ev1servers.net or rackspace.com

which one is better of two
    www.rackspace.com
    www.ev1servers.net

The one you prefer, my personal experience ev1.

However theres only 1 server at rackspace and we have not submitted a ticket in over a year. Only time we haev really spoken too them alot is when it failed, and within a few hours they had already replaced the hdd and where restoring the data off the slave. So RackSpace is also very good.

However depending on your needs I would give ev1 a try.
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: sales@admingeekz.com

LOL - this is like comparing apples and monkeys.

Rackspace is by far the superior hosting provider.
    Adam - AQORN
    Official OpenStack Foundation Member, Corporate Sponsor and AI Research Team
    Our Clients: Facebook | Red Hat | Starbucks | AT&T | HPE | NVIDIA | CrowdStrike | Cisco | Juniper | SAP | Autodesk | SUSE | Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by CALHOST-Adam
    LOL - this is like comparing apples and monkeys.
    I disagree. 99.99999% of the World's population can get to and from work without needing $200,000 Rolls Royce. If you don't need a Rolls Royce, then there is not a reason to compare the two.

EV1 is very good and will work just fine. Just think with the bucks you save, you could buy you a Rolls Royce.
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Rackspace is MANAGED provider (and leader in this business)

EV1 is UNMANAGED provider (and leader in this business as well)

So it's wrong question in a first case.

Basically comes down to how much related experience you have (i. e. Linux, Windows, etc. depending on the OS you want). If you have a good amount to a lot, go with EV1. If you have none, go with Rackspace.

Quote Originally Posted by douglash
    Basically comes down to how much related experience you have (i. e. Linux, Windows, etc. depending on the OS you want). If you have a good amount to a lot, go with EV1. If you have none, go with Rackspace.
    Well said; they are both experts in their own fields, you need to select which field you want to be in...
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

so ,
    Rackspace = Maneged Server + High Price
    Ev1servers =Unmanaged Server + Low Price

Quote Originally Posted by roboxooo
    so ,
    Rackspace = Maneged Server + High Price
    Ev1servers =Unmanaged Server + Low Price
    Almost there, so roboxooo have you decided which provider to go with?

Quote Originally Posted by PSFServers
    I disagree. 99.99999% of the World's population can get to and from work without needing $200,000 Rolls Royce. If you don't need a Rolls Royce, then there is not a reason to compare the two.

EV1 is very good and will work just fine. Just think with the bucks you save, you could buy you a Rolls Royce.
    Er,

Can you tell me what/why 0.00001% of the worlds population, or 65,000 people can't get to work without needing a $200,000 Rolls Royce?

Inquiring minds want to know!
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com

Because some people like to be flash and would not go otherwise
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.Mc
    Because some people like to be flash and would not go otherwise
    Obviously you're unfamiliar with the terms "Can't" and "need", as opposed to "wont" and "want".

In this case it means the same, because they can't! get to work, some of them can't! get seen in anything less, or atleast in their own minds they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.Mc
    In this case it means the same, because they can't! get to work, some of them can't! get seen in anything less, or atleast in their own minds they do.
    Again, you mean "wont".

If you tazer them, throw cuffs on them, and slap them in the back of a Kia Spectra, they "can" and "will" be seen in "anything less", theres nothing physically stopping them.

Not really some people can convince themselfs so much that they physically cannot do somthing that makes no sense to any normal person.

Who cares? Let's stick to the topic.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by GT.Eugene
    Almost there, so roboxooo have you decided which provider to go with?
    Currently i am thinking to host on a shared host . Later if traffic increases then i will switch to ev1servers.com

Do a search in the OUTAGES forum and find out how many threads discuss outages by Rackspace versus how many threads discuss outages by EV1 and then decide how important uptime and network reliability is to you.

*1* maintenance window announced by Rackspace
    compared against
    *22* threads about EV1/Rackshack going down or appearing to be down.

I know a listing in the Outages forum doesn't mean you're down but it is indicative of a network that is good versus one that just plain ROCKS.

Remember we're talking about which provider is better- not which is less expensive. And the car analogy is meaningless because we're talking about which car is *better* - not which car is cheaper. You can drive a Jaguar but as they say about Jaguar - own 2 so while one is in the shop, you'll have the second one to drive. Price means nothing (directly) in an argument concerning quality.
    Adam - AQORN
    Our Clients: Facebook | Red Hat | Starbucks | AT&T | HPE | NVIDIA | CrowdStrike | Cisco | Juniper | SAP | Autodesk | SUSE | Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by roboxooo
    Currently i am thinking to host on a shared host . Later if traffic increases then i will switch to ev1servers.com
    Excellent move. You'll hear me barking about how I think one network is better than the other, but I will say that EV1 is a good stepping stone on any webhost's growth path. They have a solid network, reliable support and good prices. Perfect for any start-up with limited funds.

Good luck!
    Adam - AQORN

Well I have experience with both web hosts and you really should not compare rackspace and ev1 servers considering huge price difference between both web hosts. Ev1 servers.net is one of the best cheap server provider and i don't think ev1 servers support is that better when compared to rackspace.com but again they don't charge that much. The price difference is almost 2.5 times. Rackspace have fanatic customer support but they charge 2.5 times more then ev1servers so it has to be better.

If you don't bother about money and want 100% uptime with fanatic / instant support go with rackspace.

regarding network uptime, i think i had 100% uptime with both providers.

btw, webhostingtalk.com is also hosted on rackspace network.
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

I have more positive experiences with Rackspace. Without a doubt, one of the best network around (mainly because they don't oversell it). Techs are well-trained and by far one of the most professional in the business. (They are also the only one who send me Christmas greetings this year )

However you do need to think about:
    1. What do you wish to host? Is it something that must be always up?
    2. How critical is what you want to host?
    3. Do you know how to run around a shell environment and manage your own server?
    4. What's your expected budget?

Once you have all these answers, it should naturally guide you towards one or the other, as others have mentioned, they are both quite different.
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••