shared hosting with LDAP

Hi, does anyone know of a good (and affordable) shared hosting service that provides LDAP databases?

I'm doing some work for a non-profit foster care & adoption agency that can't afford a dedicated server, but I sure would love to give them an LDAP database...it seems to be a rare feature in shared hosting.

All suggestions appreciated! - Jennifer

Hmm, trying doing a search on the forum or on google. Is there a specific reason why you want an LDAP database over, say, MySQL or postgre?

Yeah, I'm setting up egroupware for them. I will be using a mySQL database, but using an LDAP database in addition would make account management much more simple for them.

I do not think you will find anyone. LDAP usually holds critical information and mainly because of it does not offered on shared accounts. You can get a cheap VPS and install it there.

Cheers
    www.guru-host.eu
    Clustered hosting, VPS & dedicated servers in the UK, Germany, France and Greece since 2003.

As asmar says, it will be extremely hard to find a shared host offering this. LDAP is a mission-critical application and, as such, is not suitable for shared hosting.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com