Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NOT Impressed.

Angry NOT Impressed.

I'm angry and want to vent my fury at WHT, although it's probably more of a mixture of iNet's fault and mine.

STICKIES: Using iNet, I purchased 2 stickies on 01 Jan. One for the Templates/Graphics Offers and Requests, and one for the Other Offers and Requests.

Both were advertising my website <<< my website >>> and each was a post telling people about the site etc. The posts were practically the same, although there was varied content which obviously applied more to selling templates in that forum, and content applying to selling domains/websites in the Other offers forum. So each post was similar, but not identical, I wanted each post to start at the same time, you know, start the advertising campaign at once etc. Each cost $25 for a week, so I paid iNet $50 via paypal, for the stickies to be made the next day, I posted the threads and informed iNet which threads I wanted pinned.

Now when you purchase a sticky, it says (clearly, admittedly) that:
    THERE ARE NO REFUNDS AND NO TRANSFERS ON STICKY PURCHASES FOR ANY REASON!
    NO EXCEPTIONS!
    That's fair enough. They asked me to read some rules, I've read the rules before I thought, I've been a member for well over a year and never breached any rules as far as I know, I didn't think there'd be a problem. The next day I woke up and both threads had been deleted, there were no stickies. I was told the reasons were that I had changed the font size in some writing? That's never been a problem before, but you could just edit it for me right? You don't have to delete it do you? Then I was told I wasn't allowed to place a post in both forums at the same time if they were similar, well I don't see why not if they're sticky - but fair enough, I accept that.

So I contacted WHT through support (2nd Jan), got the abover reply for the reason they were deleted, and was told: 'However we will endeavor to aid as best as possible'. Fantastic. I was then told a day later in the support ticket I could only use one of the stickies with that content, I was annoyed but agreed, and asked them to take my deleted post and put it back. I was then told it was not in their power to do that and they would have to contact iNet.

After some more discussion, I got a reply on 5th Jan telling me that iNet said I can have one sticky for this week, but the other one is non-transferable so I would lose out on the other one, $25 down the drain I assumed, and I'd lost out on 3 days already of my campaign. I replied asking him to do that. Then he told me there were already 2 stickies in the Other offers forum!. There wasn't room for mine! Couldn't iNet have some way of working that out and restricting me from purchasing if that was the case? Shouldn't they stop me from wasting my money like that?

I was then told (6th Jan by now) after asking what to do:
    We have tried to the best of our ability to help your promotion...

At this point the moderation team does not have access to resolve the matter. You will need to contact iNet.
    Well I contacted iNet 1 week ago about a seperate issue, they didn't reply, they're support is terrible.

Soooo, to wrap things up: I probably should have been in the very small percentage of people in the world who read the small print and terms and conditions etc, but I think this support is appalling. It's taken days to resolve a simple issue. Someone somewhere is doing something terribly wrong, I just wasted $50 on nothing, and I can't even do anything about it. Thanks a bunch WHT, you just lost a customer which was about to spend a lot more than $50 on you.

Am I completely in the wrong? Is this all my fault? Should I not at least be entitled to some compensation? A refund? A transferal to another week? A GODDAM EMAIL FROM INET? Words really can't explain my anger, not within those stupid WHT rules anyway .
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 01-07-2006 at 04:15 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Totally with you on that one, That was a compleate time wasting procegure you had to go through. But hey its okay atleast you never lost out 100's. Now that you had your experience share it with others.
      0 Not allowed!

I agree with you on this one as well. People need to step up here, iNet needs to get its act together support wise.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by adam
    I agree with you on this one as well. People need to step up here, iNet needs to get its act together support wise.
    Agreed. I don't see why they would remove threads that you paid for due to font sizes, even if it is in the rules. Paying money and having your sticky removed due to size restrictions is absurd.
      0 Not allowed!

mdempsey,

Take your money elsewhere, where they are capable of providing support. INET have never really understood the concept of excellent customer service. I don't think that attitude has changed, even with the new ownership.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up
      0 Not allowed!

I don't normally agree with these posts, but I am siding with you this time. At minimum, I believe Inet should offer to provide you with a refund for $25 or 1 sticky thread transfer (half of your purchase). Why? Because they sold you a sticky which was not delivered because only 2 can be purchased per forum.
      0 Not allowed!

Hmmm,

I was considering advertising on WHT, but after hearing this story, I think I'll stick to google adwords. Our experience with adwords has been good and promising thus far.

Thanks for the post
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
    mdempsey,

Take your money elsewhere, where they are capable of providing support. INET have never really understood the concept of excellent customer service. I don't think that attitude has changed, even with the new ownership.

Wow, when I posted something like that I got warned like 10 points I think it was.
      0 Not allowed!

If you ordered something they refused to provide, dispute the Paypal charge.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by stealthdevil
    Hmmm,

I was considering advertising on WHT, but after hearing this story, I think I'll stick to google adwords. Our experience with adwords has been good and promising thus far.

Thanks for the post
    You just don't get to the hear success stories on WHT.

