hosted by liquidweb


Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Software and Control Panels : Why Kayako's Support Sucks - Inside Story!
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

Why Kayako's Support Sucks - Inside Story!

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Hosting Software and Control Panels Subscription
 
Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-27-2005, 03:47 PM
Nick H Nick H is online now
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,803

Why Kayako's Support Sucks - Inside Story!


Well, many of you are going to take this as a rant story, but it might explain to some people why Kayako's support might not be the greatest. Varun and I used to get along real great - he'd help me out when I needed it over IM, etc. So, when people started complaining because all their support people were in India and things were slow, I offered my assistance.

So, November 30th, I started off as a super moderator on their forums, and we agreed on a pay rate to be paid to me every 2 weeks. On December 15th, after my first 2 weeks, I began development on my own billing/support system. So, to avoid conflict of interest, I told Varun I would need to resign my position as moderator instead of continuing and possibly advancing to a full time support rep when I may have to resign later. He took it fine...

So, I sent him a PayPal bill for the agreed amount on December 19th. After 3 days, he still hadn't paid it, so I sent him an e-mail personally. No response. Then, 3 more days passed by, and I sent a ticket in to their Billing Department. Hiren replied to me and told me: "I have no idea what this payment is about. I guess it was Varun who had hired you to moderate forums. He is currently out of office and is expected to return in a couple of days." Funny part about that is that Varun was not out of the office on the 15th, or the 19th, because I spoke to him both days on AIM.

So, just an idea of maybe why Kayako's support sucks -- I wonder if they fail to pay all their staff.

On a side note, I am now using Cerberus from HelpDeskHost (http://www.helpdeskhost.com)...which is a really great new service from SolidPHP. MUCH better than Kayako ever thought of being. I get personal attention from their staff, really fast responses, and it's cheap too. I encourage anyone using Kayako to get away while you can and get Cerberus...I'm sticking with it, and will be integrating it with my new billing system I'm developing. Kudos to SolidPHP and Helpdeskhost.

__________________
Nick Hudson - VP Customer Relations
Eleven2.com Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated & Cloud Servers
Concerned about security? Secure, Control & Monitor Access to Your Logins



Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-27-2005, 04:25 PM
StackHost StackHost is offline
Froggy Support
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,384
Interesting review, thanks.

__________________
FrogJumper.com, Superb Cpanel Web Hosting.
Excellent, High Paying Affiliate Program.

  #3  
Old 12-27-2005, 08:11 PM
papi papi is offline
Web Hosting Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 349
everyone should drop their $300-500 licenses and countless hours of work/integration because you're having a hissy fit about not being paid for 2 weeks of 'forum moderation' ? Since when is that even 'work'!! What a pointless thread.

Let my comments not detract from the fact that Kayako's support is non existant.

Sponsored Links
  #4  
Old 12-27-2005, 08:18 PM
Nick H Nick H is online now
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by papi
everyone should drop their $300-500 licenses and countless hours of work/integration because you're having a hissy fit about not being paid for 2 weeks of 'forum moderation' ? Since when is that even 'work'!! What a pointless thread.

Let my comments not detract from the fact that Kayako's support is non existant.
It's not the point of what the work was -- the point here is that Varun has not made payment to me as agreed. When you make an agreement, you should live upto it.

__________________
Nick Hudson - VP Customer Relations
Eleven2.com Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated & Cloud Servers
Concerned about security? Secure, Control & Monitor Access to Your Logins

  #5  
Old 12-27-2005, 08:35 PM
adam adam is offline
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Under the sea
Posts: 4,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by papi
everyone should drop their $300-500 licenses and countless hours of work/integration because you're having a hissy fit about not being paid for 2 weeks of 'forum moderation' ? Since when is that even 'work'!! What a pointless thread.

Let my comments not detract from the fact that Kayako's support is non existant.
Stop trolling in his thread. If he was promised a set amount of money for the work then he should get it.

  #6  
Old 12-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Jim_UK Jim_UK is offline
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by DediCentral
So, I sent him a PayPal bill for the agreed amount on December 19th. After 3 days, he still hadn't paid it, so I sent him an e-mail personally. No response. Then, 3 more days passed by, and I sent a ticket in to their Billing Department. Hiren replied to me and told me: "I have no idea what this payment is about. I guess it was Varun who had hired you to moderate forums. He is currently out of office and is expected to return in a couple of days." Funny part about that is that Varun was not out of the office on the 15th, or the 19th, because I spoke to him both days on AIM.
So you sent the ticket on the 25th Dec and Hiren said he is away and won't be back for "a couple of days", lets say 27-28th Dec. What has it got to do with the situation whether he was away on the 15th or 19th? You're hardly giving him much time to sort the issue out after returning from his trip before posting here are you?

__________________
Clook Internet
UK based web hosting, reseller accounts and fully managed dedicated and virtual servers! In our 12th year and counting...


  #7  
Old 12-27-2005, 09:26 PM
Nick H Nick H is online now
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK
So you sent the ticket on the 25th Dec and Hiren said he is away and won't be back for "a couple of days", lets say 27-28th Dec. What has it got to do with the situation whether he was away on the 15th or 19th? You're hardly giving him much time to sort the issue out after returning from his trip before posting here are you?
No, you misinterpret the timeline

Dec 19: PayPal Invoice Sent to his PayPal Email (Varun was still online and I talked to him earlier that day)

Dec 22: Personally contacted him via email (He had signed on AIM earlier that day as well)

Dec 25: Contacted Kayako via ticket system and received reply yesterday saying he was gone for a few days.

