HiVelocity Billing

I got quite a dilemma here, a friend on #seo on Efnet told me about this thread, so I went on WHT had a look and was impressed with the offer, so I went online and talked to the guys at HiVelocity.

I ordered a server on Nov 23 and on Nov 24 I made the wire transfer - full payment for a year. A wire transfer usually takes around 3-4 days, so I sit around and wait, no problem.

After that time passed I contacted HiVelocity and asked them what was up. and they said that they had not recieved my money.

I went on to my bank, printed and took a screenshot of the reciept from my transfer and emailed that to HiVelocity so they could investigate from their end. I also contacted my bank and asked them to do a trace of where my money went.
    A couple of days later my bank comes back and tells me that the money landed as planned and it is up to the recieving bank to credit the money.

Ok back to emailing HiVelocity - They still claim no money recieved, this is now December 12 - 2 1/2 after ordering and paying the server, and I am quite frankly getting quite frustrated.

My last couple of emails has been requesting that they send my money back to me, as I am not really interested in dealing with a company that next to impossible to deal with after my money was sent.

Anybody got any ideas what to do?

Kim
      0 Not allowed!

Have you tried posting on their support forum?
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.
      0 Not allowed!

Why would you pay for a year in advance??? Never EVER pay for a year in advance for hosting. Also it might be worth trying to get a debit card from your back instead of using wire transfers in the future. A debit works just like a credit card only the money comes right out of your bank account.

Also, you might be able to file a fraud report with your bank in-order to get your money back from hivelocity.
      0 Not allowed!

A couple of days later my bank comes back and tells me that the money landed as planned and it is up to the recieving bank to credit the money.
    I am guessing here
    a) are you from outside the US?
    b) has the recieving bank ACTUALLY credited the money to HiVelocity?

If HiVelocity has not actually received the money, it seems that your gripe is with how the banks are holding the money to make sure that it clears. It would be of interest to see WHEN HiVelocity is credited versus when you sent it -- and your bank must provide that info.

I have seen foreign wire transfers take 10 days
      0 Not allowed!

Hymm.. Some banks are just plain slow, really its not all their fault, their bank is probably slow on posting credit transactions, or maybe have a lengthly verification process. They are a legit company and I doubt they would swing with your money.
    Ryan Dubois
    Director of Sales
    Hostbusters Web Solutions
    www.thehostbusters.com
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by netguard
    I got quite a dilemma here, a friend on #seo on Efnet told me about this thread, so I went on WHT had a look and was impressed with the offer, so I went online and talked to the guys at HiVelocity.

I ordered a server on Nov 23 and on Nov 24 I made the wire transfer - full payment for a year. A wire transfer usually takes around 3-4 days, so I sit around and wait, no problem.

After that time passed I contacted HiVelocity and asked them what was up. and they said that they had not recieved my money.

I went on to my bank, printed and took a screenshot of the reciept from my transfer and emailed that to HiVelocity so they could investigate from their end. I also contacted my bank and asked them to do a trace of where my money went.

Ok back to emailing HiVelocity - They still claim no money recieved, this is now December 12 - 2 1/2 after ordering and paying the server, and I am quite frankly getting quite frustrated.

My last couple of emails has been requesting that they send my money back to me, as I am not really interested in dealing with a company that next to impossible to deal with after my money was sent.

Anybody got any ideas what to do?

Kim
    We have called the bank on this wire transfer no less than 6 times over the last few weeks. The folks at the bank have no record on your payment. We have provided them with the amount we expected, the location it was coming from and anything else relevant to the transaction and they DO NOT HAVE ANY PAYMENT.

I am going to contact the bank again today personally and see what I can figure out for you. I do believe you sent the payment, so the bank has screwed up somewhere. The people who work at banks are human too so perhaps they mistyped the account # and sent it to someone elses account.

I will PM you with any update I have for you.
      0 Not allowed!

I have contacted our bank again and given them all of the information you have supplied with your screen shot. They have no record of your payment. They have advised me to have you contact your bank and have them research the transaction. Your bank should be able to get you that money back. Please ask them for the Fed Reference # and have them trace the payment. It was NOT deposited to our account unfortunately.
      0 Not allowed!

I went and saw my bank manager today.

According to her, the transfer was successful on Nov 24. and standard bank practice is if it goes through sucessfully and the recieving bank then has problems finding the right account, they will send a trace back to the sending bank within 4 days, no such trace were sent from your bank.

I have now initiated a full trace of where my money went, this will now incur more fee's which I am sure you will be happy to credit to my account.

I sent you the screenshot of the receipt from the sucessfull transfer along with the contact number of the manager of my bank, she said nobody had been in contact with her from either your bank or your side.

