal Adult Content Allowed + More!
    Treating A Customer The Way They Should Be Treated For Over 5.5 Years Now!

Hi,

what kind of setup is this? Shared server, VPS, dedicated... I'm no expert in this, but that database seems quite small actually.