Smile Two months review: Layered Technologies (layeredtech.com) and Hostinganddesigns.com

My reviews of Layered Technologies (layeredtech.com) and Hostinganddesign.com (A LT reseller)

Since I’m known for my critical reviews and research on “bad” hosting companies, I finally have some good reviews.

I have used dedicated and VPS server for a year now. And I have had bad luck when I have chosen hosting companies to my server. Some of them are now gone for ever, others have their problems. But two months ago I found hostinganddesign.com I got my server. Not one minute of downtime, and still running. But I did do some research, and did find out that hostinganddesing was a reseller for LT. And then I saw a ad from LTadmin that got my attention. I got a very good deal direct from LT, and asked hostinganddesign if they had some to go on their price. But they had nothing, so I changed from hostinganddesign to LT.

Up to this weekend I had not have any big problems, but on Sunday, my server had a massive packet loss and high ping times. After four hours I got a reply from LT support, and after 6 hours, my server was moved to another location. The switch I had my server on had been attacked (DDoS).

But they have very good servers and network connection.

I have to say that my server has little traffic and load. I’m only using it for my personal websites, and to hosts some info pages.
    So if I had very big load on my server, I had maybe got more problems. I don’t know. But I’m very happy for my server and the time with Hostinganddesign and Layeredtech.

Hostinganddesign has better and faster support than LT in some cases. So if you want the extra security, you can safely choose hostinganddesign.com. But if you want to deal direct with LT, the best thing are to choose them.
    My Top 20 benchmark list (and review site)
    Powered by: Kimsufi, backed up by: Hetzner, DigitalOcean and Vultr.com
    Also using
    SolaDrive.com (56+ months), KnownHost.com (56+ months)

when i go to hostinganddesign.com i get forwared to http://www.star.info/ .

anyway , good thing layeredtech is doing excellent for you , in fact i am ordering a couple of more servers this week from them.

Sorry, some typo....

Here are the correct webadress: http://hostinganddesigns.com/
    Also using

Nice reviews, a bit short but very to the point.
    DDoS happens, but its good that they moved you so quickly. If you don't mind me asking, how much downtime did you get from the move?
    Thanks,

Thats was very short....from i sent the OK mail, it took only 30 minutes...
    And from the first mail and to the server was moved, only 58 minutes

-----------------------

-----Original Message-----
    From: IP & Network Requests [mailto:ipnet@layeredtech.com]
    Sent: 18. desember 2005 23:57
    To: domain@xxxxxxxxxx.net
    Subject: [LTIPNET #xxxxxxxxxxxx]: Slow uplink to some hosts!

Hello, due to the ongoing issue you have been having, we would like to offer to move your server to a new location in our data center. The server would only be down for about 15-20 minutes. According to your order it also appears your are running Plesk, We would automatically relicense that to the new base ip so you would not have extended down time. The sever ip addresses would change as would the System ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you would like us to relocate your server, please provide the administrator password and the best time to relocate the server.

Thank you,

Jeff
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    -----Original Message-----
    From: IP & Network Requests [mailto:ipnet@layeredtech.com]
    Sent: 19. desember 2005 00:59
    To: domain@xxxxxxxxxxx.net
    Subject: [LTIPNET #xxxxxxxxxxxxx]: Slow uplink to some hosts!

Hello, Your server has been relocated and is back online with the new ip space as follows:
    Please use this information from now on for all support/reboot/etc issues.

Also using

Wow, thats impressive for LT.
    Glad you're happy with them, hope it lasts!

Wish I could say the same for LT. I am very disappointed in them.
    Follow me
    on
    twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by LBX
    Wish I could say the same for LT. I am very disappointed in them.
    what was your experience if you dont mind me asking . i had a few problems in the beggining with them but that soon changed i gave them a chance like i give everything a chance to , and its excellent now.

I have a high traffic server with LT, and I couldn't be happier with them. I bought one of their $99/month plans, which is about industry average for the specs, but their service response time is real fast. Especially for reboots.

Quote Originally Posted by peruviantalk
    what was your experience if you dont mind me asking . i had a few problems in the beggining with them but that soon changed i gave them a chance like i give everything a chance to , and its excellent now.
    I will post my story after I get the last server canceled there. Basically it boils down to unethical business practices.
    Follow me
    on
    twitter!

You know I've heard nothing short of horror stories about LT and their handling of secuirty issues, etc. specially abuse issues and how little time is given. Well after being a client with LT for about 3 months, we had our first abuse issue.

The top most thing to point out was LT was good enough to include ALL the relevant information in the abuse ticket for us to take action on. With that said and done, we took immediate action and issue resolved.

I was apprehensive of LT's ability to handle abuse tickets specially with the short-time they give to remedy the situation, but all-in-all I am very pleased by it all.

LT has so far been good to me. *knock on wood* I'm very much suprised as how LT helped you move during a DDoS attack on a switch. Good proactive engagement there. Does a lot to "slowly" (emphasis supplied) reimposse confidence in LT again for those who have lost it.
    "I drink too much. The last time I gave a urine sample it had an olive in it. ".
    Rodney Dangerfield (from "I Get No Respect!").

I will hold WHT updated on my server at LT. I will post reviews every month.