wwwserver-Vibus-Web Hosting UK

Hi
    Anybody know the contact details for any of the above(in title of message) who are incidently all the same hosting providers.
    I am keen to speak to either Jonny Munn Jonny Baird or Bob Carlton I have about 30 accounts hosted by them and their support is absolutly useless.
    All the numbers that show up for them have messages refering you back to their useless helpdesk uk website. Raise a ticket and get no response.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

If you mean Vibus.net try 0800 072 8759

rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Hi
    I have tried that number the support number has an automated message telling you to visit the helpdesk website(From which you get no response) and their sales number asks you to leave a message, the exact same messages also from the web-hostinguk phone numbers

Thanks

+44 2890 873200 or +353 656820133 or +44 2890 873200

Thats from the whois for vibus.net

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

They are the numbers I tried I got them from the same place.
    Also tried Audlyn.net who are also connected to them but based in the isle of man and their number in unobtainable.

web-hosting.uk.com

Sorry to hear it Wanderer. This is very interesting. I'm having big problems with www . web-hosting . uk . com myself.

Their customer service is shockingly bad and I've started a complaint with Trading Standards about what is, in my opinion, misleading hosting-product advertising.

Jonny Munn and Jonny Baird ( jonny @ web-hosting . uk . com ) are names I've seen connected with their operation but Bob Carlton is new to me. I've resorted to writing to them at the Lisburn Road address mentioned on their site. They are not actually based there, but an accountant appears to be (maybe their accountant? but the woman who answered the phone had never heard of them). I don't know... there is way too little transparency here for my liking. The sooner the web hosting sector gets regulated the better. I'll let you know of any developments at my end.

What's the problem? I live round the corner from them, I could send them a little message for you!

I've dealt with Jonny Baird in the past and he's always been very helpful. Hopefully this is some sort of temporary problem.

Hi,

I used to host with wwwweb-hosting.uk.com, their support was great durning the sales and account set process, however when i paid them the money for 1 years worth of hosting i found my self leaaving them after 3 month for another host with better support.

I could not contact them by telephone, i kept trying but was keep getting the answer phone. and their support lines cost 25p / min to call, the host i am with now theres is toll free.

GET YOUR SELFS SORTED OUR WEBHOSTING.UK

Vibus are useless.... I paid them for a domain & personal NS renewal in Jan and I've just found out they let it slip!

Am moving the few domains I had left on there and asking for a refund as I type.

Useless.

I've recently been getting a load of account renewel emails from them despite having cancelled my account with them six months ago. Though I did get a reply when I emailed them to remove my account, again, within a couple of hours.

Hmm doesnt sound good, nice domain name though ....

Have you tried visiting the offices or getting the contact information for the director of the company?

GL.

A few months ago we purchased another hosting company. That company had a dedicated server, plus a couple of reseller accounts still with Vibus. I have to agree that the support via their ticket system is pretty slow. We respond to our client tickets within minutes a lot fo the time and it's frustrating to then have to wait if the domain happens to be on one of the Vibus accounts. We really need to get on with the job of moving the clients all onto our own servers so thatw e can have the control we are used to, and provide the speed of response to clients that they are used to.
    Mick Beeby
    www.reyaltec.com - Quality Helm Dedicated, Reseller & Shared Windows 2003 Hosting. UK & US based servers.
    www.aspbite.com - Modular ASP Content Management System

Quote Originally Posted by bumfilter
    What's the problem? I live round the corner from them, I could send them a little message for you!

I've dealt with Jonny Baird in the past and he's always been very helpful. Hopefully this is some sort of temporary problem.
    Hi

vibus.net seems to be completely down. Tracert does not get anywhere. Emails get bounced. Tel not getting answered. Does anyone know what is going on? Have they gone down finally?

Thanks

Regards

E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>tracert www.vibus.net
    Unable to resolve target system name www.vibus.net.

Quote Originally Posted by yahya01
    Hi

vibus.net seems to be completely down. Tracert does not get anywhere. Emails get bounced. Tel not getting answered. Does anyone know what is going on? Have they gone down finally?

Thanks

Regards

E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>tracert www.vibus.net
    Unable to resolve target system name www.vibus.net.
    Apparently their rackspace provider is moving all their equipment out of Redbus and into IPHouse.

This was started at 4.30am this morning and all of our sites are still offline here at 8.30pm, 16 hours so far.

We've been taking calls all day from the clients that are still on this old Reseller account we inherited.

Apparently notice was posted on their HelpDesk site and via the Helm CP internal messaging system. Unfortunately that's not much use to us as we don't log in there looking for network status notifications all the time. I would have expected an email.

We seem to be at the mercy of the rackspace provider at present as Jonny Baird doesn't have any ETA on when things will be fixed either.
    Mick Beeby
    www.reyaltec.com - Quality Helm Dedicated, Reseller & Shared Windows 2003 Hosting. UK & US based servers.

Curious, I thought the plan was to move everything to Dublin.

Quote Originally Posted by bumfilter
    Curious, I thought the plan was to move everything to Dublin.
    I admit I have made an assumption that it's London based due to Jonny mentioning the rackspace provider. I know that provider has been moving stuff out of Redbus MER to IPHouse recently so put 2 and 2 together.
    Mick Beeby

How long can such a thing take if it is moving to dublin? Would it not have been better if done over a weekend?

Regards

Off peak hours would have been a better idea but maybe there was little or no choice to the timing.

Are they physically moving hardware or is it just transferring files/data?

Any feedback from Jonny Baird, now that it is almost 24 hours since they went offline?

Thanks

Regards

It's still down. None of the phone numbers work - they are unobtainable. Does anybody have a working phone number for Mr Baird?

no one at all on the phones?

Sounds a great service

Dublin DCs must be good for them to move from london.
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHostPro
    no one at all on the phones?

Sounds a great service

Dublin DCs must be good for them to move from london.

They were in Belfast.

It's not that the phones aren't answered, the phones are disconnected :O

They have not moved from London to Dublin. The rackspace provider has relocated from one London DC to another.

My understanding now is that the majority of Vibus services have been restored with a few servers having some hardware issues.

NOTE: I am not a Vibus representative
    Andy
    Resell SSL Certificates - API / WHMCS / HostBill / ClientExec
    Servertastic - RapidSSL, Geotrust, Thawte, Symantec, SmarterTools and more