Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

VPS COLO License File Expired

License File Expired
    cpanel.net
    LTD: 1133397153 NOW: 1134456207

Twice this month wtf are they doing not renewing cpanel?

Did you contact support as it can be the VPS itself. Also check http://verify.cpanel.net to check the state of the license

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

Or it could be that they don't give a crap about the clients and only want $$$.

It sounds like the date is out of sync on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by techsla
    License File Expired
    cpanel.net
    LTD: 1133397153 NOW: 1134456207

Twice this month wtf are they doing not renewing cpanel?

Check your resolver configuration.

I bet you are one of the many who didnt bother to change them from the defualt image

Ping verify.cpanel.net, you probably will get a host not found error

Or it could be that they don't give a crap about the clients and only want $$$.
    My sentiments exactly. Much better options out there for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by PULSE
    My sentiments exactly. Much better options out there for the money.
    I highly doubt this.

PULSE and pusher, have you two ever been VPSColo customers? If so, please provide me with ticket or customer numbers via PMs.

I'd be interested in finding out why you two are disgruntled, to be honest.
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

Is VPSColo owned by dedicated now....? If so that would answer alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Interblaze
    Is VPSColo owned by dedicated now....? If so that would answer alot.
    VPSColo is owned for Fortress Intergrated Technologies (FortressITX)

FortressITX consists of multiple divisions:
    • DedicatedNOW
    • Fortress ITX Enterprise Services (Colocation, Consulting)
    • VPSColo / JVDS
    • Pegasus Web Technologies

ya well im going to add to this...

i had their remote backup service from when rus was with them.

i recently logged in to get a backup of THAT backup and lo and behold, my account was GONE!

no warning, no email, nothing! i dont even know who these people are or how to reach them!

thank god i found this out before i really really needed backups!
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

PULSE and pusher, have you two ever been VPSColo customers? If so, please provide me with ticket or customer numbers via PMs.
    I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you on WHT, my time can be much better spent here. For example, as a consumer, I have a right to express my opinion regarding your services and I will continue to do so. This includes replying to posts where my experiences might be of value to other members.

When something happens once, it's a fluke. When something happens multiple times, it becomes a pattern. If my experience with you is a fluke, then why the defensiveness? That was rhetorical...

Not being defensive, PULSE. I've been on WHT for almost three years now and have made quite a few helpful posts; Everyone that knows me knows that I will go to bat for the customers, even at the company's expense. I'm trying to find out where WE went wrong, so that we can either fix the situation with you or make sure it doesn't happen with anyone else..

It's all fine and dandy to make your opinions known. I have no problems with that. I'd love to see the good and bad about any company. But when an employee is trying to find out what went wrong, you really shouldn't bite the hand that's trying to help ya, know what I mean?

There was no hostility intended with my request, I would ask that you show me the same courtesy.

It's all fine and dandy to make your opinions known.
    Thanks, that is all I wanted to do.

Thanks, that is all I wanted to do.
    To be honest with you Pulse, you seem to me more like a competitor who is attempting to squash consumer interest in VPSColo, or you simply have a grudge against a company for no reason.

You seem intersted in sharing with other potential customers or current customers the fact that you had problems orginally with VPSColo (although you don't state it directly). I dont know whether it was a billing glitch, or a major technical issue, but you remind me of a prosecuteur going to court with no evidence

http://www.imagefreehost.com/files/2...1410065408.gif

...an image logged into the VPSColo helpdesk system. And knowing what help desk system they use was not a random guess. I've got some emails too if you want to see those as well.

In fairness, I've blacked out some unecessary information in the image. The ticket titles were not something any host would like to see made public.

...an image logged into the VPSColo helpdesk system. And knowing what help desk system they use was not a random guess. I've got some emails too if you want to see those as well.

In fairness, I've blacked out some unecessary information in the image. The ticket titles were not something any host would like to see made public.
    Your complaining...because their helpdesk is not customized?

You blocked out the times also, making it impossible for VPSColo to figure out who you are.

I dont understand what the objective of posting such an image was? You wasted all of that time blanking out areas, you could have used that time to explain what your problem is with VPSColo.

You know what,

I'm going to enter into the thread this image

Its very similar...

Would someone mind letting imagefreehost.com that they are making a big mistake by not locking down the directory security?

http://www.imagefreehost.com/files/

Your complaining...because their helpdesk is not customized?
    Ummm...I have no idea where you go that from. I simply provided the evidence that you so desperately wanted regarding my usage of VPSColo's services.

You blocked out the times also, making it impossible for VPSColo to figure out who you are.
    I never asked Douglas for help. My account is cancelled with them so it's a mute point.

I dont understand what the objective of posting such an image was? You wasted all of that time blanking out areas, you could have used that time to explain what your problem is with VPSColo.
    You're right, you don't understand what this entire thread has been about. I simply expressed my dissatifaction with VPSColo's services and showed some proof of using their services. I never asked for help or rectification of issues.

Their opportunity to help me has passed. The time to provide help is during the issue, not after. The goal is not to fix problems, but to make the right decisions the first time around. That's just good business.

What happened between VPSColo and me is really no one elses business. But if you want to force my hand to say that the server was down 3 times over the period of 3.5 months, then I will. I was trying not to go there as those are pretty bad numbers in most peoples book.

I'm sure Douglas will thank you for getting that information out in the open.
    Last edited by PULSE; 12-20-2005 at 09:53 PM.

Ummm...I have no idea where you go that from. I simply provided the evidence that you so desperately wanted regarding my usage of VPSColo's services.
    Well, I dont know what the purpose of the statement below is then....

And knowing what help desk system they use was not a random guess.
    I'm sure Douglas will thank you for getting that information out in the open.
    Yeah. Douglas is a Community Liaison. I think he will be ok.

How about those emails?

You're right, you don't understand what this entire thread has been about.
    I think it started with a cPanel license error, and then esclated into people claiming that VPSColo was probably "pocketing" the money

I will happily provide proof of those emails to Douglas in private if he requests it himself, if he feels the need for further proof that I have used the services of the company he represents.

You are to credit for the proliferation of this thread.

Pulse, my interest was strictly to research the issue and find out what happened. I'm assuming that you actually left before I came on board (I started Labor Day this year), since I have a very heavy hand in account saves. Sales may be my official duty, but that doesn't mean that's ALL I do.

I have every intention on beefing up DedNOW/JVDS/VPSColo's reputation, but if I don't know what some of the past complaints were, then I can't find out what areas we're lacking in.

I would appreciate ticket numbers, they won't be shared here. My PM box is open, so please allow me the opportunity to find out exactly what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas
    Pulse, my interest was strictly to research the issue and find out what happened. I'm assuming that you actually left before I came on board (I started Labor Day this year), since I have a very heavy hand in account saves. Sales may be my official duty, but that doesn't mean that's ALL I do.

I have every intention on beefing up DedNOW/JVDS/VPSColo's reputation, but if I don't know what some of the past complaints were, then I can't find out what areas we're lacking in.

I would appreciate ticket numbers, they won't be shared here. My PM box is open, so please allow me the opportunity to find out exactly what happened.
    Actually,

This image (http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/7...00654084bp.gif) shows that he left around November

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast