How to use SSL on WHM 4.7.0

I am a reseller and my server is with:
    WHM 4.7.0
    Cpanel 4.7.0-95
    RedHat 7.2

Seeking help on understanding the SSL [SSL/TLS] function available in the WHM? How it works and how can I let my customers use it?

Thanks a lot

Hi,

We don't let our resellers install ssl certs because of the tendency to crash apache by doing it incorrectly.

This I believe has been addressed by dark orb but we still aren't 100% happy with resellers installing their own certs just in case, so install them all for them.

If your host allows you to do this, then ask them or send the ssl certs to them to install for you.

Hello
    DO you mean shared SSL so they get to use your certificate?

Here is how you do it.

Find out what your server host name is.
    This must be pointing to the main IP of your server (its best of it is).
    Should be something like host.domain.com

Go to WHM
    Create a certificate signing request for host.domain.com

Got to an SSL certificate issuer like Thawte or Geotrust (quicker).
    Order the certificate.

When they supply the certificate go back to WHM to install it.
    Install it on the servers main IP address and as user root.

Now your users will be able to access their pages securely by going to https://host.domain.com/~username

We have this on all our Cpanel servers and it works fine.
    Sometimes WHM does not install the cert correctly and you have to edit the httpd.conf manually.

Gordon
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

haven't installed one in a while, so did cpanel fix that IE issue yet? Might be worth mentioning if they haven't.

When you go to install the cert by pasting it into the form fields and hit 'Do It' you may find nothing happens (as if the button is broken). Just switch to netscape and it'll work fine. Learnt that one a while back the hard way

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

I did one this week and it worked (first time I have ever got one to install through WHM) so it looks like it was fixed when they updated the SSL management system.

Just a pity that the javascript that creates an account "name" on the new account form allows usernames beginning with figures.

Gordon
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com