Long story short, the money is in your bank.
      0 Not allowed!

yes

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Nugent
    I am guessing here
    a) are you from outside the US?
    b) has the recieving bank ACTUALLY credited the money to HiVelocity?

If HiVelocity has not actually received the money, it seems that your gripe is with how the banks are holding the money to make sure that it clears. It would be of interest to see WHEN HiVelocity is credited versus when you sent it -- and your bank must provide that info.

I have seen foreign wire transfers take 10 days

Yes I am located outside US

I do have a credit card, but some vendors auto-decline cards from the Philippines where I reside at the moment.

I too have seen transfers take up to 10 days, this is however 21 days, and the sending bank has confirmed that the transfer was a success on Nov 24.
      0 Not allowed!

Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonQ
    Why would you pay for a year in advance??? Never EVER pay for a year in advance for hosting. Also it might be worth trying to get a debit card from your back instead of using wire transfers in the future. A debit works just like a credit card only the money comes right out of your bank account.

Also, you might be able to file a fraud report with your bank in-order to get your money back from hivelocity.
    In this case the 1 year payment was :

1) Not to get hit with a high setup fee
    2) MY credit card did not work with this particular vendor, so I had to transfer the money in to their account.

I see no problem paying up front for a service, I have friends that are happy with Hivelocity, so I did not expect this in any form or way. This might change the way I do things in the future though.
      0 Not allowed!

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    Have you tried posting on their support forum?
    Nope I basically gave up on the direct communication.

I have 3 unanswered emails to them(all 3 sent both to my account manager and CC'ed to billing), so I am sure posting on a Hivelocity moddied site would not bring me anywhere either.

Besides it was from the advertisement post on this forum I decided to get a server with them, so it was quite natural for me to post it here.
      0 Not allowed!

God I'm going to laugh if the screw up is at HV's bank end (and with regard to OPs post good luck getting HV to foot the bill for the trace etc if it is at thier end).
      0 Not allowed!

Problem is that I heard good things about them, and I get in to this mess...

I really just want my money back at this point of time - This is not really the way I want to start a business relationsship with anybody.
      0 Not allowed!

Please send [email protected] any information your bank comes up with. As I said before, we have called the bank many many times now on this issue. They are not able to provide me with ANYTHING about this payment. If we had the money I assure you, you would have a server online. We do not screw people out of their money and anyone that says otherwise I have a serious issue with.

As much as I believe you sent this payment, if my bank has no record of it my hands are tied. I have provided Wachovia with every piece of information on your screen shot, they have found nothing.

So as I said before, send us whatever additional information your bank comes up with and we will continue to research the transaction. Why in the world would we not want to add a new customer? When we figure out which bank is screwing up and find that money, you will get your server promptly.
      0 Not allowed!

As I said, I would rather have my money back at this point. I really do not feel this is the right way to start a ISP / customer relationsship.

Your hands are tied... how???

You say you believe that the money was sent, and you have got sufficient proof from me of that fact as well.

What stops you from, in the name of good customer service setting up my server once you established that this is merely an interbank problem, and whatever happens the money would find its way to you in the end?

I am not ruling out that the problem has been at my bank's end, but after witnessing my bank manager call in to head office, and get confirmation that the transfer was a success I see that as very unlikely.

I did not see you offer to pay my extra expenses in case it is a problem in your end of the transfer?

Bottom line is that I would at this point, as I have also emailed you guys, would prefer to get my money back and start over with a new provider.
      0 Not allowed!

As I said, I would rather have my money back at this point. I really do not feel this is the right way to start a ISP / customer relationsship.

Your hands are tied... how???

You say you believe that the money was sent, and you have got sufficient proof from me of that fact as well.

What stops you from, in the name of good customer service setting up my server once you established that this is merely an interbank problem, and whatever happens the money would find its way to you in the end?

I am not ruling out that the problem has been at my bank's end, but after witnessing my bank manager call in to head office, and get confirmation that the transfer was a success I see that as very unlikely.

I did not see you offer to pay my extra expenses in case it is a problem in your end of the transfer?

Bottom line is that I would at this point, as I have also emailed you guys, would prefer to get my money back and start over with a new provider.
    I am not sure what part of this you don't understand, but they don't have your money. They have checked with their bank and the bank doesnt have your money. There is nothing to refund.

I wouldnt set you up either, until I had money in my account (cash in hand!). Sorry for the fact, but your an out of country customer and in a country with a HUGE amount of online fraud.