I've been advertising with iNET for a few months now and each time went wondefully. The price is right, it works great, and desired results. I can't complain
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sightz
    If you ordered something they refused to provide, dispute the Paypal charge.
    Agreeded. I would be contacting paypal explaining my story. Wouldn't hurt anything atleast. Even if paypal takes the side of inet, atleast you tried. I'm also looking into purchasing advertising on WHT as a stickie post. I better be sure to read the small print on this one.
    Carolina-Host - The final stop for ALL your web site needs!
    US & EU Datacenters | 100% Money back Guarantee | 99.9% Uptime | Weekly Site Backups
    cPanel w/ Softaculous | Webalizer/Awstats | Site.Pro Website Builder | Lite Speed
    Poarch & Associates - Accounting, Tax Preparation, & Payroll Services since 1985
      0 Not allowed!

I'm also looking into purchasing advertising on WHT as a stickie post.
    With sticky posts, there are none available in the shared hosting forum until April Have there really been that many preorders, I would like one sooner.
      0 Not allowed!

Jesus. Guess I'll be waiting untill April
    Carolina-Host - The final stop for ALL your web site needs!
    US & EU Datacenters | 100% Money back Guarantee | 99.9% Uptime | Weekly Site Backups
    cPanel w/ Softaculous | Webalizer/Awstats | Site.Pro Website Builder | Lite Speed
    Poarch & Associates - Accounting, Tax Preparation, & Payroll Services since 1985
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ipotweb
    Agreeded. I would be contacting paypal explaining my story. Wouldn't hurt anything atleast. Even if paypal takes the side of inet, atleast you tried. I'm also looking into purchasing advertising on WHT as a stickie post. I better be sure to read the small print on this one.
    Well, there's the good and bad with that. Good being that you will receive your money back, and the bad being that WHT may disable your account. That wouldn't be good
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L
    Wow, when I posted something like that I got warned like 10 points I think it was.
    I wasn't bashing them. It's just INET have never been known for their great customer service.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up
      0 Not allowed!

Is it my understanding that the majority of you think that because he paid for the stickies, that we should have left them up and overlooked the two broken rules? And had the posts been reported (one infraction was from memory) we should just say in response, "oh that's fine, he's a paying customer so we'll let it slide"?
      0 Not allowed!

AEM,

I disagree: rules are rules.
    Although I do believe he should be able to place his stickies at a later date - at different times (if he didn't get his full amount of time).

That's just me though.
    No one should get any special priveleges (espescially ones to break rules) just because they dish out $.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    Is it my understanding that the majority of you think that because he paid for the stickies, that we should have left them up and overlooked the two broken rules? And had the posts been reported (one infraction was from memory) we should just say in response, "oh that's fine, he's a paying customer so we'll let it slide"?
    No, we are simply saying when a customer pays for something it is better business practice for you to let them know what the problem is before totally removing the stickie that they paid for.

I would say go to your credit card company and dispute the payment, if they did this to me I would do that.
      0 Not allowed!

They weren't sticky at the time of removal, he contacted us later to say they were due to be stickied and we told him what the problem was.
      0 Not allowed!

He didnt disagree to sort the problem out did he? If there were not stickied at the time then why what happened to his two stickies he had purchased?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L
    10 warning points for sharing a fact?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by onerisk
    He didnt disagree to sort the problem out did he? If there were not stickied at the time then why what happened to his two stickies he had purchased?
    Moderating and advertising campaigns are separate areas. We don't know who purchased stickies and we don't have access to fix stuff.
      0 Not allowed!

Hey guys, didn't expect to get so much positive repsonse.

Contacting paypal:
    Is it worth it? The support was poor and in my and most of your general opinions, this shouldn't have happened, I don't think it's morally right. But morals isn't what Paypal would look for, I broke the rules () which were stated, do I even have a case?

Also, the WHT mods. I'm not impressed with the time it takes for things to get sorted, but I don't blame them. They don't get paid from what I know, and I think it's iNet's problem and not theirs. Both admins who "helped" were anon-e-mouse and Oddfact, they tried to help, although they failed - they tried.

I think iNet's effort is appalling, and I think they need some real support. Live support with direct answers, I want help and I want my hard earned cash to be put to something worthwhile, not put down the drain.

I appreciate there are success stories with iNet, and congratulations to those related. Aussie Bob, I'd love to take my money elsewhere, but anyone who knows me and my site, knows I'm 16, I have no money and I'm running a service for free. That $50 meant a lot more to me than you'd know .
      0 Not allowed!

My experience with paypal, if you havent brought a physical good then you wont get a refund no mater how much evidence you provide, all they will do is put a mark against there account to take into account the next time someone disputes a payment. Its always best to pay by credit card so then you could just do a charge back.
    http://www.goodridgeelec.com
    Electrical Contractors, West Midlands, UK
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by onerisk
    10 warning points for sharing a fact?

Yes, I said something with how Inet just wants to make money or something. I do not see how that is any different here at all.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast