Thread: advice!!!

* advice!!!

Hi, I just started reselling webhosting and have run into a interesting customer.

The basic details of it is he wanted a 10 day trial and said that he would pay by money order if he liked it. I did not have many customers at the time so I decided to say OK to the request and allow him to pay by money order.

Anyway, he liked the service after the 10 day trial, but the money order was a little late, so I suspended the account until I received it. During the whole time on IRC Chat he said that he had sent the money order for two months of payment, and then after that he asked me to send it back (about 3 times) and then every time after he asked me to keep it - he was having trouble making up his mind.

In the end, on the day that I received the money order he said to keep it and that was final, so I cashed the money order. It currently has a three week hold on it.

Anyway, now he wants me to send back the money order (full amount) to him. I have explained many times that it has already been cashed and now he is saying I will receive a letter from his lawer.

So, question: should I somehow get my bank to release the money order and send it back to him, or possibly wait for the bank to process it and then send him a month's payment back?

Thanks for your help, sorry if its a little gibirish but its complicated

Ryan
    TRILynx.net

It 'is' a little complicated, because we don't know your chat conversations with him, or your original agreement.
    Suspending a site is a sure way to get someone's attention. But, it can also lead to someone having second thoughts about your services. How "late" was the money order? After you received it; did you notice that it was, at least, purchased when he said it was?

Maybe you should refund his money. Maybe you should provide him the service. But, since your question was, "should I somehow get my bank to release the money order and send it back to him, or possibly wait for the bank to process it and then send him a month's payment back?," I would say to just send him the money now and be done with it. Of course, on a personal level, I would try to still work things out with him. Since he liked the service. But, I imagine, he didn't like being suspended and this is his reaction to that.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

well, he actually suggusted I suspend the services lol, but what he wants is to leave to goto a dedicated server.

Either way, I cannot send him any money until the money order goes through, which is three weeks