You cant attempt to pass blame to HV as much as you want, but this is not their problem and I think they've been extremely helpful thus far.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sirius
    I am not sure what part of this you don't understand, but they don't have your money. They have checked with their bank and the bank doesnt have your money. There is nothing to refund.

I wouldnt set you up either, until I had money in my account (cash in hand!). Sorry for the fact, but your an out of country customer and in a country with a HUGE amount of online fraud.

You cant attempt to pass blame to HV as much as you want, but this is not their problem and I think they've been extremely helpful thus far.

Sirius
    Sirius, it is as much up to the recieving bank to check as for the sending bank - HV's bank cant contact the sending bank to find out what happened ...
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Fernandez
    Sirius, it is as much up to the recieving bank to check as for the sending bank - HV's bank cant contact the sending bank to find out what happened ...
    It is? I guess I missed that part of Banking 101.

Sirius
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

Because it is Business 101? If a business just accepts that anyone's claims of payment are valid, they will quickly be out of business.

Uh, hello? Have you been reading at all? HiVelocity does not have your money. They can't refund it if they don't have it.
      0 Not allowed!

Netguard: The Philippines is absolutely rife with corruption. If you live there, you already know this. My wife is a filipina and we have had terrible problems in the past dealing with Equitable PCI and the PNB (Philippine National Bank) double charging for stuff and losing transactions for weeks at a time. I would highly recommend you go back to your bank and get harsh with them on proving accountability for this money. I am a customer with Hivelocity and I seriously doubt with 99.999999% confidence that it's an issue on their end. But it wouldn't surprise me one single bit if someone at your bank is being shady. My wife read this thread and totally agrees with me. You have to make them accountable or you're going to kiss your money goodbye. I would highly recommend using a PHI branch at Citibank or another reputable International (non-PHI headquartered bank) from now on. Bank of America also has PHI branches if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by dirtbag; 12-14-2005 at 04:43 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I to sent hivelocity a wire transfer for a couple years of service, roughly $5000. I to have never had my server set up either. Brian/Steve please get back to me with how you would like to like to refund my money, trust me your bank has no records of this transfer but I <b>swear</b> I sent it! While your at it please send me a pretty pink poney and a xbox 360 that I can sell on ebay for some outregous amount a few days before christmas.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RossH
    I to sent hivelocity a wire transfer for a couple years of service, roughly $5000. I to have never had my server set up either. Brian/Steve please get back to me with how you would like to like to refund my money, trust me your bank has no records of this transfer but I <b>swear</b> I sent it! While your at it please send me a pretty pink poney and a xbox 360 that I can sell on ebay for some outregous amount a few days before christmas.
    I've talked to Brian and Steve's bank and all is set. I am going to have my long lost uncle, from Nigeria, send you a money order with your refund. Do me a favor, in order to get this moving, I am going to need your bank account, bank pin, ebay user name and password, your wells fargo account number and pin and your SSN.

Sirius
      0 Not allowed!

Let me make one last point about this situation, then I am going to ask the moderators to delete this thread since it is a total sham.

I have talked with the Account Manger who took your order and guess what he told me. While taking your order YOU specifically said it was going to be a problem getting us paid. YOU were not able to pay us with credit card or paypal because YOUR country always made it difficult. YOU said even a wire transfer might be a problem. YOU were the one warning us of the problems that might come up.

Now you want to come here to WHT and try to blame things on us and try to ruin our good name. This is absurd. If I had your money I would refund it to you. We DO NOT have your money and our bank has no idea about your payment. If you want to have a conference call with me and Wachovia then lets do it.

Dont come here and tell me I am giving poor service because I wont give you a free server with the hopes a payment might show up one day. We have spent a long time on many phone conversations with the bank researching this issue for you and Wachovia has NO RECORD of your payment. I dont work at the bank so I can only go by what they tell me. As far as I know Wachovia has never been accused of being corrupt, how about your bank?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RossH
    Your post lost it's comedic value when I stumbled over your improper use of "to."
      0 Not allowed!

Reading through this I finally said wait a minute
    I ordered a server on Nov 23 and on Nov 24 I made the wire transfer - full payment for a year. A wire transfer usually takes around 3-4 days....
    Nov 24th was a bank holiday. The earliest that the US bank could have received the wire info was Nov 28th. Giving the receiving bank 5 business days to credit a foreign wire transfer to HiVelocitys' bank account takes it to Dec 5th.
    You WERE complaining about it before the bank had a chance to move the money.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Nugent
    Reading through this I finally said wait a minute
    Nov 24th was a bank holiday. The earliest that the US bank could have received the wire info was Nov 28th. Giving the receiving bank 5 business days to credit a foreign wire transfer to HiVelocitys' bank account takes it to Dec 5th.
    You WERE complaining about it before the bank had a chance to move the money.
    Doesn't matter about cash appearing in HV's account, if HV contact thier bank on 28th, thier bank can tell them that the cash is in transit, but funds are secured - thus they can setup the server knowing that the money will be there as soon as thier bank decides to actually stop earning interest on it
      0 Not allowed!

