Plesk Reseller specs - looking

I'm looking for a good Plesk Reseller. I've checked out HostNexus but I find sites slow that are served from their servers. Maybe they're just too big, too many sites per server. I'm looking for a hosting provider that is small and yet very reliable, superior uptime that's guranteed. I have 8 clients but most of them are savvy and hate downtime/ slowness like me. I would also need to be able to purchase extra static IP addresses for my clients' online stores.

The server would need to be some version of Linux, not BSD. I'm not interested in any other CP except Plesk and either a late version of Apache 1.X or 2.0.X. Support isn't so much an issue unless the servers are down all the time. I rarely need support when things are up.

Please any recommendations would be great. Is my evaluation of HostNexus too premature? I'm surprised by the slowness I see in the sites I've visited that they're hosting.

Thanks, all

Johnquest

Try PowerVPS.com - they offer Plesk, CPanel and DirectAdmin reseller plans for $19.99. Thus far their service is quick and their support is excellent.
    No Signature Required

I do think you should give HostNexus another go. Their site seemed to load fine now.

They have a pretty solid reputation, and you should read: http://whreviews.com/hostnexus.htm.

Their owner posts here at WHT quite often too, and with my last chat with him, I find him a really great guy who you can trust your sites with + I believe he knows what he is doing, with Linux servers that is

Thanks for the recommendations

I'll probably give HN a try. The host I'm with now is too small. The support and uptime was once very good but in the last 6 months has deteriorated plus moves to two different datacenters in 8 months.

Johnquest

HN review

My company in which i work had a reseller acount at hostnexus, they are pretty reliable but in the last 6 month they had some pretty ugly downtimes which are not tolerated in their targeted market

Paying 50$ a month you expect more from them, they are anyway very good in support, phone support is very efficient and also email, but this company is targeting medium bussines market so i don't think they are the most recomended for resellers because at those prices they do not offer end user support or billing systems and they are not promoting their reseller plans like other companies, i think the idea is that you should get a reseller plan for your one sites not for selling around.

I would dig more if i would be in your position about HN before making a step

P.S. And by the way if you dig more you will find that Plesk is not so popular among resellers, you should give Cpanel/WHM a chance and be proud to become one of us (Cpanel/Whm adicts). Of course this is only an advice not to be taken other way

Quote Originally Posted by florinsasioan
    P.S. And by the way if you dig more you will find that Plesk is not so popular among resellers, you should give Cpanel/WHM a chance and be proud to become one of us (Cpanel/Whm adicts). Of course this is only an advice not to be taken other way
    I'm not sure where you've heard that Plesk is not popular among resellers. It is a great CP, for resellers and end users alike. There's not much that cpanel has that can not be found within a plesk control panel. There's also the added value of Plesk being a multi-OS control panel system, something that is lacking from the cPanel offering.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network.

the only systems that cpanel does not support is windows, solaris & osx,\ which will be implemented in the next release (windows will be most likely added in the list of os support)

Plesk is great don't get me wrong, this post is not intended as a mediatic war between Plesk and Cpanel and neighter a comaparation chart between them

i am working with plesk and realize that is way more powerfull that Cpanel an WHM, cpanel instead is more popular among hosting companies because it is more easy to use by end user and it is designed through the perspective of end user.

Plesk is more powerfull regarding server administration, it has many add-ons regarding centralize servers management, machine control, dns zones, etc but take a look at top hosting companies reviewed here at WHT and see that cpanel is more used than plesk

I do not know what your issue was with us, I am guessing from the timeframe, that it was when we had a couple of servers loose thier drives. However, your comment about us as a reseller host is totally false. The fact is that at least 50 percent or more of our business is resellers.

My company in which i work had a reseller acount at hostnexus, they are pretty reliable but in the last 6 month they had some pretty ugly downtimes which are not tolerated in their targeted market

Paying 50$ a month you expect more from them, they are anyway very good in support, phone support is very efficient and also email, but this company is targeting medium bussines market so i don't think they are the most recomended for resellers because at those prices they do not offer end user support or billing systems and they are not promoting their reseller plans like other companies, i think the idea is that you should get a reseller plan for your one sites not for selling around.

I would dig more if i would be in your position about HN before making a step

||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

the only systems that cpanel does not support is windows, solaris & osx,\ which will be implemented in the next release (windows will be most likely added in the list of os support)
    How do you know this?

They have had windows dev at 85% for around two years, so I had given up all hope of ever seeing it ported to the windows platform. I have not seen anything that points to a windows release at the next version stage. I'd be very interested in your source for this information.

It would be great news to see cpanel finally come through on their windows promise. I have heard of internal beta's going around, but they never even put out a preview release, so reports of a windows port in the next version of cPanel is very intriguing. I presume you mean version 11?

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network.

Also I would like to note that we have over 100 servers now and uptime and performance can vary greatly. Wwe still have a few old P3 Tualatin boxes in commission which won't be as fast as the newer dual cpu machines. Of course a few servers would have had some ugly outages. We've replaced many servers where there was some downtime and had drive failures on some servers where downtime was the norm for a non-raid box but all this is par for the course of any medium sized course.

Pretty much the only time there is downtime is for the above reasons. It's not as if apache fails and everyone is asleep because we have at least 20 techs and someone is always on duty. Servers are fast, uptime is great and techs are quick and responsive. That's all I require from a great host.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability