Thread: IDE Raid Array

IDE Raid Array

Hello, My setup includes 2 80GB hd's in a RAID 0 Striping array.
    Server Specs.
    Dual Core Athlon X2
    GB K8NXP-SLI Motherboard
    2GB of RAM.
    It seems when I fooled around the first time trying to fix the install, I didn't install the RAID drivers, because I thought it was only if you were using RAID for your OS. I have a Raptor for my OS. The Raid Array is mean't for my backup data, yes I know its stupid. Anyway. Now, The Media program that comes with NVRAID, Didn't recognize the partition and the Bios Says its a healthy Array, but the Array keeps going back to 2 normal hd's in the bios, then I have to make the same array again to make it healthy. I think its a MBR, or LDM problem. Any GOOD, data tools that will pull my data off the array that is unusable via Windows?
    Next-Generation Game Servers- www.NextGenServers.com - Play On. Fast, Reliable, Low ping, No Lag, full support servers. Providing Professional, Low Cost, but effective services to gamers like you. Providing the nextgen of gaming services.

well, install the drivers then. Go to nvidia.com and download the latest platform drivers for your system. Then install them.

When you first install, you need the drivers so the installer can recognise your hardware (there are the usual ones on the CD, but the nvraid ones need to be added during setup).

I *think* in your case, you didn't need them to reinstall the OS, but now you find you need them to keep the OS from recognising them as 2 drives and obviously ignoring what the bios says.

The Drivers are installed. I have windows x64. Raid drivers are installed. Any Help. To clarify some more I reinstalled with my drivers on a newly bought floppy drive. and It shows it as "unknown" without an exclamation mark. Its an IDE. A tool reads the partition as 150GB but I can't access it via windows. I tried some tools, but they didn't work, probably because its a RAID array.
    Last edited by NitOxYs; 12-13-2005 at 02:11 PM.
    Next-Generation Game Servers- www.NextGenServers.com - Play On. Fast, Reliable, Low ping, No Lag, full support servers. Providing Professional, Low Cost, but effective services to gamers like you. Providing the nextgen of gaming services.