Actually I am not at all surprised that it hasn't been cleared. Wires can take time yes longer than 5 even 10 business days. Try going to a Canadian bank and sending money to a US company. Plus you need to have just the right swift code for the bank which is not always what you think. My bank ID in canada is 010 but its swift code was something else entirely. Getting the money in 10 business days would surprise me and what it sounds like is yes the money is confirmed as being sent. There is no way to say that the receiving bank has cleared it and all you can do from the sending bank is say I sent money to this account its probably not even HiVelocity's account.
    Andrť Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support
      0 Not allowed!

Interesting Twist.

Quote Originally Posted by HivelocityGM
    Let me make one last point about this situation, then I am going to ask the moderators to delete this thread since it is a total sham.

I have talked with the Account Manger who took your order and guess what he told me. While taking your order YOU specifically said it was going to be a problem getting us paid. YOU were not able to pay us with credit card or paypal because YOUR country always made it difficult. YOU said even a wire transfer might be a problem. YOU were the one warning us of the problems that might come up.

Now you want to come here to WHT and try to blame things on us and try to ruin our good name. This is absurd. If I had your money I would refund it to you. We DO NOT have your money and our bank has no idea about your payment. If you want to have a conference call with me and Wachovia then lets do it.

Dont come here and tell me I am giving poor service because I wont give you a free server with the hopes a payment might show up one day. We have spent a long time on many phone conversations with the bank researching this issue for you and Wachovia has NO RECORD of your payment. I dont work at the bank so I can only go by what they tell me. As far as I know Wachovia has never been accused of being corrupt, how about your bank?

First you say you believe that I sent you the money, now you turn the table 180 degrees and accuse me of all sorts just because I choose to live in the Philippines. I am not a leech and I am in no way looking for a free server, YOU said yourself that you believed the payment was in transit and I provided you with proof and the means to check further.

Anyway I did NOT tell your account manager that this was going to be trouble, but as we went through the credit card transaction it got declined, I told Drew it had happened before even though the account was fully funded. I then asked for alternative options, because I wanted to get the server set up anyway, I was told Western Union and the wire transfer. I opted for the wire transfer.

As to deleting this thread, I do not see why - But if the moddies seems to think this thread does not belong here, then that must be up to them, I will then have to try other venues to air my problem, however we twist and turn this, it is still a problem.

I am aware this is most likely a bank transfer problem, but given the fact that this was one of HiVelocity's payment options, why should it not be of their concern? Right now I have no idea where my money is, and that is quite disturbing.

Anyway that does not make this a smaller problem and that does not mean that this thread should be deleted, why not make sure that other users thinking about going the same way as I did knows of the piffalls? Had I known or read about this on any of the many boards 3 weeks ago I would not be in this situation either. I would probably have been a HiVelocity customer today, but my method of payment would have been different.
      0 Not allowed!

Listen up guys.

I have in no post said that HiVelocity stole my money.

All I am saying is that they provided me with a payment option, and now 3 weeks after the money left my account I do not have either my money nor the server I ordered.
      0 Not allowed!

I am aware this is most likely a bank transfer problem, but given the fact that this was one of HiVelocity's payment options, why should it not be of their concern?
    If you really have wired a few thousand dollars, I appreciate your concern. However, your beef is with your bank and not HiVelocity. The money is not in their bank account nor has their bank has not received it. What do you expect them to do? I mean, seriously, what more do you really expect them to do - they do not have the money?

Sounds like they have really gone out of their way to try and resolve your problem by phoning up their bank regularly, but what else can they do? Their bank does not have the money, it has no record of the transaction, there was no wire transfer to this bank. And if you expect HV to pick up the bill for the bank's mistake, you have got be crazy. If you paid me with a cheque and the cheque bounced, why would I pay the changes your bank will stick on you?

Try to work with HiVelocity here, not against them, they really do seem to be trying to help you.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tical
    Your post lost it's comedic value when I stumbled over your improper use of "to."
    Probably "its comedic value"...
    :: :: :: :: :: ::
    :: VDSP.Net :: Directory of virtual and dedi serv providers by location and price
      0 Not allowed!

This appears to be something that should be sorted out with the banks concerned. I hope it is eventually resolved for both parties.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.
      0 Not allowed!