Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If this is not a mistake on the webhosts part, you will have to pay it. You agreeded to there TOS and so be it. You will be charged for it. I would suggest you find another web host. I still don't understand how you could use 410GB of Bandwidth. What were you hosting? I wouldn't suggest you sue, because you would loose and just add more money to your bill.
    Carolina-Host - The final stop for ALL your web site needs!
    US & EU Datacenters | 100% Money back Guarantee | 99.9% Uptime | Weekly Site Backups
    cPanel w/ Softaculous | Webalizer/Awstats | Site.Pro Website Builder | Lite Speed
    Poarch & Associates - Accounting, Tax Preparation, & Payroll Services since 1985
      0 Not allowed!

why didn't you monitor your BW under 'Hosting Account Details' and upgrade to the next plan that allows 500 GB/BW for $9.95/mo when you got near your limit?

you must of been offering some big files for download to use up all that BW
      0 Not allowed!

But did you get so many hits ?
    Was it such a busy month ?
    Are the stats for real ?
    Chris, Developer/Programmer,
    https://www.chrisranjana.com/
    Php laravel developers, Node Python developers,
    AWS Certified | Python developers | Nodejs Developers | Devops
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by f9-Alex
    Loks like they didn't really rob you after all. You just didn't read the TOS. This is what happens when people buy oversold plans.
    What do 'oversold plans' have to do with going over your bandwidth limit and getting a bill?
    All My Data » From small shared web hosting accounts to powerful dedicated servers.
    Now offering Affordable UNIX shells and IRCd hosting!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stacie
    What do 'oversold plans' have to do with going over your bandwidth limit and getting a bill?
    Web hosts advertising plans with 200GB bandwidth and then in there TOS there is something along the lines of "Cannot use more than 10% of allowed bandwidth"
    Carolina-Host - The final stop for ALL your web site needs!
    US & EU Datacenters | 100% Money back Guarantee | 99.9% Uptime | Weekly Site Backups
    cPanel w/ Softaculous | Webalizer/Awstats | Site.Pro Website Builder | Lite Speed
    Poarch & Associates - Accounting, Tax Preparation, & Payroll Services since 1985
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ipotweb
    Web hosts advertising plans with 200GB bandwidth and then in there TOS there is something along the lines of "Cannot use more than 10% of allowed bandwidth"
    How does that relate in any way to this situation? The OP seems to have used all of the allocated bandwidth and also a lot more, so where does the oversold plans come into it?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hostex Australia
    People like this really annoy me.
    They don't annoy me! I love reading this stuff here.

Usually after they realize that suing someone costs money, they usually calm down!

I think its kinda like the "american dream", to sue someone.
      0 Not allowed!

rob Audio pronunciation of "robbed" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rb)
    v. robbed, rob·bing, robs
    v. tr.
    1. Law. To take property from (a person) illegally by using or threatening to use violence or force; commit robbery upon.

hmm...not so....
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin Trav
    You got ripped off yes, maybe time to switch hosts.

But then again you could look at it from the host's perspective, 160GB is a LOT of bandwidth.
    It's less than a megabit.
    I don't think Godaddy pays 600 dollars per Mbit, or anything near that.

It's a ripoff -- but that's how they make up for their massive packages. According to the earlier statements about their own TOS though: You're scott-free.
      0 Not allowed!

looks like x 116 packages.. must be some mistype like that.

Contact GoDaddy.
      0 Not allowed!

Well it's been 7 hours since I last posted... Did you resolve the issue yet?
    What did they say?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by B33R
    Well it's been 7 hours since I last posted... Did you resolve the issue yet?
    What did they say?
    Yes, I'm also curious as to how this played out.

Keep us updated!
    RACK911 Labs | Penetration Testing | https://www.RACK911Labs.ca

www.HostingSecList.com - Security Notices for the Hosting Community.
      0 Not allowed!

Godaddy really sucks now! I think they are growing with negative comments since 2005.
    http://www.webdtalk.com - The Web Development Talk
      0 Not allowed!

I would say its a mistake seems very high for bandwidth overage (even at 160GB over.)

what did he use the month before?
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, I am curious too. From their TOS, it seems clear that they will not just let an account exceed the bandwidth allotment.

Still, the OP is told that he did that! Well, he should then just quote the TOS: if GoDaddy don't follow their TOS, it is their problem not his.

I guess if he explains this and GoDaddy still insists, he can file a chargeback. And make sure to take a screenshot of the TOS....
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic
      0 Not allowed!

hosting plan is 5GB space, 250Gb bandwidth?

For $4?

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

See, it's sucker plans like that which attracts ppl like moths to the flame and then they get burned.

GoDaddy is a registar..as subpar one at that, and can't understand why ppl buy hosting from them.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hostex Australia
    People like this really annoy me.
    It is the patriotic duty of an US citizen to take legal action at the first glance of sheer panice!

In case you can't tell I am being sarcastic.

Yahooer and anyone else thinking about taking the road to the legal action world: You do realize that you would be spending $700+ for plane tickets, hotel room, food and other expenses to fly over to Arizona (where Godaddy is) to take them to court? Well small claims since you're talking about $700.00 but you still would have to fly there... Just a little reality check.
      0 Not allowed!

I know I may be in the minority here, but doesn't this whole thing seem a bit outlandish? Yes, "It's the way hosting companies who offer low-cost solutions make money." I've been quite aware of this since 1999 when my hosting company attempted to pull something similar on one of my sites. I paid $3 per gig of bandwidth overage then. But now, in 2006, $5.95? Overuse, sure. Paying for it, of course. But $5.95?

Maybe "sue" wasn't the best word to use, but honestly, I think if any of us opened our next bill for anything and found that we were being charged $700 for something we could have purchased, from the same company, for an extra $4 up front...we'd be pissed too, even if it was in the terms.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Yahooer
    yes, I am on the phone right now. They put me on hold for 35 minutes, juses, I was calling from Europe.

The billing dept. is off now, will come back in 3 hours. Support dept said they can do nothing about it. The guy told me I used 160GB extra bandwidth last month.

I pay them $4 per month, but now they are asking me for $700. They did not send me a warning email to tell me I was reaching the limit of bandwidth, and they do not offer Webalizer or Awstats, I even didn't know how many bandwidth I used. And they did not suspend my account for exceeding bandwidth.
    HELLO!!! You have several ways to see your bandwidth use in your control panel. I'm using the same plan as you I have no problems with where to find my bandwidth usage.

Look here:
    http://webhost-review.info/images/gd1.jpg
    http://webhost-review.info/images/gd2.jpg
    http://webhost-review.info/images/gd3.jpg

So you can not say that godaddy.com do not have any bandwidth monitors.

And since you have managed to use over 250 GB in one month you have to have som content on your pages that you know many people download. and then you HAVE to check your bandwidth usage more then once per month. Check it every day.
    Godaddy.com have only a 10 mbps port (or 10 mbps per connection)on every shared server, so it will take some time to download 250 GB.

This problem are not a godaddy.com problem, but your problem. You have used to much bandwidth, and have to pay as you can read in their TOS. And before you signup you had to read and cormfirm that you have read their TOS.

So you have learned the hard way, do not have a site without cheking the bandwidth usage at least every two days or every day.
    Last edited by myhken; 01-16-2006 at 06:28 PM.
    My Top 20 benchmark list (and review site)