Thread: Question?

Question?

Do you think it's important that ecommerce site should advertise their security on their sites? Need your feed back

Thanks,
    James

Definitely, SSL security is central to providing a sense of protection for your consumers.
    FrogJumper.com, Superb Cpanel Web Hosting.
    Excellent, High Paying Affiliate Program.

Besides SSL certificates, what do you think about Hacker, ID theft, Business background review certifications?

Interesting. Where would you obtain these certificates?

I am not sure if customers would necessarily care about the others? I mean, everyone looks for the SSL, but what weight would they give the others?
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

I would agree with that. The truly important thing is SSL encryption.

that is true to, but SSL certificates don't block hackers to jump into the site and steal customers personal information like i.e. person information, names, SS, phone numbers ect... With Hacker certifications, you can block hackers from jumping into the sites and that makes the customers feel safe. Let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesres08
    Besides SSL certificates, what do you think about Hacker, ID theft, Business background review certifications?
    when you say business background review certifications do you mean something like the BBB?
    Cheap Reseller and Shared Hosting - Tekneeks.net
    www.tekneeks.net - affordable cpanel reseller and shared hosting
    www.graphicforge.net - community for graphic and web designers

Shopping Cart Abandonment is a huge issue for ecommerce web sites. Anything you can do to bolster your customers confidence will help you increase your sales. Advertising that your web site is Hacker proof, guaranteed against ID theft etc. is a good idea.
    Alex B.

Yes it's a great way to egg people on to mess with your stuff.

jamesres08: didn't you guys partner up with varilogix?
    Webair Internet Development Inc.
    Shared Hosting Managed Dedicated Servers SEO
    1.866.WEBAIR.1 www.webair.com 24/7/365 Support Adult Friendly
    My comments do not reflect the views of the company or its management.

Showing an SSL cert logo on your page, along with an ID theft guarantee would go a long way to making your customers feel secure.

Remember, most people only see HTTPS and they feel better. Images will also help (for those who are not as educated as us in ecommerce).

It's the same principle as having an offline shop. The brighter looking, safer looking it is, the more people will want to shop there.

Yes, I do mean like BBBonline. The reason why I am asking these types of questions is because we are a company that provides these types of services. If you see the banner at the top of this page, that is us.

Yes, Gene we did partner up with Varilogix. Give me a buzz, would like to speak to you about the partnership we have with them. My direct number is 770-618-3093.

I'll give you a call tomorrow afternoon, might be a little late now.
    Webair Internet Development Inc.
    Shared Hosting Managed Dedicated Servers SEO
    1.866.WEBAIR.1 www.webair.com 24/7/365 Support Adult Friendly
    My comments do not reflect the views of the company or its management.

F9- Gene - I will be in and out of meetings today so if you don't get me live, please leave your name and contact number and I will gat back to you. Thanks!!

Hello,
    I think that kind of sites shouldnt advertise on this matter because some users want to try hacking or attacking on these issues.

This is only a view

Thank you

With the amount of security threats related to the internet on the news these days I think it's important an ecommerce website should notify visitors that their transactions are safe, and explain some of the security in place - definetly.

Although obviously I dont think its a good idea to publically broadcast the insecurities of a website for potential hackers!