Can you buy 30mbps servers? and at hivelocity?

Hey, since hivelocity managers only seem to reply on mondays, i'm looking to you guys for information regarding that connection.

First off, can i leave the 20,50,100mbps setups and do a custom 30mbps one? If not is there anywhere else that offers this?

Try www.orangefiber.com they have alot of solutions like that, just go to the unmetered plans and there will be many different options in relation to what your looking for.
    Ryan Dubois
    Director of Sales
    Hostbusters Web Solutions
    www.thehostbusters.com

You get what you pay for. Enough said.

What is your budget? Do you care if it is managed or unmanaged? Do you care what bandwidth provider(s) are used?
    NEW Hosting solution coming soon....

Do you have a location in mind for your 30Mbps server?

Best,
    Sam
    Sam Machiz / Director, Product Development / Ubersmith
    smachiz[at]ubersmith.com / [direct] 212-812-4194

budget $300. That's $100 for a 10mbps server (very common) and $10 per 1 mbps, which seems to be another common rate.

Mid range server with no extraordinary specs, that can be dealt with later i'm more concerned about who can offer it and whether hivelocity can do this.

You get what you pay for. Enough said.
    huh...

Exactly as I said it - you get what you pay for. Not to flame them by any means, but its pretty low quality bandwidth. If what you are doing doesnt need top notch bandwidth, then I guess that orangefiber or a company similar to them would suit you fine. Good luck finding a provider. By the way..what are you doing exactly? Just curious.

So Netriox, we're talking about OF not HiV right now then? Do they both offer low quality bandwidth?

I need bandwidth that is reliable and accessed worldwide, naturally. What's the difference between OF's and say, LT's

Well hivelocity uses cogent and level 3 in a bgp mix - level 3 isnt that bad, but cogent is fairly down there on the quality spectrum. OF uses cogent and abovenet, so both companies have cogent and one decent provider. Im sure that you know a while back cogent had depeering issues with Level 3 leaving a lot of clients un able to access certain parts of the web. Also I have no affiliation with either company and cannot give any official information about them, just to cover my bases, in my opinion they are waaay overselling their bandwidth - then again maybe they just get really low prices on it and relay that to the client. Ive seen cogent go a few bucks under 10 / mbit, and who knows if they are routing the majority of the traffic over cogent or what. Basicly like I said before, you get what you pay for. They are a cost effective solution though.

--edit--

I forgot to mention that LT isnt even in the same ball park as them, if you want high quality bandwidth for low prices go with LT. If you go to their site you can see more about their providers, however I can tell you they are on savvis bandwidth which is extremely reliable.

Yeah i have a server with LT, it's great but it's not unmetered. I was just looking for a rough comparison between the two.

Thanks for the help, I'm contemplating OF, is it worth it to switch from HIV to OF?

I dont really think so. Just wait until tomorow and talk to a rep from HV, I am sure they will help you.

Not sure about HV's service so can't really say. But I can tell you OF's network and support are great. I can probably put up a speedtest file for you somewhere on one of my boxes if it would help.
    Ryan Dubois
    Director of Sales
    Hostbusters Web Solutions
    www.thehostbusters.com

Sure Dubz, that would be great.