PC Express x16 or AGP?

Well, here's where you all can assist me. I would like experience from those who have these two video technologies. Which one is better? Why?

PCIE is the slot replacing AGP.

Plus the cards are a bit cheaper then AGP for performance.

Go for the PCIE definently.

Was Stevo said, PCIe is newer, faster, and better. Go with it

This is not even a debate.

PCI-Express. Don't even look at AGP. Most new cards these days don't seem to be coming out in AGP anyway.
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I purchased the "SAPPHIRE 100139 Radeon X800GTO 128MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 FireBlade Edition Video Card - OEM" video card and it works nicely, but seems like it still takes time loading things in World of Warcraft (especially in Iron Forge...if you play the game and know that place). Below are my computer specs:

Motherboard: ASUS A8N-VM Socket 939 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939
    Memory: Kingston ValueRAM 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory
    Video Card: SAPPHIRE 100139 Radeon X800GTO 128MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 FireBlade Edition
    Case: Rosewill R213A Black/ Red Steel ATX Mid Tower
    Supply: 350W (came with the case)
    Other: DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive and Floppy Drive

Nothing's overclocked. I have lowered the graphical settings on my video card via the ATI Catalyst Control Panel all to performance instead of quality and that helped to a degree. I'm thinking about either upgrade my memory so that I have 1gig total. OR, upgrade my video card to 256MB or something :/

I would personally say your memory is the issue there. Try chucking in another 512mb (or even 2x 512mb) - would probably boost the pcs performance all round
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I planned on purchasing the same memory stick so that I have 2x Kingston ValueRAM 512MB. This is the cheapest alternative to buying another video card and this was to come sometime anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by The Weasel
    Y (especially in Iron Forge...if you play the game and know that place)
    I'm in IF right now and my Windows Task Manager says WoW.exe is using up 447 MB of RAM. RAM would definitely be a boost!
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by schmeg007
    I'm in IF right now and my Windows Task Manager says WoW.exe is using up 447 MB of RAM. RAM would definitely be a boost!
    Yeah, mine was around 400ish. Don't remember the exact number range since I'm at work. I'll test this by taking out the 256MB PC3200 stick of RAM from another computer and slap it in mine and see how that goes.