When I sent him a paypal invoice, and emailed him personally...He was still around.

__________________
Nick Hudson - VP Customer Relations
Eleven2.com Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated & Cloud Servers
Concerned about security? Secure, Control & Monitor Access to Your Logins

  #8  
Old 12-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Jim_UK Jim_UK is offline
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,616
I understand the fact that you know he's not around at this time to (a) sort out the issue and/or (b) defend himself so there's little point to this thread if you're expecting it to be resolved.

__________________
Clook Internet
UK based web hosting, reseller accounts and fully managed dedicated and virtual servers! In our 12th year and counting...


  #9  
Old 12-27-2005, 10:10 PM
Nick H Nick H is online now
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK
I understand the fact that you know he's not around at this time to (a) sort out the issue and/or (b) defend himself so there's little point to this thread if you're expecting it to be resolved.
Varun has had a week now to "sort out the issue" and pay me...He has chosen not to, so obviously he needs some encouragement.

__________________
Nick Hudson - VP Customer Relations
Eleven2.com Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated & Cloud Servers
Concerned about security? Secure, Control & Monitor Access to Your Logins

  #10  
Old 12-27-2005, 10:16 PM
TopHostSupport TopHostSupport is offline
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New Jersey USA
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by DediCentral
He is currently out of office and is expected to return in a couple of days." Funny part about that is that Varun was not out of the office on the 15th, or the 19th, because I spoke to him both days on AIM.

You do know he could talk to you from any where in the world on AIM. I really had a chuckle on how you KNOW he was in his office because you spoke to him on AIM.

Personally I think Kayako is a great product and their support is slow but if you know what you are doing there really isn't any need for support directly form them. The product works out of the box (stable version) and their forums have a great deal of information.

  #11  
Old 12-27-2005, 10:17 PM
Nick H Nick H is online now
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMax
You do know he could talk to you from any where in the world on AIM. I really had a chuckle on how you KNOW he was in his office because you spoke to him on AIM.
He can also check his email, and check his helpdesk, and login to PayPal anywhere in the world. How does that make a difference?

__________________
Nick Hudson - VP Customer Relations
Eleven2.com Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated & Cloud Servers
Concerned about security? Secure, Control & Monitor Access to Your Logins

  #12  
Old 12-27-2005, 10:22 PM
TopHostSupport TopHostSupport is offline
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New Jersey USA
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by DediCentral
He can also check his email, and check his helpdesk, and login to PayPal anywhere in the world. How does that make a difference?

I never debated that. I debated what you said. Stay on topic or accusation at hand.

  #13  
Old 12-28-2005, 02:36 PM
Hiren Mehta Hiren Mehta is offline
Disabled
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 29
Hi Nick,
I do not see any reason why you needed to bring this up in WHT. This is nothing but unprofessional! There are no payment issues as far as your forum moderation fee is concerned. Varun or I have never denied your payment, all I asked was for you to wait a couple more days since Varun is indeed out of office. I just had a telephonic conversation with Varun who confirmed that he never had any AIM conversation with you within the last 2 days. Interestingly you have mentioned of having received a reply from me but didn't care to mention it that you received the reply yesterday where I asked you to wait for a couple of days until Varun returns.

Your payment will be made within 2 days when Varun returns. Besides since Christmas we are not fully functional and hence it would have been wise for you to wait for a few days instead of ruining a great relationship, which you claim, Varun and you had over a payment which we never denied.

Regards,

Hiren Mehta

  #14  
Old 12-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Nick H Nick H is online now
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiren Mehta
Your payment will be made within 2 days when Varun returns. Besides since Christmas we are not fully functional and hence it would have been wise for you to wait for a few days instead of ruining a great relationship, which you claim, Varun and you had over a payment which we never denied.
When Varun returns in 2 days and makes the payment to me as agreed, I'll be more than happy to have a moderator delete this thread. However, it does not excuse him from ignoring my e-mails before he went away to wherever he went to. Again, I've nothing against Varun personally, however, he lost any respect he had as a businessperson from me. Had he paid me on the 20th, or responded to my e-mails last week, there wouldn't be an issue, now would there?

YOU are unprofessional.

__________________
Nick Hudson - VP Customer Relations
Eleven2.com Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated & Cloud Servers
Concerned about security? Secure, Control & Monitor Access to Your Logins

  #15  
Old 12-28-2005, 02:46 PM
Jim_UK Jim_UK is offline
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,616
In my opinion this thread says more about the OP than it does about Varun/Kayako.

__________________
Clook Internet
UK based web hosting, reseller accounts and fully managed dedicated and virtual servers! In our 12th year and counting...


Closed Thread

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Bitcoin Exchange Blames Data Center Provider for $100,000 Theft Web Hosting News 2014-03-20 13:48:19
Managing a Completely Remote Workforce Web Hosting News 2014-01-06 13:02:10
Weekend Reading: Top Web Hosting Stories from the Week of September 3 to 7 Web Hosting News 2012-09-08 16:45:33
Web Host Go Daddy Hires Ad Firm Deutsch to Produce Olympic Marketing Campaign Web Hosting News 2012-06-15 14:29:07
The Return of our annual Capitol Networking Event Blog 2012-06-15 14:26:56


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Postbit Selector

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Login:
Log in with your username and password
Username:
Password:



Forgot Password?
Advertisement:
Web Hosting News:



 

X

Welcome to WebHostingTalk.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

WebHostingTalk.com is the largest, most influentual web hosting community on the Internet. Join us by filling in the form below.


(4 digit year)

Already a member?