hosted by liquidweb


Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Need a web host - Some Payment Issues
Reply

Forum Jump

Need a web host - Some Payment Issues

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription
 
Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-11-2006, 05:54 AM
poseidon poseidon is offline
Junior Guru Wannabe
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 30

Need a web host - Some Payment Issues


Hi,

I had posted few days back that I am looking for web host + domain and I did got lot's of replies. But when I tried to get a domain from godaddy or tried to register to web hosts through paypal, I was not able to pay to any of them because I am not credit card certified. Can some webhost help me personally here...

I am willing to pay USD $41 to your paypal account(paypal will deduct around USD $2,so you will get USD $39 into your account) for buying me two domains of my choice + webhosting space of 100-150 MB and around 5-7GB bandwidth. Couple of emails will be fine.

I am looking for long term hosting and will surely look to add more space/bandwidth/domain later. I need reliable host and person to go with.

I still think this is silly to ask others to configure for your host and buy you a domain but I am in a bit hurry. MY SITE is completely ready(contentwise) but I don't have any host neither domain. I am worried of loosing the domain which I want(it is free till now).I want to get my site up asap.

Thanks
Arpit

All suggestions are welcomed.



Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 01-11-2006, 06:16 AM
ashridhar ashridhar is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by poseidon
Hi,

I had posted few days back that I am looking for web host + domain and I did got lot's of replies. But when I tried to get a domain from godaddy or tried to register to web hosts through paypal, I was not able to pay to any of them because I am not credit card certified. Can some webhost help me personally here...

I am willing to pay USD $41 to your paypal account(paypal will deduct around USD $2,so you will get USD $39 into your account) for buying me two domains of my choice + webhosting space of 100-150 MB and around 5-7GB bandwidth. Couple of emails will be fine.

I am looking for long term hosting and will surely look to add more space/bandwidth/domain later. I need reliable host and person to go with.

I still think this is silly to ask others to configure for your host and buy you a domain but I am in a bit hurry. MY SITE is completely ready(contentwise) but I don't have any host neither domain. I am worried of loosing the domain which I want(it is free till now).I want to get my site up asap.

Thanks
Arpit

All suggestions are welcomed.
Are you for real?

__________________
- ashridhar
http://www.photoswift.com



  #3  
Old 01-11-2006, 06:17 AM
njean njean is offline
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: WHT!
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by poseidon
I was not able to pay to any of them because I am not credit card certified
You mean you aren't verified? and then, what's the problem with that?

__________________
NetJaguar , LLC: the roaring hosting!
Created for beginners, perfect for pro's!
Direct Admin with Installatron - Linux Hosting - try us before you pay


Sponsored Links
  #4  
Old 01-11-2006, 06:18 AM
HostRefugee-Vince HostRefugee-Vince is offline
Retired Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Quad Cities, Iowa
Posts: 1,597
I am not sure if NameCheap will accept your paypal payment since you are not certified, but it's always worth a shot. http://namecheap.com/.

I am sure as far as hosting goes, there are more than serveral companies here that would be able to meet your needs. Some of these companies would be able to handle your domain registration as well.

Best of luck,

__________________
Need a new Web Host?
Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

  #5  
Old 01-11-2006, 07:11 AM
SimonJohnson SimonJohnson is offline
WHT Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 141
You could always use a host with a different payment processor .....

  #6  
Old 01-11-2006, 08:09 AM
poseidon poseidon is offline
Junior Guru Wannabe
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashridhar
Are you for real?
Yes, shridhar, I am real I am a computer engineering student from Hyderabad,India.
Quote:
You mean you aren't verified? and then, what's the problem with that?
If you don't have your credit card,than you can not get verified by paypal. And companies only accepts verified paypal members due to tax reasons.
Quote:
You could always use a host with a different payment processor .....
I am not sure. I am in India and can only pay through paypal unless the hosts are from India.

P.S. I just tried namecheap as well, but they too are asking for credit card verification.

  #7  
Old 01-11-2006, 09:11 AM
SimonJohnson SimonJohnson is offline
WHT Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 141
So you dont have a Mastercard or Visa ? Just a unverified paypal account....

  #8  
Old 01-11-2006, 10:45 AM
poseidon poseidon is offline
Junior Guru Wannabe
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonJohnson
So you dont have a Mastercard or Visa ? Just a unverified paypal account....
exactly, I have done lot's of online work and clients pay me to my paypal account. This is the first time I am using it to buy something online.

  #9  
Old 01-11-2006, 10:48 AM
njean njean is offline
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: WHT!
Posts: 584
I think it's not a big problem, pick a hosting provider and ask them, but generally a nonverified account is ok.

__________________
NetJaguar , LLC: the roaring hosting!
Created for beginners, perfect for pro's!
Direct Admin with Installatron - Linux Hosting - try us before you pay


  #10  
Old 01-11-2006, 10:54 AM
ScottJ ScottJ is offline
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,356
You can still send money from your paypal account? If you can it shouldnt be a problem.

__________________
Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

  #11  
Old 01-11-2006, 12:18 PM
poseidon poseidon is offline
Junior Guru Wannabe
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 30
Yes I can surely send at max USD $100 to anyone through my paypal.I am still searching for someone to contact me though

Thanks for all the replies.

PS> Yes, some people have pm'ed me. I guess my problem is probably solved.


Last edited by poseidon; 01-11-2006 at 12:33 PM.
  #12  
Old 01-11-2006, 03:11 PM
WarpFactor WarpFactor is offline
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 557
If you don't have a CREDIT CARD to address-verify your PayPal account, you cannot send funds through PayPal, or receive credit card payments. Once you add a credit card to your PayPal, then you will be able to receive credit-card payments and be able to send money to others through PayPal. A PayPal VERIFIED account requires you to add a banking account to your PayPal account so that they can verify your identity and whatnot. You need to add a credit card to your PayPal account before you can send ANYONE money through PayPal -- not just businesses. Good luck.

__________________
John Morris
Warp-Factor Technologies - Shared, Reseller, VPS & Dedicated Hosting
E-Mail: john[AT]warp-factor.net AIM: iiwebwizardii

Reply

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Web Host MonsterMegs Accepts Bitcoin Payment Web Hosting News 2013-03-14 16:28:37
Namecheap Accepts Bitcoins for Hosting, Domain Registration Web Hosting News 2013-03-05 11:57:58
Web Host Hosting.co.uk Now Accepts Bitcoins to Broaden Customer Reach Web Hosting News 2013-02-15 16:00:55
PayPal UK IPN Issues Impact Web Hosts, Users Web Hosting News 2013-02-01 09:34:43
UK Web Host PEER 1 Achieves Level 1 PCI DSS Certification Web Hosting News 2012-06-19 14:57:09


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Postbit Selector

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Login:
Log in with your username and password
Username:
Password:



Forgot Password?
Advertisement:
Web Hosting News:



 

X

Welcome to WebHostingTalk.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

WebHostingTalk.com is the largest, most influentual web hosting community on the Internet. Join us by filling in the form below.


(4 digit year)

Already a member?