hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : WebHostPlus is at it again.
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

WebHostPlus is at it again.

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Disabled

WebHostPlus is at it again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	spammers.gif
Views:	302
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	9010

Way to be an honest host..

ers

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Web Hosting Master

Dear Clients, WebHostPlus would like to wish a Happy New Year. WebHostPlus is proud to announce the New Year specials on our Dedicated Servers. We are giving free upgrade to a P4 2.4 CPU, as well as Free Cpanel with Fantastico for only $99.99 with no setup fees and no hidden fees on our dedicated 100 server. Please mention this email in the comments and put P4 2.4 so your CPU will be upgraded. You can also get additional 10% off that as well. WebHostPlus is proud to announce free Plesk and Free Cpanel for any Dedicated Server. Feel Free to take advantage of this great offer. Sign up now and get an additional 10% off by using code “whpp4” of the already reduced price! Take advantage of a unique way to run your own server, affordably! Our Cpanel and Helm Fully Managed Dedicated Servers are the perfect solution for small- to medium-sized businesses, programmers, webmasters and web hosting resellers. All plans come with 24/7 active port monitoring including SSH and Cpanel service monitoring, free backup drive and 24/7 live support. Combined with our top-notch connectivity and support, this technology is a powerful answer to modern hosting needs. Please follow this link to view the Cpanel Fully Managed Dedicated Servers: Please follow this link to view the Helm Fully Managed Dedicated Servers: Please consult with one of our sales representatives on the live chat about more unadvertised specials that we have. All of the packages have a 30-day money back guarantee. All of our clients receive our 24/7 Support, Monitoring and access to our state of the art Trouble Ticket System for instant response to all of your issues. Feel free to sign up online or contact our sales department at sales@webhostplus.com or 201.520.1800 or toll free 877 HOST PLUS for more details. Reply with “remove” in the subject

-

I'm not a client - what the?

Old 01-04-2006, 01:02 AM
Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark L
Dear Clients, WebHostPlus would like to wish a Happy New Year. WebHostPlus is proud to announce the New Year specials on our Dedicated Servers. We are giving free upgrade to a P4 2.4 CPU, as well as Free Cpanel with Fantastico for only $99.99 with no setup fees and no hidden fees on our dedicated 100 server. Please mention this email in the comments and put P4 2.4 so your CPU will be upgraded. You can also get additional 10% off that as well. WebHostPlus is proud to announce free Plesk and Free Cpanel for any Dedicated Server. Feel Free to take advantage of this great offer. Sign up now and get an additional 10% off by using code “whpp4” of the already reduced price! Take advantage of a unique way to run your own server, affordably! Our Cpanel and Helm Fully Managed Dedicated Servers are the perfect solution for small- to medium-sized businesses, programmers, webmasters and web hosting resellers. All plans come with 24/7 active port monitoring including SSH and Cpanel service monitoring, free backup drive and 24/7 live support. Combined with our top-notch connectivity and support, this technology is a powerful answer to modern hosting needs. Please follow this link to view the Cpanel Fully Managed Dedicated Servers: Please follow this link to view the Helm Fully Managed Dedicated Servers: Please consult with one of our sales representatives on the live chat about more unadvertised specials that we have. All of the packages have a 30-day money back guarantee. All of our clients receive our 24/7 Support, Monitoring and access to our state of the art Trouble Ticket System for instant response to all of your issues. Feel free to sign up online or contact our sales department at sales@webhostplus.com or 201.520.1800 or toll free 877 HOST PLUS for more details. Reply with “remove” in the subject

-

I'm not a client - what the?
Exact same one I got. TWICE.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2006, 01:14 AM
Web Hosting Master

Same here....

I've asked to be taken off, never happened.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:22 AM
antitheistic atheist

ScreamingEagle,

I completely understand how obnoxious WHP's spam is. I would, however, like to take this opportunity to ask you to please refrain from posting about it every single time you get a spam email from them. This is not WHP's forum and there is nothing we can do about it. Please do not take offense at this, I'm simply asking to please cease with the constant bickering about it. I wholeheartedly concur that it is annoying and immoral and everything else, but enough is enough already. This is not to mention the fact that every time you post about them, you're giving them publicity. Bad publicity is still publicity and they've probably made sales off your posts.

Thanks and no hard feelings...

Old 01-04-2006, 02:24 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico
ScreamingEagle,

I completely understand how obnoxious WHP's spam is. I would, however, like to take this opportunity to ask you to please refrain from posting about it every single time you get a spam email from them. This is not WHP's forum and there is nothing we can do about it. Please do not take offense at this, I'm simply asking to please cease with the constant bickering about it. I wholeheartedly concur that it is annoying and immoral and everything else, but enough is enough already. This is not to mention the fact that every time you post about them, you're giving them publicity. Bad publicity is still publicity and they've probably made sales off your posts.

How about you don't click the thread then?

Seriously. If you have that much of a problem with his posts...don't click the thread that has "WHP" in the title.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:26 AM
antitheistic atheist

It's just become spam to me - I usually don't click the posts. This has got to be one of the most talked about subjects and all it does is give them publicity and sales.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:28 AM
Web Hosting Master

A thread about them spamming gives them sales? Is that what you just said?

I'm surprised that a topic that's "looking down" on them gives them sales... I never thought it would actually.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:30 AM
antitheistic atheist

Not directly- but the more their name is brought up, the more publicity they get; which, in the long run, leads to them getting sales. People see "webhostingplus" being constantly brought up, regardless of what the thread is about, people get curious about them.

Old 01-04-2006, 04:18 AM
Web Hosting Master

Hm. Before seeing all these threads, I saw one of their offers, got to talking on live chat and was scared to death by the person on the other end.

I couldn't even tell he/she was writing a sentence - or if they even knew what they were doing - it was awful. I never looked at them again.

Maybe that's how they got my email...

Old 01-04-2006, 06:52 AM
Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico
ScreamingEagle,

If people are stupid enough to read threads about someone spamming, and sign up. Then that's good for them.

The way I see it. The more topics, the more awareness. There are new members joining here everyday. A lack of threads will probably represent a cease of the problem to them.

I respect your opinion on it, but I have my own reasons for posting this thread. If you don't like it, you're more than welcome to inquire to a moderator.

Old 01-04-2006, 07:18 AM
Community Leader

Their spamming is well documented. Do something constructive and report the spam instead of giving them more publicity here.

Closed Thread

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted