Thread: Car Accident.

Car Accident.

Hi,

I was driving today and saw this accident , I'm sure the driver must have been injured very badly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCI0005.JPG  
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

Lol, the driver who smashed this car from the back must be the one that's injured pretty badly. But those are not the worst cases though. The worst cases involve police who'll make sure no one gets and photographs, cause it is just so pretty darn bad

Ouch, that car is definitely totaled. Front end doesn't look like much damage occured, but I can't really tell.

I've never seen pictures from Pakistan before

That's Toyota Corolla. This current model has the worst brakes and is involved in various accidents. Plus it's the most sought after car among thieves and is one of the highest stolen vehicles in Pakistan.
    It is popular among public because of high re-sale value.
    Elixir Host (http://www.elixirhost.com)
    Your Final Destination
    Linux, Cold Fusion, Windows and VPS Hosting
    ASP, ASP.Net 1.1/2.0, CF, PHP, MS Access, SQL Server, MySQL, HSphere Control Panel

By the way Zafar, you a member of pakwheels?
    Your Final Destination
    ASP, ASP.Net 1.1/2.0, CF, PHP, MS Access, SQL Server, MySQL, HSphere Control Panel

Quote Originally Posted by ElixirHost
    That's Toyota Corolla. This current model has the worst brakes and is involved in various accidents. Plus it's the most sought after car among thieves and is one of the highest stolen vehicles in Pakistan.
    It is popular among public because of high re-sale value.
    It's also an extremely reliable car. But, if I were to choose between Honda and Toyota, I'd definitely go with Hondas, just because they have the edge on styling and handling. Of course, I acknowledge that both brands are pretty bland in styling and deficient in agility, but Honda still has the edge over Toyota if you are indeed looking for a reliable, dependable car that will run for hundreds of thousands of miles with very little maintenance needed.

Anyway, that accident isn't, by any means, the worst I've seen. In the U.S., particularly the Mid-Atlantic and northeast states, people are such bad drivers; it's really quite funny. When we were driving up to New York City a few weeks ago on the 95, literally in one second traffic just ground to a halt. We knew it was some kind of accident, and people just have to stop to check it out, but it wasn't until we got there that we realized how bad it was. This sedan (don't remember what it was, but it wasn't anything special) had literally been smashed as though it were put in a junkyard compactor. All the windows and doors were broken, and by that time the emergency crews were there and more were arriving. The really disturbing thing was seeing the driver still in there. He wasn't dead; in fact, he was moving and looked like he'd ultimately pull through (although it's admittedly hard to tell). But, in that kind of accident, you can't escape without some level of severe injuries.

We also saw another where a Toyota Supra or Celica (couldn't tell because it was so smashed up) ran into a power transformer while making a sharp left turn at a notoriously dangerous intersection in Fairfax, Virginia. He was obviously going too fast, lost control, and just flew into that thing. Next to his car was a body bag, in which I assume his body was being stored. His car was almost indistinguishable as a car, but I believe it was a Supra or Celica just because of the rough color and shape. The accident also inconvenienced many, because it shut down power for an hour or two to the stoplights and to homes and businesses nearby.

I have seen many such accidents, but one other that's pretty weird was when I saw an accident where someone got run over (well, I've seen a few, but this was one of the more shocking). This area is known for housing lots of immigrants, many of whom don't have their own transportation. But, they live just across the street from a shopping center where they can shop, eat, and do various other errands. So, they often run across the street, jay-walking, as though they will always be okay. Well, the dumbest thing is when they do this at night; no one can see them, and you always think when you see them that one's destined to be hit at one time or another. It's just asking to be run over. Anyway, one night we were driving through that area to go to a good Mexican place we like, and all of a sudden when we went over a hill, we saw the flashing lights of emergency crews on the other side of the street (luckily, not ours). They were diverting traffic around a side street, so it was obviously serious. When we finally got there, we saw what appeared at first to be a body lying in the middle of the street in front of a big SUV; when we got closer, our suspicions were confirmed. That was a very gruesome sight, especially right before dinner! It was also very sad, because I'm sure this isn't a rare incident there. You also had to feel really bad for the driver. I mean, it wasn't really his fault. The guy just came out of nowhere and he had no time to brake. But, now he has to live with killing an innocent person for the rest of his life. That truly defines an "accident!"
    Last edited by SniperDevil; 04-29-2006 at 11:46 AM.

hmmm....you see a lot of accidents
    Your Final Destination

Wow,
    That sucks.

-Wifi

Wouldn't like to see what the driver looked like after that

The driver area is the least damaged from that picture and the front window appear to be intact. Will bet money he walked away.
    Sarcasm, the 6th Ponyman of the Apocalypse.
    Please do not inquire about Tim, the 5th Ponyman.

Accidents are horrible, i live on the highway and a car nearly rammed up our metal fence!

Quote Originally Posted by freak
    Lol, the driver who smashed this car from the back must be the one that's injured pretty badly
    It wasnt smashed form the back as the trunk is almost untouched

Quote Originally Posted by ElixirHost
    hmmm....you see a lot of accidents
    Oh yeah. Welcome to America. That's probably 1/200th of all the accidents I've seen.