Which of these is correct please:
    $xxxxxxx->db->unlock_tables();
    or
    $xxxxxxx->db->unlock tables();
    Bob
    Robert Isaac
    Director/Web Admin
    Volvo Owners Club

What is the name of the class you are trying to access?

The first option looks correct as running $db->lock access() will make php look for the variable 'lock' within that class.
    Hide website errors from your users plus manage all errors from multiple websites in one place FREE...

Codetrail.com: SSL Secure bug-tracking webservice.

I presume you are asking what the x's are, but the one main thing I need to establish is should the underscore be there, between 'unlock' and 'tables'? The code is from a copyrighted script so I don't want to put too muh there without the permission of the owner. Just trying to help troubleshoot a problem.

Bob
    Robert Isaac
    Director/Web Admin
    Volvo Owners Club

looks like unlock_table() is the name of a function. It should use the underscore.
    Before doing this, look for the class file xxxxx and see what exactly the function is written out.

I agree with orbitz.. One way to find the definite answer is to read up on the documentation the programmer hopefully supplied with the script.
    Hide website errors from your users plus manage all errors from multiple websites in one place FREE...

Codetrail.com: SSL Secure bug-tracking webservice.

One way to find the definite answer is to read up on the documentation the programmer hopefully supplied with the script.
    There are also ways to reverse-engineer this information, but really only should be used in exterme emergency situations -- and then only done by skilled programmers.