Question Company Intranet

I am going to set up one of my first dedicated servers. I know this isn't completely geared towards hosting, but Is there a good product anyone knows of for a company intranet where people can log in, create directories and folders, etc. I'm looking for this in a Windows environment and my skills are minimal, however I'm willing to learn.
    Thanks for

Most company intranets are hosted internally, (on-site), but you can definitely host it off-site, you just want to make sure that any sensitive information is protected properly.

If you are going to host this offsite or onsite i think you should look into sharepoint for windows. From the brief description of your needs sharepoint should take care of your needs.
    SuperiorWebWorks
    24X7 Online & Telephone Support
    Shared, Dedicated & Co-Location Hosting.

Also check out http://www.intranetdashboard.com/ (also requires Windows/IIS platform). There are also several great Linux alternatives out there, but I'm at a loss to find any. Maybe somebody can post a list.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

For an intranet, check out HummingBird rpoducts. They have some great GUI tools for admins and users.
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog