Looking for a company with the following...

Hey everyone,

I have been using Hostentric/HostnDezign for quite a while, but it appears that they have stopped support altogether. I have contacted them numerous times since November with no response. Hence, I am looking for another place where I can set up my reseller shop. The current plan I have is listed below, and I would like to obtain something comparable (information comes from cPanel/WHM).

Subdomains : unlimited
    Parked Domains : unlimited
    Addon Domains : unlimited
    Mysql databases : unlimited
    Disk usage : 5000.00 MB
    Bandwidth usage : 75000 MB
    Email accounts : unlimited
    Email forwarders : unlimited
    Autoresponders : unlimited
    Email filters : unlimited
    Mailing lists : unlimited
    FTP accounts : unlimited

Having cPanel migration would be a huge plus! One of the biggest features I would like to have included is BoxTrapper (a cPanel email spambox, essentially). This is the feature that has been "broken" on Hostentric/HostnDezign since October. If it has been disabled by others, is there a reason why it was (e.g. security vulnerability)?

Any suggestions on a provider would be greatly appreciated.

Those requirements are fairly standard... what is your budget?
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com

To answer your question about BoxTrapper, it looks as though Cpanel has removed it from its newer versions. Any company that updates their servers regularly, will most likely not have this feature available.

That makes sense... I wonder why they removed BoxTrapper. My budget is no more than around $20. It really is a pretty standard set of criteria... especially when BoxTrapper was a part of it.

The message I get when I tried to access the BoxTrapper area was that I needed to upgrade to a hosting package that contained it which led me to believe my hosting provider disabled it. Their lack of response was really the last straw.

So, given the above criteria, who would you recommend?

Try http://www.resellerzoom.com/

Although they do not offer unlimited domains within your budget, you can get unlimited with one of their higher plans. I am not recommending them as I have never had any experience with them, but they have good feedback on WHT.

You can also try searching on www.findmyhosting.com or www.hostsearch.com

Thanks for the info. They are one of the companies I am considering. Thanks for everyone's help.

Another Vouch for ResellerZoom's Advanced Plans

Quote Originally Posted by sonicstorm
    Thanks for the info. They are one of the companies I am considering. Thanks for everyone's help.
    http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=468486

You should look there for resellerzoom review...

Quote Originally Posted by ipotweb
    http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=468486

You should look there for resellerzoom review...
    That particular situation was out of RZ's control. The End-User needs to call his ISP and get his ISP's DNS IP's and put them on his computer.

Not to mention he was continuously hacked by his "disgruntled friend". Again, that's another weight RZ doesn't need placed on him, that was HIS friend and HIS problem.

And his claims about support being low-end, and somewhat useless replies is something I've YET to see, and I'd really like to know who he was talking to.

You need to READ and UNDERSTAND the problem from both points of view before you go throwing them into threads.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicstorm
    Subdomains : unlimited
    Parked Domains : unlimited
    Addon Domains : unlimited
    Mysql databases : unlimited
    Disk usage : 5000.00 MB
    Bandwidth usage : 75000 MB
    Email accounts : unlimited
    Email forwarders : unlimited
    Autoresponders : unlimited
    Email filters : unlimited
    Mailing lists : unlimited
    FTP accounts : unlimited

Any suggestions on a provider would be greatly appreciated.
    Many hosts have plans that meet these requirements for a reasonable - check out the relebant "offers" forums on WHT and similar forums.

Be sure to scan for reviews of the hosts you like the look of and/or email them to ask pertenant questions to check their responses and response time.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingEaglePC
    That particular situation was out of RZ's control. The End-User needs to call his ISP and get his ISP's DNS IP's and put them on his computer.

Not to mention he was continuously hacked by his "disgruntled friend". Again, that's another weight RZ doesn't need placed on him, that was HIS friend and HIS problem.

And his claims about support being low-end, and somewhat useless replies is something I've YET to see, and I'd really like to know who he was talking to.

You need to READ and UNDERSTAND the problem from both points of view before you go throwing them into threads.
    I was just merely giving a negative report about resellerzoom to him, even though it wasn't resellerzooms fault, there are posts here and on google bad about resellerzoom.

Quote Originally Posted by ipotweb
    I was just merely giving a negative report about resellerzoom to him, even though it wasn't resellerzooms fault, there are posts here and on google bad about resellerzoom.
    Of course there is, there's bad posts on every host who's been around as long as them.

1 host that is good for one person, may not work for another. There's a certain niché that fits each person.

I'm just saying that's NOT a good example.

Would reccomend Sonataweb.net (I am hosted with them for more than one year)

Have a look at their current special, hope that meets your requirement:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=469156
    <<snipped>><<snipped>>
    why?

Boxtrapper caused a few problems. It caused very high loads on the servers it was used on. Along with that, if enabled by default, most people won't receive their email.

As for your requirements/budget, you should be fine, obviously depending on ressource useage as well.